Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Source for SAK bushings UK

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Source for SAK bushings UK
on: March 20, 2021, 11:44:01 AM
Would anyone know where to get extra bushings in the UK for 91mm work?
I've managed to source the right size brass rod but need to replace the existing bushings that I banjaxed drilling out the pins - a common enough event for the inexperienced!
Any help would be appreciated. ???
We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Offline Helvetica Bold

Re: Source for SAK bushings UK
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 03:19:27 PM
I think these are only really sourced from old knives unless  you can find and engineer to make them for you but imagine that would be very expensive....

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 05:10:23 PM
Search “2,25mm brass” on the bay. Gotta use the comma separator. The seller I mentioned should come up. I’m not sure if it’s within the rules to post seller IDs, unless it to warn about bad stuff.  :dunno:

PM me if you don’t find it.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

00 Online SAKTaschenmesser

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 06:25:58 PM
I have bought rivets and brass collars from this seller, but directly, I have his email address. Easy to deal with, good service.

From memory you can’t buy these on EBay if you are a British EBay member, ‘pocket knife’ and all that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 09:32:37 PM
I have bought rivets and brass collars from this seller, but directly, I have his email address. Easy to deal with, good service.

From memory you can’t buy these on EBay if you are a British EBay member, ‘pocket knife’ and all that.

Wow!  Good to know...
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 08:42:11 AM

Yep. This is the way. Apparently it sucks to be a SAK enthusiast in the UK. Not to worry, I appear to have saved enough of my banjaxed brass to continue my “experiment”.

Many thanks to all of you for the advice.  :cheers:
Morituri Nolumus Mori

00 Online SAKTaschenmesser

Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 11:14:56 AM
Yep. This is the way. Apparently it sucks to be a SAK enthusiast in the UK. Not to worry, I appear to have saved enough of my banjaxed brass to continue my “experiment”.

Many thanks to all of you for the advice.  :cheers:
I have some, but not many, if you have any which are not salvageable, I might be able to donate a couple.

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 11:28:43 AM
Very much appreciated SAKT. I'll come back to you if needed but so far so good. Thanks again  :tu:
Morituri Nolumus Mori

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 01:12:42 PM
I just sent you a package with some mod fodder and I think I included a few collars. Not 100% sure :think:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 01:26:50 PM
You, my man, are the gift that keeps on giving.
Many thanks to you and everyone else who responded to my cry for help.
You may be interested to hear that I have almost put my first restored SAK back together. A pre-hook Ranger with busted blades and twisted chisel. It's just waiting for me to gather the courage to snip and close the outside rivets. I am bloody dangerous with a ballpeen hammer!
Anyhoo - in the best tradition of beginner's "s#*t out of" luck, I had the whole thing built but couldn't get the cutting blade layer to work. Turns out I'd used the wrong back-spring on the opener layer and had to disassemble the whole thing again.
Oh well, every day a learning day...

Thanks again lads.
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Offline Helvetica Bold

Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 09:28:32 PM
Search “2,25mm brass” on the bay. Gotta use the comma separator. The seller I mentioned should come up. I’m not sure if it’s within the rules to post seller IDs, unless it to warn about bad stuff.  :dunno:

PM me if you don’t find it.

Fantastic tip. This will be very handy for the future. That’s why I love this forum... :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%