Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Leatherman Ratchet Driver Owners Club

Poncho65 · 179 · 14550

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The Leatherman Ratchet Driver Owners Club
Reply #150 on: November 13, 2023, 02:19:58 AM
Probably like the Crunch, they go out of production for a while and everyone on eBay jacks up the price.
I have been waiting a long time for the Crunch to come back in stock.  Some stores say discontinued.  I tried a live Chat on the Leatherman site and no one ever came on the chat, and there were only two ahead of me and I waited over an hour the one time.  I wanted to find out if it was discontinued.
Long story short, I have a Crunch in route from New Zealand.  :tu:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 04:43:08 AM by FolderBeholder »
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline johnnyvol

Reply #151 on: November 13, 2023, 09:59:28 PM
Made myself something today.  Printed it in TPU.  Curious to see how well the bits stay put.

2023-11-13-14-47-20-310.jpg
* 2023-11-13-14-47-20-310.jpg (Filesize: 159.79 KB)

Don't complain and never explain.

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #152 on: November 13, 2023, 10:47:04 PM
Here's the name of this store in New Zealand.  They only had the one, otherwise I would have had them buy a back-up.

I buy my fishing stuff from there. Where is your family headed?

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #153 on: November 13, 2023, 10:57:46 PM
I buy my fishing stuff from there. Where is your family headed?
They've done some Lord of the Rings tourist stuff.  Lots of wonderful sightseeing.  Ziplined through some forest.  Swam with dolphins yesterday.  They're in Christchurch heading back to Auckland tomorrow.
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #154 on: November 14, 2023, 02:07:02 AM
Made myself something today.  Printed it in TPU.  Curious to see how well the bits stay put.

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

What is TPU? I am not up on 3D print lingo :D I hope it holds up well :salute: the one I have from Zapwizard is over 2 years old, been in my pocket daily for that time and the bits still retain well :woohoo: hope yours does the same  :tu:

us Offline johnnyvol

Reply #155 on: November 14, 2023, 02:49:24 AM
What is TPU? I am not up on 3D print lingo :D I hope it holds up well :salute: the one I have from Zapwizard is over 2 years old, been in my pocket daily for that time and the bits still retain well :woohoo: hope yours does the same  :tu:

I hate it when people throw around acronyms and just expect everyone to know what they mean.  Sorry, I posted like this was a printing forum.  :oops:

TPU stands for ThermoPlastic Urethane.  It's quite durable, has some flexibility and stretch, much softer than most 3D printing filaments.  In this case it's like hard rubber.  Depending on how you print with it it can be hard or relatively soft.  Some people use it to make tires for RC cars as an example.  I keep saying I'm going to make new shoe insoles.   :D

I think Zapwizard says his are made from nylon.  Probably a better choice for overall longevity.

I made the bit slots a bit tight to allow for some loosening over time, I'll update this in a few months after some use.  I think it'll work well.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #156 on: November 14, 2023, 03:09:17 AM
No biggie ;) I was just a bit lost is all :D I really do hope it holds up well and loosens up just enough and not anything beyond that :tu: Looks great! I can't wait to hear your feedback later about it and if it is anything like mine, you will love having it :woohoo: Nothing better than a LM screwdriver :dd: :drool: :like:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #157 on: November 14, 2023, 01:28:07 PM
They've done some Lord of the Rings tourist stuff.  Lots of wonderful sightseeing.  Ziplined through some forest.  Swam with dolphins yesterday.  They're in Christchurch heading back to Auckland tomorrow.

Wow, glad they have had lots of fun here.   :tu:   :like:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #158 on: November 16, 2023, 01:11:00 AM
  No movement from the Montanic Adventure Store. Contacted them this evening via email and social media. Am wondering if I will get the Leatherman ratchet. What I get for waiting, and forgetting about it. When I saw a video on how strong they were figured would get one ... only to find out there are like Out of Stock in most places.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Reply #159 on: November 16, 2023, 04:35:33 AM
  No movement from the Montanic Adventure Store. Contacted them this evening via email and social media. Am wondering if I will get the Leatherman ratchet. What I get for waiting, and forgetting about it. When I saw a video on how strong they were figured would get one ... only to find out there are like Out of Stock in most places.

Made contact. They had a recent sale and are catching up on orders.
Quote from: Montanic Adventure Store
We hope this message finds you well. We would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your order. Our team has been diligently working through a high volume of orders during our recent sales event.

As of today, we are pleased to inform you that your order is scheduled for processing, and we will provide you with a tracking number as soon as your items are ready to ship.

Also seen they only have 5 left at 'RM 250.80 MYR' ($53.24): https://montanic.com/products/leatherman-ratchet-driver?_pos=1&_sid=1e8642e3d&_ss=r
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 04:42:45 AM by Outback in Idaho »
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #160 on: November 16, 2023, 05:50:23 AM
What were they selling for in the US before they were out of stock ?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #161 on: November 16, 2023, 12:59:34 PM
I was thinking that the last price I saw was $35 from LM :think: originally it was $30 when they first came out 2 years ago :salute:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #162 on: November 16, 2023, 01:43:27 PM
Thanks  :tu:

Reply #163 on: November 18, 2023, 01:21:10 AM
  Leatherman Ratchet on its way from Malaysia. Yeah $100 for a $40 tool seems excessive except when the tool cannot be found anywhere in the states. Not that it is a collector's item for me, had seen a stress test showing the bit gave way before the ratchet mechanism did. As such it showed me it was more than just another gimmicky accessory.

Also ordered a ZapWizard sheath for Garage #5 with the ratchet attachment.  :D  My 62nd 'revolution around the sun' gift to myself.

Will have to find some sort of driver to remove the clip though, and them screw heads look rather tiny. :ahhh
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #164 on: December 02, 2023, 05:23:03 AM
  Leatherman Ratchet on its way from Malaysia. Yeah $100 for a $40 tool seems excessive except when the tool cannot be found anywhere in the states. Not that it is a collector's item for me, had seen a stress test showing the bit gave way before the ratchet mechanism did. As such it showed me it was more than just another gimmicky accessory.

Also ordered a ZapWizard sheath for Garage #5 with the ratchet attachment.  :D  My 62nd 'revolution around the sun' gift to myself.

Will have to find some sort of driver to remove the clip though, and them screw heads look rather tiny. :ahhh

Ratchet arrived well, intact, and encased in thick bubble wrap an inch thick on all sides smothered in packing tape. Ordered a Volty Switch a few minutes ago too.

Is odd that the 7.11L ratchet has been sold out already. Heard one can be obtained from the manufacture via their facebook page. Missed out on the 40% sale, not that I wanted one. Was curious so looked it up. Now to get a bit kit as the current one resides with the Skeletool on the recumbent trike.
¬ Outback in Idaho

gb Offline ajcrean

Reply #165 on: December 05, 2023, 10:58:48 AM
  Ratchet arrived well, intact, and encased in thick bubble wrap an inch thick on all sides smothered in packing tape.

Glad you got it safely!  I've been looking here in the UK and EU for months for one of the ratchet drivers with no luck.  However, I'm going back home to Cape Town for Christmas and found that one of our local outdoor supply stores (Camp & Climb) has stock.  So: when I arrive at my family's house in Cape Town next Friday, mine will be witing for me!  Total cost was about $43 which isn't bad, I think.

Reply #166 on: December 08, 2023, 05:35:03 AM
Glad you got it safely!  I've been looking here in the UK and EU for months for one of the ratchet drivers with no luck.  However, I'm going back home to Cape Town for Christmas and found that one of our local outdoor supply stores (Camp & Climb) has stock.  So: when I arrive at my family's house in Cape Town next Friday, mine will be waiting for me!  Total cost was about $43 which isn't bad, I think.

Works good unless in tight areas. Had to pull the blower fan housing off a Suzuki Esteem. Had pine needles, junk, and a dead mouse inside. Ended up using the Leatherman Crunch to remove the last half of the firewall-side screw.

https://scontent.fboi1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/407891427_7016909648368461_2683985091811033424_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dd5e9f&_nc_ohc=2Im5cqjTIu4AX9uWboE&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.fna&oh=00_AfBna3Q4vswqOXYHXIBYRDBDms1NDMievB0ZUUGmJvBkIw&oe=6578412F

¬ Outback in Idaho

Leatherman posted their Ratchet Driver on their website. This product is limited to 1 unit per person/household. Ordered another since I should not have to wait a month to get a spare.   ;)  Sign in to get a shipping discount.

https://www.leatherman.com/ratchet-driver-667.html?utm_source=D365&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=240126_Ratchet_US&utm_id=240126_Ratchet_US#msdynmkt_trackingcontext=ff757032-be6b-48de-a526-d05c70c6d496
¬ Outback in Idaho

Offline cnlson

Reply #168 on: January 27, 2024, 10:25:01 AM

are you going to put the stl on printables? i'd be interested in printing one of those

Reply #170 on: January 27, 2024, 09:36:49 PM
whatever this link is, it is expired URL signature expired

:o  Wow, those sold out fast. Was listed earlier in the day, now "This item is currently unavailable. Please make another selection."
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #171 on: January 29, 2024, 03:22:19 AM
It’s scalper city with the ratchet drivers over on eBay right now. Insane prices.

Offline cnlson

Reply #172 on: February 06, 2024, 06:43:05 PM

Thank you sir! This is an awesome addition to the ratchet.

* 20240206_111514.jpg (Filesize: 238.17 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #173 on: February 06, 2024, 07:57:01 PM

Looks great, cnlson :woohoo:

I hope it lasts great as well :tu: :like:

us Offline johnnyvol

Reply #174 on: February 06, 2024, 11:17:59 PM

Looks great, glad it worked out for you.

Looks great, cnlson :woohoo:

I hope it lasts great as well :tu: :like:

I've been carrying one in my pocket for almost three months now.  No problems yet, still holds the bits tight but not too tight and rides in my pocket comfortably. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #175 on: February 07, 2024, 01:48:30 AM
Awesome to hear 8) :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #176 on: February 07, 2024, 01:52:52 AM
Also, you from Tennessee? I am and that is what has me curious :D I should have asked before now but just haven't  :whistle:

Feel free to PM if you don't want to reveal your location in public or not at all if that bothers you either  :salute: :tu:

us Offline johnnyvol

Reply #177 on: February 07, 2024, 12:13:21 PM
What gave it away?  :D

Southern Middle TN, not far from the AL line.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #178 on: February 07, 2024, 04:14:47 PM
So probably not real far from me :D

I live in Middle TN on the Plateau :tu: I do work in Nashville though, so definitely not far from you still :cheers:

That's cool, not a whole lot of people from here on MTO that live close to me :tu:

It was the vol, BTW :whistle: ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD