Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

June Pocket Rocket Challenge 23779

Hero Member Posts: 511
Re: June Pocket Rocket Challenge
« Reply #960 on: June 15, 2021, 06:31:47 PM »
Day 15

The Mini Champ opened some post and the Classic opened dinner. I'm looking at some of the other uses and thinking I need to find something a bit more innovative over the second half of the challenge!

We have the tools, we have the talent!
Full Member Posts: 239
« Reply #961 on: June 15, 2021, 06:46:47 PM »
DAY 15  PTC glamor shot while out doing some gardening. 

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,373

Nix us

« Reply #962 on: June 15, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
Day 15:

Sorry for the blurry shot.....although, given the subject matter, there is some ironic humor to be seen....

The Esquire has been rather busy this morning, but my camera has not. Aside from opening an envelope with some replacement Fresnel lens ( the one in my wallet tends to get grimy and worn. ), the Esquire's nail file tool was used to pop open the drain cover in the garage. The scissors were used to snip a wayward tendril from a pea plant. And the knife was used to breakdown a box that Mrs Nix no longer needed.

Can't wait to see what the afternoon brings......  :rofl:

heterodox, not in the box
Hero Member Posts: 695 Average Old Guy.
« Reply #963 on: June 15, 2021, 07:14:12 PM »
Day 15. Received an unexpected parcel from an old friend I'd lost touch with. Executive helped open the package.
Sweet.  I've got one of those, in red.  It was actually my first SAK.  My wife bought it for me many, many years ago.

Addicted to sharp pointy things.
Hero Member Posts: 695 Average Old Guy.
« Reply #964 on: June 15, 2021, 07:20:49 PM »
Day 15.
Half way marker.
Had to give the canine fur babies their flea/tick meds, today.  Their meds cost almost as much as me. Oh well, MC to the rescue.

Addicted to sharp pointy things.
No Life Club Posts: 1,306
« Reply #965 on: June 15, 2021, 07:36:56 PM »
So far today the Executive has been unhelpful in removing a rusted on gate from my parent's house. In its stead:

-Angle grinder

-hacksaw

-Screrw driver

-Claw hammer

And the most important tool of all, blunt force and a disregard for personal safety  :salute:

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!

Nix us

« Reply #966 on: June 15, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
SAK meets reality.   :-\

No Life Club Posts: 1,306
« Reply #967 on: June 15, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »
SAK meets reality.   :-\

Hey now, a 93mm cap lifter might have been the difference, never lose faith sir knight  8)

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,540 aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
« Reply #968 on: June 15, 2021, 08:29:51 PM »
Day 15, box opening duty for the classic.
The red OC is making a guest appearance to cover my address on the shipping label.

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,156 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #969 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:03 PM »
Swapped keychains out for the Space Vacuum Classic and ran some errands.  We had to replenish the salt in the water softener system, so Classic to the rescue!  To be honest, I'm finding that the Classic is doing everything I need keychain tool wise, without the extra bulk.  I do love that ballpoint pen in the mighty Minichamp!
I did have to resort to the Opinel No. 9 to cut a banana mega muffin in half.  The Classic just didn't have the reach.  That being said, the 58's are still more than enough for 95% of my daily jobs. 

Barry

Nix us

« Reply #970 on: June 15, 2021, 08:36:01 PM »

I did have to resort to the Opinel No. 9 to cut a banana mega muffin in half.  The Classic just didn't have the reach. 

Uh...perhaps we should just be eating the standard, 58mm compatible, Banana Nut muffins?   :think:

If your mid-day snack requires a Chef's knife.....well.....what do your pants tell you....?   :think:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:56:54 PM by Nix »

Sr. Member Posts: 303
« Reply #971 on: June 15, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »
Day 15. Received an unexpected parcel from an old friend I'd lost touch with. Executive helped open the package.
I hope we see more photos of that SuperTimer! Very nice!

Current SAKs:
Champion c, Bijou (2), Classic SD (5), Cavalier, Mini Champ (2nd gen.) Plus (mod), Swiss Champ (2), Explorer (2), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Pioneer Alox, Bantam, Evolution S557, Wenger Serrated Commander, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Executive, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod)
No Life Club Posts: 1,380
« Reply #972 on: June 15, 2021, 09:03:03 PM »
Swapped keychains out for the Space Vacuum Classic and ran some errands.  We had to replenish the salt in the water softener system, so Classic to the rescue!  To be honest, I'm finding that the Classic is doing everything I need keychain tool wise, without the extra bulk.  I do love that ballpoint pen in the mighty Minichamp!
I did have to resort to the Opinel No. 9 to cut a banana mega muffin in half.  The Classic just didn't have the reach.  That being said, the 58's are still more than enough for 95% of my daily jobs.
Wow! A EMPI keychain! Nice one!

Nice uses Barry! And a beautifull classic

(ô_\ ! /_ô)

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

Full Member Posts: 239
« Reply #973 on: June 15, 2021, 09:26:32 PM »

Uh...perhaps we should just be eating the standard, 58mm compatible, Banana Nut muffins?   :think:

If your mid-day snack requires a Chef's knife.....well.....what do your pants tell you....?   :think:

That's hitting below the belt.  :rofl:

Nix us

« Reply #974 on: June 15, 2021, 09:44:12 PM »
 :rofl:

« Reply #975 on: June 15, 2021, 09:49:32 PM »

:like:

That reminds me I have to replenish my supply of salt for our water softener; just one bag left!

^-- where the cat sits
« Reply #976 on: June 15, 2021, 09:50:11 PM »
Day 15.
Half way marker.
Had to give the canine fur babies their flea/tick meds, today.  Their meds cost almost as much as me. Oh well, MC to the rescue.

:tu:

^-- where the cat sits
No Life Club Posts: 4,048 Carpe titanium
« Reply #977 on: June 15, 2021, 09:51:32 PM »
Sweet.  I've got one of those, in red.  It was actually my first SAK.  My wife bought it for me many, many years ago.

I’ve never seen one in the flesh and this really is a very kind gesture from a childhood friend I got back in contact with recently. He happened to mention he’d picked up a few SAKs in some trading and asked me about them. I’m really touched tbh. Now all I need is some Champ challenge or some such to get involved in …

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake
No Life Club Posts: 4,048 Carpe titanium
« Reply #978 on: June 15, 2021, 09:52:01 PM »
I hope we see more photos of that SuperTimer! Very nice!

You certainly will.  :cheers:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake
Sr. Member Posts: 303
« Reply #979 on: June 15, 2021, 11:54:46 PM »
Day 15

Opened a bag of mandarins for me and a case of dog food for Louie, the Cocker Spaniel you all met yesterday.

We'll both be quite happy later.

For Day 15, I swapped out for the mighty Minichamp.  For illustrative purposes, I wanted to show the different ways that the cuticle pusher would come in handy.  One way is as a fine straight edge screwdriver.
I agree with Barry about using the cuticle pusher for slot-head screws. I've been doing that for a long time. The screws holding the handles on to Mrs. P's cooking pots work loose occasionally and the Mini Champ is perfect for tightening them up. And it's always in my pocket!

Current SAKs:
Champion c, Bijou (2), Classic SD (5), Cavalier, Mini Champ (2nd gen.) Plus (mod), Swiss Champ (2), Explorer (2), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Pioneer Alox, Bantam, Evolution S557, Wenger Serrated Commander, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Executive, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod)
No Life Club Posts: 2,828
« Reply #980 on: June 16, 2021, 12:37:34 AM »

This appears to be a helpful corollary to the advice of never needing a can opener on a backpacking trip by avoiding canned goods entirely.

I wonder if I should continue to get full use out of the Classic SD by switching my ... err... beverages.... to cans instead of bottles....   :whistle:

Nix us

« Reply #981 on: June 16, 2021, 01:01:12 AM »
Day 15 ( bonus beverage access shot ):

I wonder if I should continue to get full use out of the Classic SD by switching my ... err... beverages.... to cans instead of bottles....   :whistle:

Well now....isn't that a coincidence......

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,836
« Reply #982 on: June 16, 2021, 02:45:10 AM »
Day 15
The Classic helped to liberate a new SAK

This challenge just got a lot harder, because this one is just begging to be carried and used.

Nix us

« Reply #983 on: June 16, 2021, 03:14:27 AM »
 :like:   Very nice!

No Life Club Posts: 1,531
« Reply #984 on: June 16, 2021, 03:46:01 AM »
This appears to be a helpful corollary to the advice of never needing a can opener on a backpacking trip by avoiding canned goods entirely.

The SD classic handles bottles just fine. You just have to have faith. (And a little technique helps.)

Don't get too serious, just enough will do.
No Life Club Posts: 2,426
« Reply #985 on: June 16, 2021, 04:47:12 AM »
Day 15
(Image removed from quote.)

This challenge just got a lot harder, because this one is just begging to be carried and used.

Another beauty!  :like: :like: :drool:
« Reply #986 on: June 16, 2021, 04:49:45 AM »
Day 15
(Image removed from quote.)

Wow! That's a beautifull SAK.
The tool selection is great

« Reply #987 on: June 16, 2021, 04:51:46 AM »
Day 15

Classic helped to cut some brocoli to my 2 kids dinner.

« Reply #988 on: June 16, 2021, 05:03:02 AM »
 :facepalm: Just when I was feeling good about cutting it in half :rofl:

Barry
« Reply #989 on: June 16, 2021, 05:03:35 AM »
 :tu: :tu:
The SD classic handles bottles just fine. You just have to have faith. (And a little technique helps.)

Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97
Site Currency: USD