Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

VOLADOR

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
VOLADOR
on: March 23, 2021, 12:32:22 AM
Anyone heard of Volador ? Came across the brand on amazon while looking for a dive torch for my daughter for her birthday, doeesnt seem to be a lot of info on them out there so, here i am  :D
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: VOLADOR
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:11:40 AM
I have never heard of them but Amazon.com has some reviews on them https://www.amazon.com/VOLADOR-1080Lumens-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Underwater/dp/B07VX5TX1C

Be careful with reviews, depending on the type of diving you want to do- snorkeling will have different requirements than scuba diving and scuba diving at 3m is different than at 20 or 40m.
Many regular lights (olight, nitecore etc.) are waterproof to 2m but are not suitable for diving.

I have successfully used Archon lights and Xtar as well as the typical plastic yellow body ones diving. They are all reasonably cheap and you get what you pay for. As long as you maintain the seals they will all work. If you get salt water in them they will die so never spend more than you can afford to lose.

Archons https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,35523.msg1605556.html#msg1605556   more in that thread.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Re: VOLADOR
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 11:22:32 AM
I forgot that you dive  :) looking for something cheap (50 - 60 €), she can upgrade her kit in the years to come. At the moment i don't think she's going much beyond 20 - 30 metres currently open water but that will change I'm sure.

I'll check out those Archon and Xtar lights, thanks.

:tu:
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69