Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Metal 3D Puzzles.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Metal 3D Puzzles.
on: March 16, 2022, 01:24:53 AM
I was at a local shop that has been open for 2 years, but never bothered to stop in as it looks like an ice cream parlor on the outside. I just recently found out they are a gift shop. I found a few 3D metal puzzles which are not usually found hereabouts except for Christmas time. Best part, they were only 5 dollars as the owner had no idea what puzzles he had in stock. They are not Metal Earth but some sort of Chinese knock off. For 5 bucks a piece, I am willing to give them a try. The owner at first was a bit clueless and gave me 3 of the same. I was at least savvy enough to look at the serial numbers and selected 1 of each different serial number that he had in stock. I didn't know what I had until I got home.

20220315_195115A by Chako, on Flickr

20220315_195250A by Chako, on Flickr

20220315_195340A by Chako, on Flickr

20220315_195432A by Chako, on Flickr

20220315_195522A by Chako, on Flickr

20220315_195620A by Chako, on Flickr

20220315_195657A by Chako, on Flickr

This should keep me busy for a while.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Metal 3D Puzzles.
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 01:58:44 AM
Have fun! There a little tricky, you can’t keep folding them because there so thin, if you do they’ll just break apart, I majored in hvac doing sheet metal fabrication, and I love models but hate painting the dang things, so when I saw these I was like wow! Yeah metal earth are the high end, but there are other knock offs, I did get 8 Star Wars modes for like $50 but again they were all knock offs, the diff :dunno: pretty much the same, the only thing I really noticed was was a little harder to use the cutters to snip off how the pieces are connected,
If you have any questions don’t hesitate, here’s a pic of my display shelf, what I still have to do, and what the Mrs got me for my bday last week she went on a Batman kick,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 05:10:51 AM
You sure have added a lot since last time you posted.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 02:00:05 PM
And I have a lot to go! I think I’ve only done one since Xmas when I got most of them,, the Mrs is just oh let’s do this, oh we have this to do, or you know you need to do this today, although she’s going to a friends tonight for a book party, maybe I’ll build one then, although that also means a few hours of total peace and quiet, maybe a good movie :dunno:
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 05:27:11 PM
I love models but hate painting the dang things...
Painting them doesn't bother me...anymore, paying for the paint does. That stuff has gotten expensive!

I completed the 747 a while back and set it on the shelf...only to have one of the cats knock the shelf from its brackets. Yup, the model became a bent and twisted mess. Good thing I postponed construction of the lighthouse.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 05:58:25 PM
Well the Mrs isn’t going to her book party cause it was canceled, but she said to work on one of your models that she was going to do something so I think I’m going to work on the minion one,, but to top that off, while out on our walk earlier, I said something about having the three Batmobiles and that the batsignal would be cool if I could modify it by putting like a led or something in the back of it and put it on the top shelf so it maybe hits the ceiling? So the Mrs was like ok, I order it :woohoo:
JR

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 07:23:17 PM
You sure have added a lot since last time you posted.  :tu:

Dude, JR has got about 4x as much models as you!

:pok: :pok:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 09:57:27 PM
Just finished this one,, hey Kev just for you, lol..
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%