Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First Look: Tasmanian Tiger Modular Combat Pack (pic heavy) 325

Jr. Member Posts: 98
First Look: Tasmanian Tiger Modular Combat Pack (pic heavy)
« on: March 03, 2021, 08:01:00 AM »
Well folks, I´d like to introduce you to my newest addition, the Tasmanien Tiger Modular Combat Pack.
If you look around, you´ll find tons of packs in the daypack range. To stand out you have to do better than most. Let´s have a look if TT did.

Just the facts:
22 liter capacity
Measurements: 50 x 29 x 14 cm
Fabric is 700er Cordura
1,6 kg base weight

Nothing too special you say?

True, but :-)
Tasmanien Tiger has done a great job expanding the „Modular“-series and refining the details. New thought out features have been added and so far, I like what I see.

Let´s have a look.
Glamshot:

Presentation is king...

In my case, it looks more like this:

„If it ain´t rainin´, it ain´t trainin`“
...or something like it. I can happily report, the pack is if not waterproof but heavily waterrepellant. God enough in my book, I don´t plan on diving with it.

Let´s have a look at the carrying system. The Modular Combat Pack (MCP) uses the Padded Back-System, as invented and build by TT. In this case, length-adjustable shoulder straps have been added.

This feature accounts for the use of plate carriers, as you will need longer straps. Additionally the paddign is a little thinner as usual, but still very comfy, let me tell you.
The length adjustability is a great feature, especially in the wintertime. Wearing my arctic coat, I don´t feel like in a yoke, so full points on this.

A chest strap, D-rings and fast release buckles are standard as is elastic webbing for storing excess straps.
The removable hipbelt comes with two side pouches, closed by zippers.

Side pouches are to be found on either side, large enough to hold your run of the mill water bottle. Lasercut-Molle offers ample mounting options, additional pouches or carabiners, the sky is the limit. I use a carabiner to secure my bottles, nothing worse than arriving at your destination, just to find you lost your only water along the way...

All „Modular“-descendants come with a well organized top-pouch. You´ll find hook-and-loop, I store my RATS Tourniquet there. Two D-rings, a sleeve- and a hook-and-loop closure pouch are present as well. New for the MCP is the meshpouch. Pictured is the hottest EDC-item these days, a surgical mask…
O tempores, o mores...

The big pouch at the bottom comes with two hook-and-loop stips, ideal for mounting organizers, mag-pouches, or other essentials. On the opposite side you´ll find a big meshpouch. I store my rather voluminous Shemagh there, pretty roomy.

Let´s have a short break.
I initially intended to use the MCP as my mobile office. Any laptop with 15 inch or smaller will fit, along with all the necessities. Keybord, mouse, chargers, the like. Water bottle, note book, pens, etc. That was the plan.
 ...and then CoVid came, or stayed, or whatever. My wife and I are pretty lucky, as we can work from home. So I made the best of it and play tourist in our own city. There are worse ways to spend ones time.

Especially with weather like this:

The hipbelt can be removed entirely, or be folded backwards. I added some shockcord, the loops are already there. Stashing rainwear, hoodies or the like, a perfect place if the pack is already stuffed.

As mentioned, being a tourist in your own city, exiting!

The main compartement comes with four meshpouches, two on each side. I store my Mini First Aid kit there, below are my gloves.

By the way, the Mini First Aid Kit is new as well, good kit!

If you want me to show it n detail, just say the word!

The meshpouch swallows the IFAK completely. On the other side you´ll find a zipper pouch, handy for valuables.

Th epack is a clamshell design, so you can open it up completely.
Tasmanian Tiger advertises the MCP as dual-opening, as the zipper is build in a way to facilitate a toploader funcion as well.
Pretty nifty, and works well. German engineering, what can I say.

If you managed to read this far, maybe you are asking yourself: But how much can this thing actually hold? Is it big enough?

I asked myself exactly the same thing!

It´s still a little chilly for a summer sleeping bag, but.
Stuffed with the Snugpak Jungle Bag and lots of things to mke the out of doors more fun:

And this is where the Modular Combat Pack really shines:

Everything you see in the picture was fitted inside. I tried with a biger sleeping bag, but that was quite a hassle.

All things considered the Modular Combat Pack is an outstanding pack, fits several roles perfectly and is reasonable priced. The workmanship is without fail, I come to expect as much from Tasmanian Tiger for years now. Quality gear with a German twist, if you may. The MCP pretty much is my current „Go To“ pack, its that versatile.

As always, if there are any questions, I´ll be happy to answers, if I can :-)

M
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,268
Re: First Look: Tasmanian Tiger Modular Combat Pack (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 10:18:49 AM »
Nice review with great details and photos.  I have looked at a few different Tasmanian Tiger packs, but never purchased one. 
No Life Club Posts: 2,263
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 10:38:24 AM »
:like: great review Thehunt :tu:
No Life Club Posts: 1,632
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 01:34:16 AM »
Great review, and awesome pictures; looks like a nice place to live in! I've never considered TT, but after this, I'm thinking of having a go at it. Thank you, Thehunt.  :cheers:
No Life Club Posts: 1,341
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 12:35:05 AM »
Great review, and of course we want to see the mini FAK.

- Steve

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD