Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Member and first time SAK owner 1064

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,337 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: New Member and first time SAK owner
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »
Welcome. Sounds like you have found a few good uses for them.  :hatsoff:

I am sure you probably are already aware of SAKWiki seeing as you have found Multitool.org...but if you haven't...

https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php

And the other members aren't kidding. If you get the SAK bug bad, there are so many to collect, that your small drawer might overflow before you know it.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2021, 08:26:06 PM »
Howdy folks. From Ohio here and rather new to the forum. I’ve been a SAK fan since my brother sent me a Huntsman back in 1984 while he was stationed in Germany. I had an uncle into knives who told me to take good care of that knife because it was quality kit. I’ve carried it very frequently since and it is still going strong.

I was more into tactical folders buying mostly Emersons and Benchmades. Now, I’m just into SAKs and traditional slip joints.  I saw Scientist somewhere and just immediately fell in love all over again with SAKs. I always carry Rambler in the watch pocket, a Scientist or Tourist, and a Murray Carter ‘Perfect’ model neck knife. This has been my daily carry for years.

My latest project has been turning a Spartan into a whittler. I modded the bottle opener into a chisel, the small blade into a Wharncliffe and I filed off the small screwdriver tip for easier scraping a la Felix Immler’s suggestion. I didn’t do the best work, but it’s a better whittler now and only another 20 bucks or so to do it again, only better.

Laters!

Full Member Posts: 238
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2021, 08:30:48 PM »

So which one is next on your want to buy list?

A Rambler for sure. Beyond that I am not sure. I've got a donor on it's way to change out the scales of the Tinker small to include a toothpick/tweezers. I'm really really digging that one as an EDC.

If I order something else, it will probably be after giving it much thought. I'm a sucker for impulsively purchasing stuff at the fleamarket though.

Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__
Full Member Posts: 238
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2021, 08:37:18 PM »
Howdy folks. From Ohio here and rather new to the forum. I’ve been a SAK fan since my brother sent me a Huntsman back in 1984 while he was stationed in Germany. I had an uncle into knives who told me to take good care of that knife because it was quality kit. I’ve carried it very frequently since and it is still going strong.

I was more into tactical folders buying mostly Emersons and Benchmades. Now, I’m just into SAKs and traditional slip joints.  I saw Scientist somewhere and just immediately fell in love all over again with SAKs. I always carry Rambler in the watch pocket, a Scientist or Tourist, and a Murray Carter ‘Perfect’ model neck knife. This has been my daily carry for years.

My latest project has been turning a Spartan into a whittler. I modded the bottle opener into a chisel, the small blade into a Wharncliffe and I filed off the small screwdriver tip for easier scraping a la Felix Immler’s suggestion. I didn’t do the best work, but it’s a better whittler now and only another 20 bucks or so to do it again, only better.

Laters!

Whatcha whittling with that Spartan Powerbill?

Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__
Global Moderator No Life Club Posts: 3,708
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2021, 10:54:52 PM »
Welcome to Powerbill too

Good work on the Spartan and of course I dont have to say anymore about the Huntsman !!  ;)
No Life Club Posts: 3,107
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2021, 11:44:39 PM »
Welcome to the madness Jason and Powerbill. LOL

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**
No Life Club Posts: 2,427
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 08:54:13 AM »
 :iagree: welcome indeed!
Sr. Member Posts: 423
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2021, 07:52:47 PM »

Laters!

Welcome and good job with the Spartan.

Of course, any whittler simply must have a Ranger for the chisel, saws, and file.  :pok: :D
Global Moderator No Life Club Posts: 3,708
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2021, 05:02:39 AM »
Whaaaat    ???    Shock Horror !!!    :o

Of course, any whittler simply must have a Ranger for the chisel, saws, and file.  :pok: :D

Have we finally found someone who uses the chisel
Thread Killer 2019 No Life Club Posts: 4,627
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2021, 06:09:43 PM »
Whoa, a twofer!  Welcome to Both of you. :cheers:
Hero Member Posts: 778
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2021, 11:36:09 AM »
Welcome to the pair of you , thanks for sharing your stories. Looking forward to hearing of future SAK adventures and everyday happenings involving swiss goodness  :cheers:

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97
Site Currency: USD