Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PowerAccess Assist

Offline StrangeToolbot

PowerAccess Assist
on: March 06, 2021, 05:36:22 AM
Is this a worthwhile SOG, or does it suffer from a series of issues due to the assisted opening tools? I ask this specific question as some online reviews have commented on this. It would be my second SOG tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gav

Re: PowerAccess Assist
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 11:23:09 PM
I bought one,two actually,and the locking mechanism on the side with the quarter inch driver sticks something terrible.I've had to file down some of it and oil and work it open and close countless times to free it up.its still not as free as the other side but it is operating a little better.I've seen the same issue with a youtube reviewer on his one.first day I couldn't even flick out the assisted blades it was so tight.it looks like one locking tab is cast slightly bigger than the other and has no room to operate freely.like I said though it does seem to be improving with use but I really didn't expect to have to modify my brand new multi.besides that though it is an awesome tool.big and chunky.should take whatever you throw at it.the stonewash finish is beautiful.I hope they're not all like that.I haven't opened the other one for fear.

Offline StrangeToolbot

Re: PowerAccess Assist
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 11:25:55 PM
I bought one,two actually,and the locking mechanism on the side with the quarter inch driver sticks something terrible.I've had to file down some of it and oil and work it open and close countless times to free it up.its still not as free as the other side but it is operating a little better.I've seen the same issue with a youtube reviewer on his one.first day I couldn't even flick out the assisted blades it was so tight.it looks like one locking tab is cast slightly bigger than the other and has no room to operate freely.like I said though it does seem to be improving with use but I really didn't expect to have to modify my brand new multi.besides that though it is an awesome tool.big and chunky.should take whatever you throw at it.the stonewash finish is beautiful.I hope they're not all like that.I haven't opened the other one for fear.
I concur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69