Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Cyber Tool Bits

Offline Leon.Sp16

• New User
Victorinox Cyber Tool Bits
on: March 13, 2021, 08:48:08 PM
Hi,

I bought the Victorinox Cyber ​​Tool 41 (L) and am looking for suitable bits. I have seen that there are already contributions here, but they are older and the links there no longer work. Therefore I am asking the question again and I hope you can help me

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Victorinox Cyber Tool Bits
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 05:09:12 AM
I was looking into that not too long ago as well. Unfortunately i wasn't able to source any bits with the retention ball. Only regular ones that you can make work with either a magnet or shrink tube  :dunno:

Offline Leon.Sp16

• New User
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 10:12:12 AM
I was looking into that not too long ago as well. Unfortunately i wasn't able to source any bits with the retention ball. Only regular ones that you can make work with either a magnet or shrink tube  :dunno:

Okay thanks. That's bad

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 02:33:02 AM
Thanks for the link! Those are the Vic ones though that come with the CT. I was hoping to find different ones that Vic does not offer (Robertson for example).

Online ComboTool

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 08:43:12 AM
I remember seeing a Youtube video (sorry, can't find the link) where someone glued a small magnet inside the tool to use regular 4mm bits (original bits with retention ball were still useable with this mod).

Offline Leon.Sp16

• New User
Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 02:10:19 PM
I remember seeing a Youtube video (sorry, can't find the link) where someone glued a small magnet inside the tool to use regular 4mm bits (original bits with retention ball were still useable with this mod).

I saw that too, but I don't have a good feeling about glueing a magnet in the bit holder

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 05:53:51 PM
I saw that too, but I don't have a good feeling about glueing a magnet in the bit holder
Same here. I will just make a mess  :rofl:

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 06:08:24 PM
You can use standard 4mm bits in a Cyber tool they are little small. You can give them a few coats of super glue to tighten them up.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 09:55:38 PM
If I remember correctly the Cybertool bits are sourced by Victorinox from some German company. There are 8 different ones available in that form factor. I think the name of that company started with F - it will come to me at some point :)

Edit: Felo - that is the name of the manufacturer.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 12:01:11 AM by Vidar »
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 02:14:49 AM
Thanks for the info, Vidar  :tu:

I checked their inventory and found 4mm bits that work. But they are not double sided and do not have the retention ball. I wonder if they made those bits exclusively for Victorinox  :think:

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 03:47:07 AM

I checked their inventory and found 4mm bits that work. But they are not double sided and do not have the retention ball. I wonder if they made those bits exclusively for Victorinox  :think:
[/

quote]

:iagree:

No good solution so far. I find a lot of driver head bits that will work with the driver socket, but those I have found lack the ball for retention. One half baked solution for the socket is to pack it with Vaseline petroleum jelly, or bearing grease, but it does not solve the problem of keeping the bits in the rack and it is messy for any pocket but a work pant pocket.

What I really crave is a drill bit for pilot holes designed to fit in the tooth pick or pen slot. It would require a converter designed to fit in the carrier when not in use.  One end of the converter would be hex to fit the driver socket. The other end would be a tiny hex to receive the drill bit. The drill bit would need a , and thne end designed to fit the driver socket and one end designed female to receive the drill bit with a tiny male hex base. With a pilot hole drilled, I could drive most screws just with the driver on the knife. End of lugging my stupid battery powered driver for one or two screws. 

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:59:19 AM by SgtTowser »

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 04:32:20 AM
One more thought on managing bits with no retention balls.

For anyone with CAD and 3D printing skills, It appears feasible to design a little little plastic boot that would slide over the top of the stock plastic bit tray and keep bits with or without rention balls in the bit tray. Then one could magnetize the driver and the bits and that would solve the retention problem in the driver. I’m actually kind of surprised that Victorinox has not done this, except that they maybe want to keep persons wed to their pricey replacement bits. 

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 04:57:18 AM
I found this extension bar for the 4mm micro bits. Would be interesting to know if it would work with a CT. It says it can hold bits with retention ball, so they must be available somewhere!

https://www.wihatools.com/system-4-extension-blade-for-micro-bits

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 05:09:58 AM
One more thought on managing bits with no retention balls.

For anyone with CAD and 3D printing skills, It appears feasible to design a little little plastic boot that would slide over the top of the stock plastic bit tray and keep bits with or without rention balls in the bit tray. Then one could magnetize the driver and the bits and that would solve the retention problem in the driver. I’m actually kind of surprised that Victorinox has not done this, except that they maybe want to keep persons wed to their pricey replacement bits.

I tried magnetizing the 4mm bits i have in an ifixit set, and the bit driver, and it doesn't work. The magnetic force is not strong enough to hold the bit in the holder.

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 03:41:36 PM

They used to be in their official catalog. I got some back in the day. I've attached the piece of their catalog with their number and the EAN numbers - might make it easier to search for them in online shops.

Another option altogether is to put in a ball in the middle yourself in normal 4mm bits. Insertable balls can be had in different formats, but the simplest is getting one ready in a cage with spring. Make a hole, press into place, and voila: Bit with ball. Easy in theory, but the bits are likely fairly hard. I might give it a try one day just to see.
Felo.jpg
* Felo.jpg (Filesize: 51.13 KB)
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 06:53:20 PM
Vic replacement bits are available but if you want a custom bit you can go a few different ways a 4mm bit with a 3mm magnet glued to the bottom of a common 4mm bit and if wanted can be tighten up by coating the bit shank with clear finger nail polish. You ca also mod a 4mm to 1/4 hex adapter and if you want to go further you ca buy a 1/4 hex to 4mm adapter.  I got this from a you tube video. I will post a link. This the link to the CT adapter mod on you tube

This is a plc of my CT bit kit in a hearing aid soft case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:05:31 PM by Mike 56 »
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 11:18:05 PM
I love those bit drivers!
IMG_20210404_231635-01.jpeg
* IMG_20210404_231635-01.jpeg (Filesize: 139.21 KB)

us Offline DavZell

Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 02:49:22 AM
Some people put some blue tack stuff, like you might put a poster up with, in the bottom of the bit holder instead of a magnet.  It is completely reversible, of course.
My Mods: 58mm Workshop, 91mm Picnicker, CyberCompact
Some Fav's: long nail file models, vintage unusual stainless
Quirk: I like the metal file more than the wood saw

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 11:38:23 AM
The original bits are available from Schweizer Messer Oberhausen.
I don't know what their current shipping policy is though.
Anyone in Europe should be able to order without issues.

https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Torx-6-Bit-Torx-8_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-6-kant-4-mm-Bit-Torx-8_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Phillips-0-Bit-Phillips-1-oder-Pozidrive_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Schlitzschrauben-4-mm-Bit-Phillips-2_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Torx-10-Bit-Torx-15_1

I'm not affiliated to the seller, but have had only positive shopping experiences.

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 11:51:36 AM
Vic replacement bits are available but if you want a custom bit you can go a few different ways a 4mm bit with a 3mm magnet glued to the bottom of a common 4mm bit and if wanted can be tighten up by coating the bit shank with clear finger nail polish. You ca also mod a 4mm to 1/4 hex adapter and if you want to go further you ca buy a 1/4 hex to 4mm adapter.  I got this from a you tube video. I will post a link. This the link to the CT adapter mod on you tube

(Image removed from quote.)

This is a plc of my CT bit kit in a hearing aid soft case.

(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made. My. Day. Thanks.

Music. To. My. Ears.

👍

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 11:53:18 AM
The original bits are available from Schweizer Messer Oberhausen.
I don't know what their current shipping policy is though.
Anyone in Europe should be able to order without issues.

https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Torx-6-Bit-Torx-8_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-6-kant-4-mm-Bit-Torx-8_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Phillips-0-Bit-Phillips-1-oder-Pozidrive_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Schlitzschrauben-4-mm-Bit-Phillips-2_1
https://www.messershop-ob.de/Bit-Torx-10-Bit-Torx-15_1

I'm not affiliated to the seller, but have had only positive shopping experiences.

:woohoo:

:salute: :tu:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 11:56:25 AM
I should also add, the store is a one-man operation.
His name is Kai and you can ask any questions in English since he's perfectly fine with that.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: April 05, 2021, 12:59:07 PM
The Blue Tack idea sounds interesting. Just to be clear I have super glued 3mm magnets to the bottom of common 4mm bits not to the VIC bit holder that way you can still use VIC bits. The same 3mm magnets fit in the VIC package hook if you like carrying a magnet in your knife. The Swiss Army Knife Shop here in the states sells replacement VIC CT Bits.  https://www.swissknifeshop.com/collections/swiss-army-knife-replacement-parts-by-victorinox But if you look around I think you can find other places that sell them as well.

Mike

Mike

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 04:36:11 AM
The trouble shooter in me has been set free by the WIHA 4mm hex converter to 1/4” hex.  I ordered one immediately and entered some new altered state of SAK consciousness. It is like all the diverse odds and ends of mini-driver sockets, bits, etc., converged like some kind of  Nicola Tesla phenomenon and, voila, the CYBERTOOL-L is suddenly ripped out with wrenching and driving and hole boring capabilities hither to caught in the trouble shooter twilightzone between imagination, and reality; between dreams and nightmare; between what could be and what is.

Cue the music....

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:40:57 AM by SgtTowser »

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 06:59:55 AM
Congrats on your new adapter! I think you will like it did you get he 1/4 to 4mm Adapter as well?

Mike

Mike

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #26 on: April 09, 2021, 12:15:42 AM
Congrats on your new adapter! I think you will like it did you get he 1/4 to 4mm Adapter as well?

Mike

No, I goofed and forgot. Definitely going to though. Thx again!

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 12:47:17 AM

Mike

One more thing: love your tag line at the bottom of your posts!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%