Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alternative Compact

Offline Helvetica Bold

Alternative Compact
on: March 30, 2021, 10:12:01 PM
I’m a great fan of the Compact, I think it’s an incredibly well thought out SAK but never carry mine because the toolset just doesn’t quite work for me personally ..so this is my take on it.

Nothing clever just a reconfig of basic tools that still make a pretty feature packed 2 layer ;0) See what you think...

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Alternative Compact
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:56:42 AM
 :like: I am always a fan for the metal file/saw, and this is definitely a cool alternative to the original!

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 12:03:29 PM
Great mod!

I liked all your tool choices

My favorites SAK's have a file.
(The Trail Guide is a Compact plus a file)

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

Offline Helvetica Bold

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 04:37:13 PM
I’m a definitely a fan of the multi-function file and think it often makes more sense that the wood saw if you have to choose between them but you can’t argue with sales and the Huntsman has  been one of the top selling models in the range pretty much forever I imagine. Wonder what the proportion difference is between that and Mountaineer sales?

Don’t get me me wrong I love the wood saw - it feels more dangerous than the actual blade to me and perhaps people like the aggressive and functional nature of it in such as small format?

For me edc should at least have a file and a cap lifter of a some sort and a blade even if it’s small - everything else is a bonus. The Manager is a genius construction in my book and always have one on my  keychain.

I also put this 91mm ‘Sportsman X’ together recently which is getting a lot of pocket time...yes I cut an orange peeler into the can opener!  :rofl:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 05:00:49 PM
I’m a great fan of the Compact, I think it’s an incredibly well thought out SAK but never carry mine because the toolset just doesn’t quite work for me personally ..so this is my take on it.

Nothing clever just a reconfig of basic tools that still make a pretty feature packed 2 layer ;0) See what you think...

Nice!

I also put this 91mm ‘Sportsman X’ together recently which is getting a lot of pocket time...yes I cut an orange peeler into the can opener!  :rofl:

Interesting!
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%