Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You NEED a MORA GAW. 1207

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,546
You NEED a MORA GAW.
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:31:03 PM »
Here's the deal, its my Anniversary today and you need a MORA.  You've been putting it off for no other reason than they are affordable and you'll eventually get one.  Maybe you don't do any outdoorsy stuff?  Fair enough.  Those who have just NEVER picked one up and never had one well this is the GAW for you. 

Please tell me why you have NEVER had a MORA and add your name to the list.  The ending time for you adding your name to the list is MY TIME, Pacific Standard Time ( I'm in California ) which will be on April 21st 8am.  No more entries please after that time period. 

RULES. 

1. You have NEVER owned a MORA. 

2. You plan to use this knife so we'd love to see pics please. 

3.  You can own this knife where ever you may be.  Your countries laws.   

4.  If you are under 18 I am sorry you don't qualify.

5. If you are in the USA I will buy and ship to you all at my expense.

6. If you are outside the USA it might be easier for us to figure out how I can send you money or ?  We'll work that out.  It'll be all at my expense. 

7.  I've already picked the MORA.  They are all wonderful and if its your first then I've started you off with the basic. 

8. You must have 500 posts to enter.

9.  If I can think of anything else I reserve the right to add or subtract as I see fit  :D

So lets begin the list shall we? 

Remember no more entries after April 21st 8am Pacific Standard Time. 

and...........    GO.     

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 11:02:13 PM by Aloha »

Esse Quam Videri
Thread Killer 2019 No Life Club Posts: 4,433
Re: You NEED a MORA GAW.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 12:38:49 AM »
Happy anniversary to you and Mrs. Aloha.  I own several Moras and they are great knives that are often under estimated because of their low price.  Good luck to anyone who enters this GAW. The winner is in for a treat.
 :like:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,273
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 02:18:51 AM »
Happy Anniversary again.

It is kind of funny that this is coming up now.  I recently decided I was going to get a Mora and trying to decide on which model between a few different ones.

I haven’t purchased a Mora previously, because I usually lean more towards folders and up until recently hadn’t heard a lot about Moras.  My couple of fixed blade knives are smaller low profile knives that could easily be carried discreetly.  The Moras that I usually saw seemed bulky and cheap, so I hadn’t really given them much thought.  Recently, in doing some research to update and improve my emergency preparedness, Mora knives have been coming up a lot.  I figured with the low price, I could easily get one to use and abuse.  Then if I liked it, it wouldn’t be too costly to buy another to put in an emergency bag.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 02:59:45 AM »
1. Sos24

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 1,234 Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 04:00:24 AM »
I have never had a Mora, because I didn't know they existed until now. I still don't know what they look like....now I feel like I'm missing out....

It sounds like they're fixed blade knives. I rarely get them, because most of the confiscated knives I get are folders, ie, the suppliers usually seem to only sell the folders for whatever reason. So I rarely have any fixed blade knives on hand. Wouldn't mind, though....

I just recently got 1,000 posts.....

1. Sos24
2. Jim the Brave

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 05:15:24 AM »
 :woohoo:

Its a fixed blade that is a wonderful affordable beast of a knife.  My partner wont carry anything else with her.  I have knives for her that are quadruple the price point but nope.  She loves her Mora so much so that she had to have a Eldris.  When I told her about the GAW she was so excited I was giving away a Mora. 

One does not need to spend a lot to have a great outdoor knife that will also be a very good work knife.  Best of luck. 

Esse Quam Videri
You NEED a MORA GAW.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 05:20:03 AM »
I have never had a Mora, because I didn't know they existed until now. I still don't know what they look like....now I feel like I'm missing out....

It sounds like they're fixed blade knives. I rarely get them, because most of the confiscated knives I get are folders, ie, the suppliers usually seem to only sell the folders for whatever reason. So I rarely have any fixed blade knives on hand. Wouldn't mind, though....

I just recently got 1,000 posts.....

1. Sos24
2. Jim the Brave

If you want to see what they look like

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,67811.msg2231971.html#msg2231971

I almost feel that Mora are to fixed blades, as Opinel are to folders - well made and reliable knives with very distinct characteristics and relatively cheap price tag.  Although I say that, I don’t yet own an Opinel, but I think I need to rectifying that as well.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 05:22:54 AM »

I almost feel that Mora are to fixed blades, as Opinel are to folders - well made and reliable knives with very distinct characteristics and relatively cheap price tag.  Although I say that, I don’t yet own an Opinel, but I think I need to rectifying that as well.

Ah....very nice!

This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 05:23:17 AM »

:iagree:

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 05:25:19 AM »
I think because they are so affordable most just don't get around to buying one.  I was buying other outdoor fixed blade way before a Mora even was considered.  I was given one and everything changed.  I got my partner one and she wont even consider another fixed blade for camping. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 06:16:34 AM »
I think because they are so affordable most just don't get around to buying one.  I was buying other outdoor fixed blade way before a Mora even was considered.  I was given one and everything changed.  I got my partner one and she wont even consider another fixed blade for camping. 

If only my partner would consider camping!  :(

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 06:23:57 AM »
Pack the kids and go.  When y'all get back and she hears how much fun you had she'll wish she also was there having fun.  Go glamping maybe to start?

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 06:43:24 AM »
Pack the kids and go.  When y'all get back and she hears how much fun you had she'll wish she also was there having fun.  Go glamping maybe to start?
:Agree:
There are lots of campgrounds that have “cottages” which have some basic amenities.  So you ease into it.
No Life Club Posts: 4,819
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 07:51:18 AM »
Happy anniversary!
I'm out since I have had a Mora or more for most of my lide :tu:
Everyone should have atleast one so good luck everyone :cheers:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

No Life Club Posts: 3,346
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 08:24:18 AM »
I would love to join on this GAW but i think i dont qualify on this cause have broked maybe 20-25 Mora past years while working on constructions. It was maybe one of renowed puukko here past years before other brands came to markets.

Only Tools Matters
Thread Killer 2019 No Life Club Posts: 4,433
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 09:45:32 AM »

I got my first as an afterthought. I needed to round up an order by a few dollars to qualify for free shipping and a Mora classic No. 1 was just enough and was cheaper than if I paid the shipping on that order so it's as if I got it for free. Here's a Mora Classic and a Basic. :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,979 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 11:51:51 AM »
Thanks again for your generosity, my friend!

:cheers: :hatsoff:

I'm out, got a few of them. Great knives, the price /quality ratio is unbelievable!

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

No Life Club Posts: 1,211
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 02:16:18 PM »
Thanks for your generosity Aloha!

I got my first Mora (Basic, Carbon, yellow) few months ago. Thats a really nice knife!

Good luck to all!

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,017

Nix us

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 03:00:44 PM »
I like my Moras, too!   :iagree:

heterodox, not in the box
Just Bananas Posts: 75,715
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 03:45:52 PM »
Happy anniversary Aloha  :cheers:
Unfortunately I don’t think I will have much use for a Mora knife but this is definitely a excellent GAW :like:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
 :salute:

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 3,146
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 09:02:18 PM »
Happy Anniversary and nice GAW!

Being born and raised in Sweden I have had my fair number of moras

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

No Life Club Posts: 2,318
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 09:47:46 PM »
Congrats Poncho  :cheers:  Good luck to the entrants  :tu:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2021, 10:37:18 PM »
Happy anniversary Aloha  :cheers:
Unfortunately I don’t think I will have much use for a Mora knife but this is definitely a excellent GAW :like:

Makes a great garden knife too  :pok:

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2021, 11:05:42 PM »
Those who have Moras know why the hype is not hype.  Even the most basic Mora is more than capable for a variety of tasks.  I really appreciate the Classic Mora of which I have 2.  I also have a really small one with guard thats is not only cute but a real deal knife.   

1. Sos24
2. Jim the Brave

Esse Quam Videri
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,486 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 01:20:22 AM »
We have a couple of Companions here.  We found one lying in the middle of the street on our way to town this past summer.  Felt like I won the lottery!

Barry
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 02:35:41 AM »
 :D.  Thats great.

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 03:22:21 AM »
Now I’m really starting to feel like I’ve been missing something, to not have had one Mora.  How could I have not known about them until recently.

Well, I guess it is settled, if I don’t win, a Mora will be my next knife purchase.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,598
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 08:22:15 AM »
Happy Bday and thanks for the GAW.
In the end it's the perfect list of people to defriend :ahhh

just kidding!
But everyone should try a Mora!!

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 03:58:53 PM »
Now I’m really starting to feel like I’ve been missing something, to not have had one Mora.  How could I have not known about them until recently.

Well, I guess it is settled, if I don’t win, a Mora will be my next knife purchase.

I got a Classic and I always forget the size  :think:.  Then I got a Companion which I gave to my daughter.  I then got another Classic which is little and IMO perfect.  I love this little Mora.  Its a fun knife plus after watching Dual Survival with Cody, I was determined to get one like him.   

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD