Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which shovel? 1178

Point Of No Return Posts: 32,618 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Which shovel?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2021, 02:20:22 PM »
I ended up using that one I made for something and then when done I walk right over to a small branch that was bothering me and hacked it off in about three hits!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
No Life Club Posts: 1,655
Re: Which shovel?
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2021, 02:21:33 PM »
The general design of portable shovels for wintertime look a bit different around here. The Fiskars below is a typical example. They are good for building shelters and digging down on trips, and nice to have in the back of the car or snowmobile. Not so great on ice or icy snow - old shovels of this kind will often develop a rip in the aluminium after a lot of such use. The main benefit of a shovel made for snow is that it gets the those kinds of jobs done much faster due to the shape and size.

Personally I have a middle of the road option for the car. A bit smaller, and with a pointy steel blade - though not so small as the collapsible ones. The weight difference matters less in the car, and it will handle ice as well. (That thing is supposedly made for digging in steep uphill areas - thus shorter handle than normal).
9.08 KB | 165x393

"Simple is hard"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $52.47
PayPal Fees: $3.73
Net Balance: $48.74
Below Goal: $251.26
Site Currency: USD
16%