Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Streamlight Nano

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Streamlight Nano
on: February 22, 2021, 07:03:59 PM
I'm trying to find a keychain light for Mrs. TJ and I came across the Streamlight. I've never owned one of these. How are they for a keychain light? Price point looks good and it's small enough. I tried a couple other keychain lights and she didn't care for them.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Streamlight Nano
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:24:58 AM
Not bad until you need batteries they are tiny and not real available.

Which have you tried so far?

I really like those tiny 10810 that were all over for the last year or so like the Olight I1R
They are small and simple to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 05:57:07 AM
I’m not a big fan of the Nano for a few reasons.  Off not twisted far enough off, any pressure will make it light up and run down the battery.  If you turn it too far off, I have had it come apart and lost half or the batteries.

A similar light that I find a little better is the Pelican 1810.  But if willing to go a little bigger, there are several different variety of 10180 flashlights that I think are much better.  The 10180 lights I have had (Jetbeam Mini, MecArmy) were brighter, less likely to turn on or separate and rechargeable.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 05:10:10 PM
I ended up getting Mrs. TJ a Nano. It might not be the best light ever made and might have it's drawbacks but I found batteries for it on eBay and Streamlight headquarters is less than 15 miles from here in case there are issues for it.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 11:19:42 PM
Ultimately the best light for Mrs TJ is what she is prepared to use and carry. Something is better than nothing.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 11:43:34 PM
Ultimately the best light for Mrs TJ is what she is prepared to use and carry. Something is better than nothing.
Agree.  The light that you have always beats the one left home. 

The Nano isn’t a bad light, it just has some drawbacks.  As long as you remember to check it on occasion to make sure it doesn’t turn itself on or come apart, it should last a long time.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 02:46:32 AM
I got it for her and didn't realize how small it actually is. Hey, worse case scenario if she doesn't like it, I can use it.  :whistle:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 03:52:37 AM
I have had a Photon X on my keys for a good long while.  Its taken a beating and I've change batteries a few times now ( watch batteries ).  Its not the brightest but its not bad for finding things under car seat in the dark and my door when I've forgotten to turn on the porch light.  Its have variable brightness as well which is nice when we'd be at a restaurant with dim lights. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 02:45:24 PM
I ended up borrowing her Nano and are using it for our vacation this coming week. :whistle:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD