Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

GOAT Tools

Swiss Guy · 154 · 16868

Offline gadgetman7

Re: GOAT Tools
Reply #90 on: February 24, 2022, 05:20:14 PM
This looks fantastic. I’m really glad I backed you on Kickstarter. Will you have any extra? I’d probably want two of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #91 on: February 24, 2022, 05:25:28 PM
This looks fantastic. I’m really glad I backed you on Kickstarter. Will you have any extra? I’d probably want two of them.

:iagree: Can't wait to get mine (also agree about a spare  :tu:)
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline GOAT Tools

• Custom & Modular
Reply #92 on: February 24, 2022, 06:19:35 PM

We will definitely continue producing these, as well as adding new modules & tools! If you backed on Kickstarter you can still update your pledge via BackerKit.
Gentlemen of All Trades
www.GOAT.tools

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #93 on: February 24, 2022, 06:29:29 PM
GOAT, you need to re- up your paid subscription if you want to continue to have links to your product. I sent you messages a while back but you didn't respond. We can't allow you to advertise for free on the forum as it's not fair to other paying members.

us Offline GOAT Tools

• Custom & Modular
Reply #94 on: February 24, 2022, 10:40:33 PM
GOAT, you need to re- up your paid subscription if you want to continue to have links to your product. I sent you messages a while back but you didn't respond. We can't allow you to advertise for free on the forum as it's not fair to other paying members.

Renewed! Sorry for the lapse.
Gentlemen of All Trades
www.GOAT.tools

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #95 on: February 24, 2022, 10:45:42 PM
 :tu:  Thanks for supporting the forum !

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #96 on: February 24, 2022, 11:30:13 PM
GOAT/Micheal O'Donnell this tool is sweet  :tu:.   I seriously wish you the very best and cannot wait for these to hit the streets.  Thank you for your service  :salute:.  Thank you for supporting the forum and for being on MTO. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline GOAT Tools

• Custom & Modular
Reply #97 on: March 30, 2022, 04:00:47 AM
UPDATE & UPGRADES:

The upgraded scissors have already been revealed!

The pliers are now spring-loaded (Everyone involved in testing refused to go back to regular pliers after testing the spring-loaded upgraded ones!)

The S30v blades are all being upgraded to S35vn! (It's an even better steel)

The sheath has been updated with elastic pockets/sleeves internally and externally for spart tools and accessories. We listened to your requests :)

All of these upgrades are at no extra cost to you! We are taking care of the extra costs ourselves as an act of good faith and a 'Thank You' for standing with us through these global delays.
Gentlemen of All Trades
www.GOAT.tools

us Offline carl

Reply #98 on: May 04, 2022, 10:52:30 AM
Here is the latest video showing off their new titanium scales with laser-cut logo and hobby blade with replaceable blade,  So nice!!!!

Note:  The video thumbnail also shows their beautiful and interchangeable brass scales!  Awesome!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #99 on: May 04, 2022, 11:50:04 AM
Looking better and better! :like:

us Offline carl

Reply #100 on: May 05, 2022, 10:57:48 AM
A closeup view of the bit holder shows it can hold a double-ended bit.  If you freeze-frame the vid toward the start as the tool is flipped over, you will see a larger phillips bit in the holder and a smaller phillips seen through the arrow-shaped hole in the bit holder on the opposite end.  Good feature. 

They have also added an S35VN main blade as an option.  A great top-end stainless steel.  You won't find this on any other MT.

This tool is looking like it has many many features we have been asking for and things like custom scales which we never asked for because we didn't think it was feasible. 

I can hardly wait for a full review by an end-user.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 11:03:43 AM by carl »

us Offline GOAT Tools

• Custom & Modular
Reply #101 on: May 05, 2022, 04:28:09 PM
A closeup view of the bit holder shows it can hold a double-ended bit.  If you freeze-frame the vid toward the start as the tool is flipped over, you will see a larger phillips bit in the holder and a smaller phillips seen through the arrow-shaped hole in the bit holder on the opposite end.  Good feature. 

I was wondering if someone was going to notice that 😉 I was testing a Wiha bit after someone asked if they fit. #1 & #2 Phillips confirmed, can't gaurantee every double ended bit will fit.

Leatherman bits also fit. I specifically designed a deeper center slot for those.
Gentlemen of All Trades
www.GOAT.tools

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #102 on: May 05, 2022, 10:45:16 PM
Here is the latest video showing off their new titanium scales with laser-cut logo and hobby blade with replaceable blade,  So nice!!!!

Note:  The video thumbnail also shows their beautiful and interchangeable brass scales!  Awesome!

That is really neat, there is nothing comparable out there. Gotta watch the rest of the videos  :popcorn:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #103 on: May 06, 2022, 04:11:50 AM
 :tu: GOAT coming on strong. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #104 on: May 06, 2022, 05:03:10 PM
 :iagree: :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline carl

Reply #105 on: May 18, 2022, 07:38:32 AM
A closer look at the Facebook still photo of the 2 tools (brass and titanium-scaled tools standing on-end with open hobby blade) shows there are several differences between the 2 tools:

1)  The locking feature for the implements are significantly shorter (lengthwise) on the brass-scaled tool when compared to the titanium-scaled tool.  This is visible at the midline of each tool toward the top (side opposite the plier end).
2)  The thumb hole is larger on the black hobby blade when compared to the bare-stainless version.
3)  The necked-down portion is longer on the black hobby blade when compared to the bare-stainless version.

The 2 different lengths for the locking feature are very interesting.  I assume the length determines the pressure placed on the implements (longer = less pressure, shorter = more pressure).

This shows the various designs the Goat Team are considering at the moment.   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:52:38 AM by carl »

us Offline GOAT Tools

• Custom & Modular
Reply #106 on: May 18, 2022, 05:06:52 PM
Very keen eye!

Although we are using a variety of designs that survived testing for product photos, the multitool design has been finalized.

1. Correct! The sand blasted with brass scales is an older design handle. The locking leaf spring was too tight, causing pieces to be difficult to open, and even more difficult to unlock using the remaining tools to disengage.

2. Thumb hole is actually the same size! However the black one has a beveled edge. We removed the bevel because it was difficult to get a good purchase & open the outer tools.

3. The longer neck of the black oxide hobby blade holder was a multi part solution to keeping the blade compression plate on the tool while replacing blades.

That's just the improvements you saw in 1 photo, imagine how many more there have been!  :D
Gentlemen of All Trades
www.GOAT.tools

us Offline carl

Reply #107 on: May 24, 2022, 10:04:26 PM
Latest GOAT video: A closer look at the bit driver using commonly available bit types (full-size, flat, double-ended, single-ended, extended, etc.) and its centered position within the multitool for best ergonomics. 

This addresses the problem of off-center bit drivers seen on most other brands of multitools and are clumsy to use so I'm glad to see GOAT has listened to us and fixed this issue.
Also, no more proprietary bits!  We can now use more bit brands which we already have in our tool collection.  Nice!
The versatility and positioning of this bit driver is a great design and comes with their basic package.

The bit driver is 8mm thick so it takes up the space of four regular-thickness 2mm implements (all implements - whether short and long - are 2mm thick). 
The total space available on each side of the multitool is 12mm.

The thumbnail of the video below shows the multitool with the optional titanium scales.  Looks great!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:43:40 PM by carl »

us Offline carl

Reply #108 on: May 29, 2022, 07:15:49 AM
The torsional (twisting) forces generated (in the multitool handle) while using the bit driver are 'channeled' through the slimmed-down thumb cutout portion of the handle which contains the bit driver. 

Question:  Will this result in excess flexing of the multitool handle while tightening down a screw?
The same rationale would apply to the multitool handle which contains the large flat blade screwdriver. 

This may be a good practical reason to attach the optional titanium scales for added rigidity and strength.   

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 07:27:51 AM by carl »

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: May 30, 2022, 08:57:18 AM
Interesting take... the twist would be counteracted somehow by the pivot heads not allowing too much axial give, but whether that's enough? :think:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline carl

Reply #110 on: May 31, 2022, 10:09:57 AM
I'm assuming any add-on which can counteract the flex in the twisting direction needs to be fixed at both ends of the multitool - such as the scales which are fixed at both ends by the pivot screws.

That said, a multitool is only meant to do light duty so if a lot of force is required for a particular job, its time to use a dedicated tool; e.g. a full-size screwdriver.

us Offline carl

Reply #111 on: June 02, 2022, 05:09:49 AM
Latest Schedule Update:  The completion of the initial 200 multitool units are scheduled to be finished by the end of July 2022.

If all looks good with these 200 units, they will be the first ones sent out to the early adopters.   

We're getting close people!

Finally, a multitool where the user doesn't need to worry about bending or breaking an implement, which can be easily and cheaply replaced.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: June 02, 2022, 08:38:17 AM
Indeed. Can't wait to get my grubby fingers on one  :drool:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline GOAT Tools

• Custom & Modular
Reply #113 on: June 06, 2022, 02:00:28 AM
The torsional (twisting) forces generated (in the multitool handle) while using the bit driver are 'channeled' through the slimmed-down thumb cutout portion of the handle which contains the bit driver. 

Question:  Will this result in excess flexing of the multitool handle while tightening down a screw?
The same rationale would apply to the multitool handle which contains the large flat blade screwdriver. 

This may be a good practical reason to attach the optional titanium scales for added rigidity and strength.   

Interesting take... the twist would be counteracted somehow by the pivot heads not allowing too much axial give, but whether that's enough? :think:

Just threw one of the multi-tools in a vice with a 1/4" hex in the bit driver. Connected a 1/4" socket to my torque wrench, started wrenching, and it easily got over 80in/lbs. The handle holding the bit twists slightly, but goes right back to where it was. Out of curiosity, I did the same test with my old Wave and it acted the same.

Gentlemen of All Trades
www.GOAT.tools

us Offline carl

Reply #114 on: August 09, 2022, 07:12:11 PM
Here is the latest GOAT video showing the sheath in vertical and horizontal carry positions:

us Offline carl

Reply #115 on: August 09, 2022, 07:15:04 PM
Just threw one of the multi-tools in a vice with a 1/4" hex in the bit driver. Connected a 1/4" socket to my torque wrench, started wrenching, and it easily got over 80in/lbs. The handle holding the bit twists slightly, but goes right back to where it was. Out of curiosity, I did the same test with my old Wave and it acted the same.

Good enough.  Are you one of the engineers of the GOAT Tool?
If so, do you have any updates?

us Offline carl

Reply #116 on: October 10, 2022, 10:08:49 PM
The GOAT Tools website is in the beginning stages, showing some prices and tool blank/handle scale templates:

https://goat-tools.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #117 on: October 13, 2022, 02:07:08 AM
If those prices are for real...Leatherman, Gerber, and Sog are all in Big Trouble. It all rests on GOAT to deliver on a quality product. If they do, this is going to be a major shakeup in the market. Also did anyone else notice the 100 year warranty??

us Offline tommywp

Reply #118 on: October 14, 2022, 05:20:53 PM
Looks cool. What are the dimensions on this thing?

nl Offline Pete.Z

Reply #119 on: October 16, 2022, 06:01:28 PM
Those prices are for the different tools you can ad, not for the complete multitool I think……

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%