Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Again me,I need help :)

Offline depmenpradech

Again me,I need help :)
on: April 12, 2021, 09:51:29 PM
Hi my dear friends.I'm here again with a strange question.I have the victorinox hiker but ı sell this knife.I want to buy alox model but I was undecided (ı hate this,ı hate my habit  >:( ).The models I have in mind
1-Pioneer
2-Farmer
3-Pioneer x
Knife and bottle opener is enough for me but the saw and scissors get caught in my mind.I use very little of both or I don't use it at all (it might even be unnecessary).Frankly, I always go back and forth between farmer or pioneer.Thank you all in advance...  :)
NOTE:I used Google Translate.I may have made a mistake in some sentences, sorry  :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Again me,I need help :)
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 10:16:39 PM
Esse Quam Videri

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 10:27:48 PM

Offline SwissMix2020

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 10:56:18 PM
Get all of them.  You will never be happy with just one.  You will find you need to change between knives.

Saw is useful for outdoors.  Scissors for city/urban.  Weight and size also become issue for different situations. So getting only a Farmer X or even Pioneer X is not a simple solution.

Having choice between them makes it easier.  Also reserving some for food safe tasks allows you to use some for other jobs.

Then the only question left are buying different colors and designs....

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 11:18:00 PM
Get all of them.  You will never be happy with just one.  You will find you need to change between knives.

Saw is useful for outdoors.  Scissors for city/urban.  Weight and size also become issue for different situations. So getting only a Farmer X or even Pioneer X is not a simple solution.

Having choice between them makes it easier.  Also reserving some for food safe tasks allows you to use some for other jobs.

Then the only question left are buying different colors and designs....
I want to buy all of them, but I have no financial means for this.Maybe later i can get all but now I can only buy one.  :)

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 02:00:20 AM
Sounds like the Pioneer is the logical place to start.  You can consider others later as your finances allow.
- Steve

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 04:43:05 AM
 :iagree: The Pioneer is a fantastic SAK. Once you start using that inline awl, you will never get back to Cellidor  :D The Pioneer is tough and will last you a lifetime when properly cared for  :tu:

us Offline pipedreams

• Improvisational Engineer
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 04:50:31 AM
If I could only have one knife, it would be a Pioneer (Soldier).
-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 05:03:16 AM
Hi my dear friends.I'm here again with a strange question.I have the victorinox hiker but ı sell this knife.I want to buy alox model but I was undecided (ı hate this,ı hate my habit  >:( ).The models I have in mind
1-Pioneer
2-Farmer
3-Pioneer x
Knife and bottle opener is enough for me but the saw and scissors get caught in my mind.I use very little of both or I don't use it at all (it might even be unnecessary).Frankly, I always go back and forth between farmer or pioneer.Thank you all in advance...  :)
NOTE:I used Google Translate.I may have made a mistake in some sentences, sorry  :D

If I could have only one of those three, it would be the Pioneer X.  Any of those three choices would cover your knife & bottle opener requirements, and obviously Pioneer X or Farmer would have everything found on the Pioneer.  You had the Hiker, but didn't get much use out of the saw.  SAK scissors are without equal for their size, and once you have them in your pocket you may find they are better than a knife blade for tasks like trimming fingernails, cutting loose strings off of clothing, etc.

Offline SwissMix2020

Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 12:48:00 PM
 :iagree: The Pioneer.

The Pioneer X while nice with the scissors its quite heavy if you are coming from a Hiker.  It weighs almost as much as a 4 layer Huntsman.

And if you can spring for it they still sell the limited edition blue Pioneer for 2020.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 03:26:14 PM
I think you should consider a Farmer X. :cheers:

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 07:23:50 PM
Sounds like the Pioneer is the logical place to start.  You can consider others later as your finances allow.
Thanks for your answer.I thought so, too.So can I add a saw and scissors in the future? (like customize) for pioneer  :D

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 07:25:39 PM
:iagree: The Pioneer is a fantastic SAK. Once you start using that inline awl, you will never get back to Cellidor  :D The Pioneer is tough and will last you a lifetime when properly cared for  :tu:
Thanks for your answer.I had the opportunity to test alox solo.Alox very strong and durable.i am sure i will take good care  :D

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 07:27:30 PM
If I could only have one knife, it would be a Pioneer (Soldier).
Thanks for your answer.It will probably be my choice too.  :iagree:  :iagree:

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 07:31:09 PM
If I could have only one of those three, it would be the Pioneer X.  Any of those three choices would cover your knife & bottle opener requirements, and obviously Pioneer X or Farmer would have everything found on the Pioneer.  You had the Hiker, but didn't get much use out of the saw.  SAK scissors are without equal for their size, and once you have them in your pocket you may find they are better than a knife blade for tasks like trimming fingernails, cutting loose strings off of clothing, etc.
Thanks for your answer.I never needed a knife or saw.Actually for me, pioneer is the most logical option.But I'm a little obsessed with some things.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 07:33:22 PM
I think you should consider a Farmer X. :cheers:
Thanks for your answer.Unfortunately this is impossible :( .Because it's too expensive.Also like a little thick?  ???  ???

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 07:37:29 PM
:iagree: The Pioneer.

The Pioneer X while nice with the scissors its quite heavy if you are coming from a Hiker.  It weighs almost as much as a 4 layer Huntsman.

And if you can spring for it they still sell the limited edition blue Pioneer for 2020.
Thanks for your answer.I agree.Like heavy and thick.I love black pioneer.I wish I could find it here.  :salute:  :iagree:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 12:17:33 PM
Well, since we got that out of the way...

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 07:35:48 PM
Well, since we got that out of the way...

8) 8)
Exactly describes me.  :woohoo:  :like:  :D

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 07:12:14 AM
Gotta be the pioneer X for me  cannot do with a SAK without  scissors

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 02:06:25 PM
Gotta be the pioneer X for me  cannot do with a SAK without  scissors
I'm sorry for the late reply.I am indecisive about scissors.I don't use scissors much but functional.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%