Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tiger Woods

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Tiger Woods
on: February 23, 2021, 10:51:43 PM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Tiger Woods
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:05:06 PM
I just saw on the tv as the Mrs was watching,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 11:54:19 PM
Just heard the news.  I hope he pulls through and recovers 100 percent.
Barry

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 04:34:30 AM
I feel bad for the guy. I've been around my share of wrecks and that's not even the worst I've seen by a long shot, but evidently his legs were injured and he's "lucky to be alive."

That can mean a lot of things.

Also, as I understand it, there is an accident reconstruction. Around here, they only do that if someone has died or received injuries where that is a strong possibility, even if not a certainty.

Hoping for the best for him. If he pulls through, could SOMEBODY volunteer to drive for this guy?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 05:09:27 AM
I hope there was no ex around with a 9 iron?

Seriously, a bit shocked at the news and hopes he pulls through.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 11:49:12 AM
I hope there was no ex around with a 9 iron?

I genuinely hope he recovers, but I do admit of thinking that too...

I must punish myself for these thoughts
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 12:37:27 PM
As someone who also enjoys living with screws and plates in their ankles, I really feel for Tiger on this one.

Mind you, he probably has the best doctors, the best care and rehab etc, but between this and his bad back, my guess is that his days of competition have come to an end. 

Still, I wish him all the best.  I'm not a huge golf fan, and so I don't know much about him beyond the various snippets of his life that the media has glommed onto over the years, but feet and ankles are very complex devices, and compound fractures can be extremely difficult, if not impossible to repair properly.  And, in many cases, the surgery to repair the damage can cause other damage, and then there's the joy of post traumatic arthritis to deal with.

All in all, he has been counted out before and has come back, and I hope he manages to do it again.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 10:44:47 PM
I'm no golf fan either, but Tiger transcends sports in a way. People who are not into golf know his name. People who are not even into sports at all know his name...

And you are right, a compound fracture of the lower extremities is very difficult.what a wreck that was. Very fortunate to survive as well as he had. I hope he continues to get well.

If Tiger does come back from this, that would be something to witness.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 05:17:50 PM
This wasn't his first major vehicle accident.  At least he can afford the best care and has income to live on if he can't play anymore.
Tiger Woods.jpg
* Tiger Woods.jpg (Filesize: 63.77 KB)

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 05:31:06 PM
There is a current HBO Max documentary on Tiger Woods which is really good.  Tiger, like many of us, is an enigma.  He is half a super likable, decent guy, and half a complete A-hole adulterer, family destroyer and someone who turned against his friends.  As a young child, he saw his dad and dad's friend bringing skank girls into the RV, and his dad was largely a jerk.  Dad said young Tiger was going to be the next savior of the world.  That's pressure.  That's a poor childhood.

But ultimately, Tiger's behavior is 100% on Tiger.  And he is a very poor decision maker.  Multiple adulteries, divorce, drug abuse, arrest, crashing his Caddy into a tree at 2 a.m., and now choosing to drive at high speed and not keep his eyeballs on the road.  All of those are a result of Tiger's volition, and I just cannot feel sorry for him.  He has squandered a real opportunity to live a clean life and be a role model.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 07:38:22 PM
There is a current HBO Max documentary on Tiger Woods which is really good.  Tiger, like many of us, is an enigma.  He is half a super likable, decent guy, and half a complete A-hole adulterer, family destroyer and someone who turned against his friends.  As a young child, he saw his dad and dad's friend bringing skank girls into the RV, and his dad was largely a jerk.  Dad said young Tiger was going to be the next savior of the world.  That's pressure.  That's a poor childhood.

But ultimately, Tiger's behavior is 100% on Tiger.  And he is a very poor decision maker.  Multiple adulteries, divorce, drug abuse, arrest, crashing his Caddy into a tree at 2 a.m., and now choosing to drive at high speed and not keep his eyeballs on the road.  All of those are a result of Tiger's volition, and I just cannot feel sorry for him.  He has squandered a real opportunity to live a clean life and be a role model.

I hope I'm never tested with fame and riches. Sounds trite but I mean it.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 01:21:05 AM
I hope I'm never tested with fame and riches. Sounds trite but I mean it.

I'll risk it.  Sign me up.  :tu:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 01:29:24 AM
Exactly!
I'm no golf fan either, but Tiger transcends sports in a way. People who are not into golf know his name. People who are not even into sports at all know his name...

And you are right, a compound fracture of the lower extremities is very difficult.what a wreck that was. Very fortunate to survive as well as he had. I hope he continues to get well.

If Tiger does come back from this, that would be something to witness.
Barry

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 03:34:30 AM
Is the Tiger documentary worth watching?
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 05:40:45 AM
.... He has squandered a real opportunity to live a clean life and be a role model.

Like every one else, Tiger Woods has made choices in life, and then he has to live with the consequences of those choices.  But I don't understand why someone is expected to be a "role model" just because they are in the public eye.  I try to avoid putting my expectations/wishes on other people.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 02:53:35 PM
That was one heck of a crash. Whatever he is I do hope he gets well.  I'm also glad there was no one else involved.   The speeds at which people drive here locally have gone up.  Our posted max is 70mph but last night as I was coming home 50 miles away driving the posted limit, people were passing me like I was standing still. 

Texting and every other distraction have me a bit worried on the roadways these days. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 12:31:50 AM
Like every one else, Tiger Woods has made choices in life, and then he has to live with the consequences of those choices.  But I don't understand why someone is expected to be a "role model" just because they are in the public eye.  I try to avoid putting my expectations/wishes on other people.

I'd rather be rich than famous. If I ever hit it big, nobody will ever know. Every bit of good I put that money to, would be anonymous. Most of the pressure comes when people KNOW you are rich

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 04:04:45 AM
 :iagree:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99