Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

GOAT Tools

Swiss Guy · 154 · 16866

us Offline Swiss Guy

GOAT Tools
on: April 02, 2021, 03:50:59 AM
A new modular multi-tool coming soon. I'm pretty excited about this one.

From the website:

Based on the same concept as other multi-tools on the market, the approach is much different.

Instead of giving you 15 different models to choose from, GOAT Tools gives you 1 base multi-tool which you then turn into the exact toolset you want or need by selecting your preferred attachments.

https://www.goattools.com/
The right tool is the one you have on you

Offline gadgetman7

Re: GOAT Tools
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 04:29:34 AM
I’ve been waiting on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 04:45:57 AM
I am pretty excited about this one as well. I even put some suggestions in on the thread in the R&D subforum.

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 04:51:19 AM
Is there a release date yet?  :popcorn:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 04:52:46 AM
This looks sweet.  I love the idea of easy adaptability.  Really looking forward to seeing what the tool list looks like.  It looks like one might be a standard 1/4” hex bit driver.

au Offline Echotech

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 05:19:23 AM
Great concept :like:
Not sure about the size of the finger pull holes in the blades and saw though, looks like it would weaken their integrity somewhat :dunno:

ca Offline holder228

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 06:27:21 AM
Personally, I think that the concept is sound. I've been looking at the 3D models that the creator has been putting out and they look Interesting. The only problem I find is that the actual prototypes that I'm seen on their social media don't look nearly as far along as I think they should be for an April 7th kickstarter. It seems a little rushed in my opinion. I have yet to see the prices on anything yet, but I think they could use a little more RnD and polishing before launching.   

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 07:31:06 AM
Arhhh yeah nar... 30 seconds on that site and I have little to no interest of paying for it.

Silly leverage on the scissors, wire cutters, pocket clip, general ergos, thumb holes... the list goes on and on.

I respect peeps doing their thing and get that I'm not putting my work out there, the above is just my 2c.

us Offline PeaceInOurTime

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 09:16:21 AM
Just saw their youtube clip and came here to see if anyone had posted about it. Love the idea, hope it meets expectations. I'm still waiting for reviews of the Toler Union.

Goat Tool:

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 09:30:45 AM
Wow, this looks pretty cool  :drool:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 09:34:38 AM
It makes me sad that a poorly thought-out design like the Septimo was produced by CRKT, when there is such innovation around, like the GOAT tools. That looks great. I do not like the thumbholes leaving so little material at the spine, it makes the tools look inherently weak. Still, the design and idea are solid. Hopefully this will take off. I would not mind getting my hands on one. :like:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 12:10:08 PM
Arhhh yeah nar... 30 seconds on that site and I have little to no interest of paying for it.

Silly leverage on the scissors, wire cutters, pocket clip, general ergos, thumb holes... the list goes on and on.

I respect peeps doing their thing and get that I'm not putting my work out there, the above is just my 2c.

Sadly I have to agree with Zoid here.
Also, the promo video doesn't help to convince me otherwise  ::)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 12:20:01 PM
Different and interesting :like: :like: I do have a wee bit of a problem with how the holes in the blades are positioned and perhaps weaken the blade :ahhh Just hoping that this isn't a problem and that the tools that can be customized in are quality :salute: :like:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 01:36:27 PM
Several tools in the past have had similar approaches.  This looks like the child of a Havalon and Coleman Prolock union with the Quirky Switch as the doula.

Interesting, but not yet refined enough to make me want to buy it.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 02:05:26 PM
Hmm those tools locking look like Free series

Only Tools Matters

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 03:17:23 PM
I like the sounds of this.   :like: :like:
Barry

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 03:32:09 PM
Also to add, we already do this. We take multi-tools we like and change stuff around to make them suit our needs better. Many people wished manufacturers offer such customization options.
We need this kind of innovation. Offering a good multi-tool is not good enough anymore. I sincerely hope GOAT is here to stay.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 03:42:00 PM
Me too RP.  The market has grown stale IMO.   It's nice to see something new!
Barry

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
 :iagree: Not surprising if their first attempt at an MT would not be perfect, but if they sell enough to stick around, they might be able to improve  :tu:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 04:04:51 PM

:iagree:

Too many little things that bother me, the thumb holes being a big no-no for me.

I went for two hand opening Victorinox 130mm  Rangers because the thumb hole on the OHO versions looked as if it weakened the blade too much in my opinion, and this is just way, way worse...

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 05:37:21 PM
I wish the manufacturer luck in this venture, but I have no patience for this sort of thing myself. For me having too many choices is frustrating, overwhelming, and annoying.  I'll go to a restaurant that has a 50 page menu and I'll find something on the first page because I don't want to be bothered to read the rest of it.  If I saw this GOAT in a display case next to a SuperTool 300 my choice would be fast and easy.  :cheers:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 06:19:25 PM
Concept:  A

Design:  D

Execution:  ???, but not holding my breath

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 08:42:57 PM
Great concept :like:
Not sure about the size of the finger pull holes in the blades and saw though, looks like it would weaken their integrity somewhat :dunno:

Was looking at the site and that same thought crossed my mind.

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 08:49:34 PM
:iagree: Not surprising if their first attempt at an MT would not be perfect, but if they sell enough to stick around, they might be able to improve  :tu:

The concept is solid, let's hope they listen to customers and refine/improve their components.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 08:53:28 PM
Another thing that just came to mind: you can choose what tools/components to put in it, but the dimensions are always the same. It doesn't get thinner if you leave some tools out and it can't get fatter if you want to carry awl of the components at once. There's a fixed number of slots, from what I see in the video.

So, for that reason, I'm out. Maybe another Dragon will have an interest in it.

8) 8)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #25 on: April 03, 2021, 09:48:44 AM
Several tools in the past have had similar approaches.  This looks like the child of a Havalon and Coleman Prolock union with the Quirky Switch as the doula.

That's what I was thinking.

It seems like a good idea, but the pictures and video have me a little worried.  I hope the final product is good.  But just in case it sucks, I'm still working on perfecting my Prolock.  :D

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 09:59:23 AM
I like your Prolock modifications King_Gorilla  :tu:

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 08:47:14 AM
I like your Prolock modifications King_Gorilla  :tu:

Thank you.  It is a project that I had to put on the back burner because I haven't had access to a welder in about a year.  :(

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: April 05, 2021, 02:06:50 AM
I've been talking to the creator of the Goats tool since early 2020. Like you guys I was a little skeptical of this becoming a real product. However, I really hoped it would come to pass. A few months ago I got back in touch with him and was shocked to find out that he had taken major steps to making this thing a reality. Many of the company related logistical issues he has been working on addressing in preparation for this campaign. Like you guys I feel battered and abused by multitool companies taking advantage of our thirst for something new, all the while doing half ass'd iterations of what we really want.

I don't know how this is going to turn out but I do have hope. I will be doing an interview with the creator some time in the middle of the month, I have a lot of questions as I am sure all of you do as well. I have major issues with many of the implements but I take that with a grain of salt. Only the frame really matters at this point, and my discussions with him indicate there will be major changes where the inserts are concerned.

SOME SPOILED INFO SO FAR:

Kckstarter base pricing : under $100

MSRP will be in the $130-140 range

the actual shape of the implements will be OPEN SOURCE! meaning the company will provide all information necessary for makers to create implements for the tool.

As I find out more I can share I will.

Cheers.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #29 on: April 05, 2021, 06:16:34 AM
Thanks! :popcorn:
I am looking forward to the interview, and seeing GOAT tools evolve.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%