Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Great Declaration Knife Works sale event!

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
The Great Declaration Knife Works sale event!
on: March 24, 2021, 11:40:18 PM
The Great Declaration Knife Works Sale!

Ok, everybody, I have just bought my Auctioneer’s badge from Multitool.org, and I have a week to offer you a sale! As soon as you see this is live, you may go to my eBay page ( https://www.ebay.com/str/declarationknifeworks ) and peruse my wares, and see whether there’s anything you would like to purchase. 

I will donate 10% of the proceeds to Multitool.org! So this is a win-win-win for everybody. Also, whoever buys the most amount of stuff from me by Wednesday of next week, will receive a special prize. I still don’t know what that is yet….

I may continue to add items throughout the week, so watch for it!

Now, to make this both fun and fair for everybody (or as fun and fair as possible!), I’ve come up with some instructions to keep things orderly.
First of all, please note that practically all my items, especially the knives, have “Make an offer” buttons. Because I’ve been trying to build up enough stuff to make this all worthwhile, some of the prices are a bit higher than average, but I am ready to receive offers.

Now, specifically, here are the instructions, beginning with those for purchasers within the USA:

1.   Please feel free to make an offer on any item. When you do so, be sure to identify yourself as a MTO member in the accompanying message. In fact, please tell me your MTO handle, so I can keep everybody straight. By identifying yourself, you help me know which sales come from this promotion, so I can donate the proper amount to MTO. Clearly the general public is also out there buying my stuff too.
2.   I will leave every offer open for a minimum of 12 hours before accepting it, to give other members a chance to also make an offer. If two or more people (members, or not) make offers on the same item, I will be sure the members involved know they have competition, giving them a chance to make a higher offer if they choose.
3.   I am willing to take at least 20% off any item listed. I may very well accept even below 20%, depending on the item. But of course, see rule #2. My feelings will not be hurt by your low offers. 😊 Offers below a certain amount will be automatically rejected.
4.   You may choose to pay full price for an item and buy it immediately. Also, if you make a high enough offer, in many cases, you will automatically win the item. The dollar amount and percentage of total varies from item to item. So in some cases, if the item is say $20, you might offer $16 and bam, you won it. In other cases, the auto amount might be more like $19, and only an offer of $19 (or higher) will win it instantly. Also, any time you purchase something, be sure, as mentioned in Rule #1, that you identify yourself by MTO handle to me, so I know how much $ to donate to the forum.
5.   If you buy, or hope to buy, multiple items, do not pay for them until the end of the sale week, or until you know you are done shopping. (Remember, I may add more items during the week). I will gladly total you up a combined shipping invoice, so be sure to request it when you are ready to pay.
6.   Please note that most of my items are in used, pre-owned condition. I have tried to be as accurate as I can about the condition. Any questions, just ask.

For members outside the USA: My apologies, I do not normally sell to people outside the USA. However, I do want to make it possible for you to participate. If you really wish to purchase something you see on my eBay store, please contact me personally and let me know your offer privately. If no one else has a higher offer within 12 hours, I will announce that I am removing that listing, and I will allow you to send me payment through Paypal. CANADA people, see # 6 especially. Having said that, here are the additional rules for non-USA purchasers:

1.   You will need to be patient with me, because it has been a long time since I have sent any package outside the USA. I have done it in the past, but it’s been a while. I will be sure to make it work if it at all possible.
2.   It is your responsibility to know and understand the knife laws, and customs and package receiving laws and procedures for your country and locality. I cannot become an expert on how things work in your country, so you need to determine whether the item you wish to purchase is legal, and can be shipped to you.
3.   You need to help me choose a shipping method and carrier that is acceptable to you. My three carriers I can use are the USPS (United States Postal Service), UPS, and FedEx.
4.   You need to be willing to pay every part of the cost of shipping and receiving your product. That includes shipping cost, plus any and all taxes, fees, duties, penalties, surcharges, etc. that may be required in order for you to receive the package. I will need to find out what it will cost me to ship, and give you a total amount before you pay.
5.   At this point, I believe I am only able to receive payment by PayPal. If you can’t use PayPal, I’m not sure how else to receive your payment.
6.   For people in CANADA, I am going to try to use the eBay system, but I currently don’t have it set up that way. If you live in Canada, and want to buy or make an offer on an item, please contact me about that item, and I will see about revising it to allow sale to Canada through eBay. However, if there are outstanding offers on the item, it won’t let me revise it while offers are out there. All the other rules still apply.

It’s possible I may have to revise these rules as we go along. I hope not.

Thanks. Happy shopping!
Jim

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: The Great Declaration Knife Works sale event!
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 12:11:46 AM
Best of luck with your sales !  :cheers:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 12:15:16 AM
Best of luck with your sales !  :cheers:

Thanks, Steve! I ran into phone trouble today, and haven't been able to list as many items today as I wanted to, but I will continue to put them out there as soon and as often as I am able! I know I have a good bunch more to put on there.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline pipedreams

• Improvisational Engineer
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 03:08:22 AM
Very cool, Jim.
-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 03:24:44 AM
Hope you do well :salute: Thanks for donating the 10% to MTO as well :cheers: :like:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 03:31:32 AM
Very cool, Jim.

Thanks!  :D

Hope you do well :salute: Thanks for donating the 10% to MTO as well :cheers: :like:

You bet. Been wanting to do this for a couple months, just been trying to get my ducks lined up.  8)

Today, when I was already planning to launch this project, my phone died, and I've been struggling with learning how to desmurf my new phone to where it will act properly.

Got a few more auctions loaded today, bear with me, there'll be more added, Lord willing.

au Online Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 06:33:00 AM
Good one Jim :like:

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 12:35:49 PM
Where's the link to your sale? I've post here for a long time, but never purchased anything?
Thanks
Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 01:27:23 PM
Where's the link to your sale? I've post here for a long time, but never purchased anything?
Thanks
Rich

https://www.ebay.com/str/declarationknifeworks

The instructions are in the initial post.

Thanks!

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 01:44:44 PM
Well, I have an offer on this particular knife, but the individual has not identified themselves to me as a Forum member, and may be an innocent member of the general public, unaware of MTO. I sent him a message asking him. Remember, if you make an offer or purchase, please let me know if you're a Forum member, both so I know to make my donation, and also to give you possible consideration over the "general public" in your offers, etc.  ;)

It's an older slide lock Adventurer, btw.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 01:49:51 PM by Jim the Brave »

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 03:00:13 PM
Well, I have an offer on this particular knife, but the individual has not identified themselves to me as a Forum member, and may be an innocent member of the general public, unaware of MTO. I sent him a message asking him. Remember, if you make an offer or purchase, please let me know if you're a Forum member, both so I know to make my donation, and also to give you possible consideration over the "general public" in your offers, etc.  ;)

It's an older slide lock Adventurer, btw.

Well, this was a hot item! Somebody else just purchased it at full price. But I haven't heard yet whether this person is a MTO member, either.

BTW, I am slowly getting some of the items opened up for overseas sales, particularly to Canada, Europe, and Australia. So keep checking!

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 07:13:21 PM
Nice one Jim!
Even though the European shipping will probably take me out of the running I’ll enjoy having a peek at your stuff.
Great idea for a forum fundraiser.
We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 09:59:57 PM
Nice one Jim!
Even though the European shipping will probably take me out of the running I’ll enjoy having a peek at your stuff.
Great idea for a forum fundraiser.

Thanks, Jud, please let me know whether eBay lets you view my stuff, and how many items you see. I have made some of them available to Europe, but I need to go through and revise the listings to make more of them available.
Jim

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 10:49:31 PM
Thanks, Jud, please let me know whether eBay lets you view my stuff, and how many items you see. I have made some of them available to Europe, but I need to go through and revise the listings to make more of them available.
Jim
I’m seeing only 6 knives. I’ve attached a photo of what I’m looking at. Let me know if you need anything else.
We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 06:03:29 AM
I’m seeing only 6 knives. I’ve attached a photo of what I’m looking at. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks! That answers my question. I'll try to revise some more to be purchasable in Europe, along with Canada and Australia.

Jim

Meanwhile, I just added this one tonight:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193996586584

Remember, you are supposed to make offers! I don't expect you all to pay full price.

Jim  :cheers:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 07:35:50 AM
All right, all y'all. Because I'm an overachiever, I sat up half the night and revised all the knife listings to accommodate viewing (and even purchase!) by people from Europe, Australia, and Canadia. Everything relevant should be showing now.  :D

Maybe now I'll be able to get back to listing new stuff.  ;)

Here's the link again.

Remember you can save a ton of shipping costs by making multiple purchases. I'm also likely to consider accepting lower offers if you've already bought an item or two.  8)

:salute:

au Online Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 08:21:39 AM
Good work mate, can confirm about 30 items showing in both browser and eBay app :tu:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 02:29:11 PM
Good work mate, can confirm about 30 items showing in both browser and eBay app :tu:

There! That actually accounts for most of our frequent contributors being able to participate. USA, Canada, Europe / UK, and Australia.

Now remember:

1. Make offers. The prices are a little bit high to keep the general public from scarfing them all up before you get a chance to look at them.
2. Combined shipping is your friend. If you buy enough stuff, it'll be worth the shipping cost!

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 03:46:02 PM
There! That actually accounts for most of our frequent contributors being able to participate. USA, Canada, Europe / UK, and Australia.

Now remember:

1. Make offers. The prices are a little bit high to keep the general public from scarfing them all up before you get a chance to look at them.
2. Combined shipping is your friend. If you buy enough stuff, it'll be worth the shipping cost!

I will accept offers of at least 20% off of any item I have listed. Most, I would accept 30% and some even more. So don't be shy!

Plus, for US buyers, if you show me one in similar condition on eBay for less,* I will definitely go at least 10% below what the other guy/gal has, including shipping!

*On a "Buy-it-Now" item.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: March 27, 2021, 07:19:22 PM
Was it one of you who bought the Huntsman just now? The buyer didn't answer whether they were a member or not....

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 12:41:58 AM
Well, we're moving right along. We have an offer on this item:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193989405439

The offer will be held until 7AM EST or sometime shortly thereafter, to give anyone else a chance to make an offer. However, the current offer will be accepted if nobody else steps up.  :D And I can say I will be tickled to send it to its new owner.  :cheers:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 03:17:13 PM
Well, we've only got a couple days left. I've been dealing with packing and cleaning in anticipation of moving in the next few weeks, and haven't managed to toss as many new items on as I would like, but I did list several low name and no name multi-tools yesterday, and I hope to post more stuff soon. I certainly have more to add. I also have a lot of the common Victorinox 91mm models (Spartan, Tinker, Super Tinker, Climber) that I don't bother listing multiples of if I have one essentially the same up there already. So if you've been wanting to pick up an extra, make me an offer, I have plenty of them on hand.

I haven't decided for sure whether to continue on for another week....paying another $10....but if sales pick up a little, I will certainly keep it up!

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 06:50:01 AM
Well, y'all, it's been an extremely busy day. I got in another batch of knives and multi-tools, including some name brands this time....highlight being a Leatherman Wingman. I wanted to get some of it listed and on here tonight, but my friend in Myanmar was needing my help and I had to spend some time dealing with his situation (they are in a civil war / military coup there, and would appreciate prayers for their safety and daily needs to be met). Thankfully I was able to get him some help, and I pray his situation improves.

Anyhow, it's late, and I haven't gotten to bed yet. I think I will probably go for a second week on here....I have a lot more I want to list, but haven't had the time to get it all up and on there.

Please remember to identify yourself as a forum member if you purchase from me or make an offer. You can send me a message either through eBay or through MTO to let me know.

Thanks.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: March 31, 2021, 07:17:06 PM
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and renew my auctioneer badge tonight, because I have several things I haven't been able to get listed, and plus, the "motherload" box arrived today and boy does it have some goodies in it.

Life has gotten in the way on my end of things, and I regret not getting some of the more desirable things listed yet, including several more SAK and Gerber products and three Leathermans. That does not even count what came today. I haven't even opened the box yet....

Jim

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: March 31, 2021, 09:16:28 PM
There, I got a Micra, a Rambler, and a second Classic SD on there (cheaper than the other one).

More later, if possible.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: April 01, 2021, 02:51:29 AM
 :woohoo:
I renewed my auctioneer subscription for another week.

And another very big box showed up today.....

Posting more as I get a chance.

Just posted a USMC assisted knife....you know, the kind they give out for promo purposes. Will keep going shortly, but dealing with moving issues.....
IMG_20210331_131825506.jpg
* IMG_20210331_131825506.jpg (Filesize: 493.11 KB)

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 08:45:40 AM
Ok, seriously, I got some nice stuff posted tonight...well, especially the Leatherman Wingman. Also a Squirt PS4 and a Micra, and a Gerber Dime and a Victorinox Recruit, among other things. I have a lot more to add, but I hope this will get you started. Remember, make offers. I haven't turned down a serious offer from a Forum member yet.  :angel:  And don't forget, combined shipping is your friend.  :tu:

:climber:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 05:28:02 PM
Recently got these posted for sale....
IMG_20210401_004507742.jpg
* IMG_20210401_004507742.jpg (Filesize: 84.65 KB)
IMG_20210401_015701394_MP.jpg
* IMG_20210401_015701394_MP.jpg (Filesize: 468.12 KB)

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: April 01, 2021, 05:29:22 PM
And this will be listed as soon as I can manage. But I have to go to work....
IMG_20210401_112038171.jpg
* IMG_20210401_112038171.jpg (Filesize: 465.83 KB)

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: April 06, 2021, 05:01:21 AM
Ok, all y'all, I am going to wrap it up shortly for now (ie, Wednesday, I believe will be the last day of the event). My eBay store, of course, will still be live after that.

I currently have an offer on the Leatherman Wingman, so if anybody wants one and wants to make another offer on it, you better be quick.  :D Be sure to identify yourself as a member. I will take much lower offers from members than from those who do not id themselves as such.  8)

I plan to put a few more things on in the next 36 hours, so check back in!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%