Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just stumbled about this CRKT MT

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Just stumbled about this CRKT MT
on: March 26, 2021, 04:25:57 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that the tip of the wrench is not a good place for a glass breaker?  Or am i missing something and this is the best thing since sliced bread?  :facepalm:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Just stumbled about this CRKT MT
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 08:39:21 AM
A Product Management issue  :facepalm:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:38:21 PM
Totally agree, as I do not think it is because: its not strong enough by sitting outside the solid part of the jaw, almost on top of the teeth area; makes the jaw cumbersome to work with in tight places; who adds teeth to an adjustable wrench? There is no way to really apply enough force, like when gripping, to prevent those teeth from slipping. Also, I'm wondering if the screwdrivers are mounted but removable in that flip port by the adjusting knurl, because if not, it will be of no use in tight places.

The CRKT story goes that it was designed by an AFM after a helicopter crash; I've been inside a combat helicopter once, and don't recall much as to how it was built or arranged but, still wonder how useful this might be in such a situation; maybe it is "something better than none" thing. :dunno:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 02:08:44 AM
I had a thread of it somewhere on here  :think: but the glass breaker isn't placed very well  :facepalm: I have wondered when these would be out but never heard anything from CRKT about these since the release of the first pics back late last year 8) I still  :like: it and want one though  :facepalm: :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 06:22:41 AM
That's an adjustable wrench?? All along I thought is a pliers..

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:36:09 AM
First off, we have to appreciate how small it is... then we have to look at the tools:
- adjustable wrench
- blade
- bit-holder
- tap hammer?
All that is great... then we have to remember that it was made by CRKT, so they had to screw it up somehow and that is why they added the glass-breaker. :facepalm:

Seriously, this looks like a pretty good package, don't even mind the 8Cr13MoV on the blade. However, even if you can remove the glass-breaker (hopefully), it appears that the frame and that seems to include pliers and tap hammer, are made from aluminium. Now, I'm not an expert and on a tool this small, it might work. But that seems to be an odd choice.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%