Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SHOT Bloopers

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
SHOT Bloopers
on: January 19, 2009, 12:50:45 AM
As Mikey found out the hard way, SHOT is a very busy show that keeps you running almost constantly.  With hundreds of booths, upside down maps and meetings with reps who seems to be placed as far away from each other as humanly possible, it can get pretty hectic.  Especially when you decide you should grab some lunch, but on the way to the $8 pizza and $3 bottle of water you see so many things that catch your eye that hours pass before you actually get there!

But, it is a lot of fun, as the following pics will show... we go out of our way to have a good time, and it's really not that hard.  Especially when you are hanging out with a jackass with no sense of shame like me...  ::)

Here's Lisa and I showing off.  I think she won, but don't tell her I said that!

As you can see, she's also more than just a pretty face.  She's pretty quick with a Ranger, and managed to keep me from making off with a sample board of new knives!

Here's a late entry from Vic:

As lovely as she is, she failed the talent portion of the show when she realized that fingers and scissors don't mix!

Then Mikey asked if I minded if he took the last beer....

And of course my brief encounter with the owner of Knifeforums.com, Mr Jim Nowka!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: SHOT Bloopers
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:54:15 AM
Nice i want her number please!
S

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 12:54:50 AM
Jim's?  No problem!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:02:51 AM
no the one that failed the test. I like slow beautiful woman. They believe it when I say I am Brad Pitt
S

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 01:50:06 AM
Is that our friend Cutlery Girl at the Vic booth? Hope you complimented her on the stylish necklace! 8)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:24:58 AM
That is indeed Cutlery Girl!  :D

Def

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 08:10:10 AM
That is indeed Cutlery Girl!

Ooh, I sniff a story on the winds,

I'll be back with my beer!

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 02:03:30 PM
Great pics, Def!  I'm glad you guys were able to unwind and have fun after a long day of interviewing company reps and testing out the latest toys.  It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it, right?  ;)
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 02:27:35 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much it!

What's the weather like in Toronto?  I'll be there in a few hours, and I don't have a coat and I'm wearing flip flops!

Def

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 02:40:33 PM
Def....good lord bring that chicken wing down on that rifle!!! Stop by the American Snipers booth and say hi, a guy from my dept is there.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 02:42:57 PM
Def....good lord bring that chicken wing down on that rifle!!! Stop by the American Snipers booth and say hi, a guy from my dept is there.

But it's a good arm for archery.  :)

So who is Cutlery Girl?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 02:44:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but it's too late now- the show is closed and I'm on my way home.  I'd have put the wing down but it wasn't a real gun and I'm pretty sure it was molded that way.  The display was showing off the flashlight, and the rest was just a mockup.

Mikey and I both got flashlights from that booth- Extreme Beam if I'm not mistaken.  The lights seemed impressive and I'm sure there will be a write up on them showing up soon!  And it's all thanks to tactical fish....

Cutlery Girl is Victorinox's in house super hero.  I can't divulge her true identity.

Def

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 03:18:29 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much it!

What's the weather like in Toronto?  I'll be there in a few hours, and I don't have a coat and I'm wearing flip flops!

Def

The -30 windchill is thankfully gone and now it feels really mild at -5.  Zero wind right now makes the weather almost pleasant.   :tu: 
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 03:54:11 PM
Then it's good that I don't plan to leave the airport!  They were complaining down here that it was cold all weekend... The coldest I think it got was 16C during the day.  Folks here have such thin skin- even the gator wrestlers!!  I felt kind of underdressed when Johnny came out with a jacket on and his hands tucked in the pockets!  :D

Def

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 04:50:14 PM
Then it's good that I don't plan to leave the airport!  They were complaining down here that it was cold all weekend... The coldest I think it got was 16C during the day.  Folks here have such thin skin- even the gator wrestlers!!  I felt kind of underdressed when Johnny came out with a jacket on and his hands tucked in the pockets!  :D

Def

16C?  That's practically summer weather for us Canadians!  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%