Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Time for Victorinox to come up with a SAK with a nose hair trimmer

00 Offline SgtTowser

SpaceX and NASA are on track to send men (and women) to the moon and mars. Shirley Coronach can’t build a SAK with a nose hair trimmer.

us Offline Ike582

When I was younger I would have thought you were joking.  As I'm a few months away from 60, consider me highly interested.
Ike

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
When I was younger I would have thought you were joking.  As I'm a few months away from 60, consider me highly interested.

:think:  :o  :rofl:

Listen. I'm pretty sure they already do make one. The 58mm scissors work quite well for that.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Everyone knows the proper SAK for nose hair management is the Deluxe Tinker:  tweezers, scissors, & pliers.

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Rambler

us Offline Ike582

Listen. I'm pretty sure they already do make one. The 58mm scissors work quite well for that.

You are right!
Ike

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Everyone knows the proper SAK for nose hair management is the Deluxe Tinker:  tweezers, scissors, & pliers.

Vic pliers are essential for quick nose hair removal, as they can grab and remove many hairs at once. Keep a tissue handy to wipe the tears from your eyes after! :ahhh
Rambler

00 Offline SgtTowser

00 Offline SgtTowser

Vic pliers are essential for quick nose hair removal, as they can grab and remove many hairs at once. Keep a tissue handy to wipe the tears from your eyes after! :ahhh

LOL again!

00 Offline SgtTowser

You are right!

I have cut my nose with 58s so many times in motel and hotel rooms the night before important meetings that that is exactly why I posted this.

Scissors do NOT belong up a nose!!!!!

00 Offline SgtTowser

And I wish to apologize to all for the voice translator’s interpretation of my dictation on my phone. I just reread it and it appears as if I were half in the bag from the grape. Alas, I cannot figure out how to edit my first post when the modify link goes away.

But back to the nose trimmer plea to Victorinox—the older you get the more hair in more places there is that needs trimming. Scissors are a menace to your thin skin in your nose and on the trailing edges of your ears. Scissors are okay for eye brows. But seriously, a nose trimmer ought to be easier than a nail clipper, if they went with a spring driven, rotary trimmer tube. I am not begging for an electric device based on nano technology, though that would be preferable. This can be done,Victorinox. And human appearance and hygiene and would improve rapidly. Really, I just don’t want to die of a thousand tiny cuts any longer.

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
It's a somewhat depressing topic, but suffice to say that from own experience I can confirm - and I am sure most of you can as well - that if handled adeptly, Vic scissors can safely cope with any hair coming out of any part of the human body. 'nuff said.

By the way, I never heard of Shirley Coronach and wouldn't know why she is to blame for your untamed nose hair problem. Is she the person in charge of Vic's R&D department?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 08:25:52 AM by Simon_Templar »

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
By the way, I never heard of Shirley Coronach and wouldn't know why she is to blame for your untamed nose hair problem. Is she the person in charge of Vic's R&D department?
She's in charge of the world nose hair supply.

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
She's in charge of the world nose hair supply.

Well, then it's not really surprising she won't build a SAK with a nose hair trimmer, is it? Think, SgtTowser, think!  :twak:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
As some have said, using scissors up your nose may be dangerous if used inexpertly.
The alternative is using tweezers or pliers - but I hear there are warnings against doing this, as you then damage hair follicles and make them susceptible of contracting infections, with attendant collateral horror stories of blood poisoning etc.

In short: bring on the hair trimmer! :gimme:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
I have cut my nose with 58s so many times in motel and hotel rooms the night before important meetings that that is exactly why I posted this.

Scissors do NOT belong up a nose!!!!!

Hmm. I learned something new. I must have a different model of nose, because small scissors work marvelously for me.

You do know it's acceptable to have some nose hairs, right? They just theoretically ought not to be showing in plain sight.  :dunno:
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

00 Offline SgtTowser

Well, clearly Victorinox market research has read the market correctly based on the overwhelming anecdotal consensus in favor of scissors!

NOW my only hope for a nose trimmer in a SAK is to convince Victorinox to survey women in charge of household discretionary spending!

No, I just won’t do that to my fellow men.

Okay, okay, I give! No, nose hair trimmer in a SAK!

😀

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Well, clearly Victorinox market research has read the market correctly based on the overwhelming anecdotal consensus in favor of scissors!

NOW my only hope for a nose trimmer in a SAK is to convince Victorinox to survey women in charge of household discretionary spending!

No, I just won’t do that to my fellow men.

Okay, okay, I give! No, nose hair trimmer in a SAK!

😀

Now as a mod, it might be a thing....

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club

This!

Somehow over the past 40 years, my nose hair, ear hair, and other stray hairs have been felt with using the mighty 58m scissors, The only time there was a problem, we were out in the woods, and my wife said I  had some hairs sticking out my ear.. She took out her yellow classic and started trimming me up while I sat on a log. There was a very sharp stab of pain, and my ear was bleeding. I should've made sure she had her reading glasses on, but I didn't think of it. She snipped that little divot thing in the middle of the ear and it bled like a stuck pig for 20 minutes while I held a crumpled up paper towel from my pocket on it.  :o

Now, I ALWAYS make sure she has her close up glasses on when she trims me up! :pok:
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Words to live by!!   :iagree:
Barry

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
This thread should come with a warning notice: Don't read if you are just about to eat something.  :P

00 Offline SgtTowser

OK people, I slept on it. I tried the 58 mm scissors yet again In case I had lapsed into pandemic derangement syndrome. NOT! Now hear this, Victorinox, middle-aged and old gentlemen desperately need nose hair trimmers in their SAKs. That is all.

😂

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
SpaceX and NASA are on track to send men (and women) to the moon and mars. Shirley Coronach can’t build a SAK with a nose hair trimmer.

Man up and use some pliers !  :viking:

00 Offline SgtTowser

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
They have such a model and it's been around for quite some time...

https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Butane+Lighter

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
I know this sounds krazy, but you can buy a nose hair trimmer, keep it in the bathroom cabinet, and you don't have to carry it around in your pocket all day.  Weird, I know.

"Youse people don't need to carry around no nose hair trimmer in your pocket!"

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Better yet, grow a moustache, and nobody will realize you have nose hairs.

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Tweezers (preferably proper ones rather than SAK ones) for me, followed by a bout of sneezing.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%