Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just posted a Crunch review

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Re: Just posted a Crunch review
Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 10:41:05 AM
Well my Crunch arrived!! It truly is amazing how ingenious this tool is, i remember playing with my friends a few years back, but i didn't realise just how cool it was!

I'll try and write up a mini review at some stage when i've had a bit more of a play with it.

Roadie

p.s i can do one handed closing but opening is still a bit stiff.
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 06:33:37 PM
Well after a couple of hours of messing around i seem to have gotten the hang of this one handed business!!
Here's my little video. (click on the word video)
Initial impressions? Well the tool itself feels a little wobbly until you deploy it, but it doesn't feel weak. When deployed it feels very solid. The tools lock very positively and seem like they will do a good job, the knife is very sharp. The only thing i think that could be improved is the lock release button, it doesn't seem to have the travel i expected, i would prefer a Wave style release for the tools, but it works.
Also does anyone know what the job of the groove in the fixed jaw is?! Its not mentioned in the "manual", and i can't see any mention of it in the review on the main site.

Roadie
this post was not fun on dial up!!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline damota

Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:02 PM
I am guessing but the bit set that LM does has a small bit in it for tightening spectacle screws and it does work in there while the other bits can go in the proper bit holder at the rear. As I say just a guess I certainly am expecting to be corrected but as you say it is not in the instruction so I do think it could be an added feature.

Dave

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 04:10:34 AM
Wow, I guess I never thought of the tiny screwdriver bit thing...but it looks like it would fit. I just assumed the v-groove in the jaw was for clamping down on small round objects. Like pulling a nail the rest of the way out of a piece of wood for instance.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 04:20:57 AM
That's what I assumed it was for, although the screwdriver bit idea makes some sense too.  I think I'll give that a try because the slot in the base of the tool can be tedious to get to sometimes.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%