Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Evolution of an EDC

Kraken · 40 · 4014

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Evolution of an EDC
Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 12:45:08 PM
@ VICMAN.  Being a dealer must have been like a kid in a candy store, minus the business aspect of course.  Cant fault you on the Swisschamp.  Its really a wonderful SAK.  The Executive is one of those SAKs that either you bond with or dont.  Its a strong contender for one of the neatest SAKs from Vic.   

I have to admit it was fun having access to any SAK in the line at dealer cost. :D

I agree about the Executive.

When I was a Victorinox dealer I let my dad choose any Vic he wanted and he chose a black Executive.  It was his favorite EDC knife.

It took me participating in the Executive Challenge to finally realize what a great knife the Executive is.

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:22 PM
@ Serena.  Nice story.  Heres a link to SAKWIKI which I believe is your knife.  If you have T&T the could be one of the variations.  http://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Commander
Yes, I think that's the one!!! Thank you very much…

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
@ VICMAN.  Being a dealer must have been like a kid in a candy store, minus the business aspect of course.  Cant fault you on the Swisschamp.  Its really a wonderful SAK.  The Executive is one of those SAKs that either you bond with or dont.  Its a strong contender for one of the neatest SAKs from Vic.   

I have to admit it was fun having access to any SAK in the line at dealer cost. :D

I agree about the Executive.

When I was a Victorinox dealer I let my dad choose any Vic he wanted and he chose a black Executive.  It was his favorite EDC knife.

It took me participating in the Executive Challenge to finally realize what a great knife the Executive is.

As a newly indoctrinated executive fan, (July 18th) I can vouch for the usefulness of the exec as a EDC pocket knife for modern suburbia. Its a great little coin pocket size pocket knife with a few small tools for light duty. Teamed up with a few flat little tools in the wallet like a Victorinox quarto and a P-38 can opener, its good for most of what you will run into in a civilized environment. Or you can drop a Leatherman squirt in the left hand pocket with the keys and change and you have tools available.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 06:38:47 PM

As a newly indoctrinated executive fan, (July 18th) I can vouch for the usefulness of the exec as a EDC pocket knife for modern suburbia. Its a great little coin pocket size pocket knife with a few small tools for light duty. Teamed up with a few flat little tools in the wallet like a Victorinox quarto and a P-38 can opener, its good for most of what you will run into in a civilized environment. Or you can drop a Leatherman squirt in the left hand pocket with the keys and change and you have tools available.

I agree that the Executive will handle most daily needs, but I still always have a SwissChamp on me, I have carried one since they first came out and still have occasion to use the saw, file, in-line phillips, pliers, awl, hook, fine screwdriver in the corkscrew, and scaler where I work part-time.

us Offline Steelej1976

Reply #34 on: May 10, 2021, 05:31:50 PM
Going to necrobump this thread because it has something I have been thinking about.

I had not carried a knife in 20 years and decided I wanted to start carrying one again and thought about how useful a Swiss Army Knife would be.  After doing some research I decided on the Super Tinker mainly because of the scissors.  I liked the Super Tinker but decided to try a regular Tinker and a Classic SD.  I came to find out that I missed the big scissors and that the backside Phillips was limited and somewhat redundant because of the can opener.  I think I have found my EDC for now and hopefully for a while which is a Climber and a Classic SD, I like having the corkscrew and the little Classic grew on me and I consider it a awesome back up to a bigger SAK.  Anyway just some thought.   :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: May 10, 2021, 05:35:46 PM
 :like:.  Having a 58mm is really nice.  Its a capable companion and on it own.  I love the Tinker and Recruit without bad side tools.  The Climber is a nice option. 
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #36 on: May 10, 2021, 05:41:22 PM
Going to necrobump this thread because it has something I have been thinking about.

I had not carried a knife in 20 years and decided I wanted to start carrying one again and thought about how useful a Swiss Army Knife would be.  After doing some research I decided on the Super Tinker mainly because of the scissors.  I liked the Super Tinker but decided to try a regular Tinker and a Classic SD.  I came to find out that I missed the big scissors and that the backside Phillips was limited and somewhat redundant because of the can opener.  I think I have found my EDC for now and hopefully for a while which is a Climber and a Classic SD, I like having the corkscrew and the little Classic grew on me and I consider it a awesome back up to a bigger SAK.  Anyway just some thought.   :salute:

That's a nice combo. The Climber is one of my favourites. Sometimes you just need a small blade/scissors, the Classic is more than enough for it, no need to bring out the big guns. When the task is a litle more demanding, the Climber takes care of it.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fr Offline guibur

• Guillaume
Reply #37 on: May 10, 2021, 08:13:14 PM
That's a nice combo. The Climber is one of my favourites. Sometimes you just need a small blade/scissors, the Classic is more than enough for it, no need to bring out the big guns. When the task is a litle more demanding, the Climber takes care of it.

:iagree: :tu:
My first name : Guillaume + my name Bur***** = guibur

"Soyez grands par les faits, et simples en paroles."

My YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbyvNcXV7KGEfQVgnCcY4Yg

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 10, 2021, 08:23:38 PM

Sometimes I feel like the Soldier and LM Micra combo that i used for a few years was the plateau in my evolution. Since then, ive tried various ways to incorporate scissors into my EDC. While I’m mostly settled on the Pioneer X, I keep looking at other ways to get the same tool set. Nothing seems to feel quite right.

us Offline pipedreams

• Improvisational Engineer
Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 09:26:46 PM
Sometimes I feel like the Soldier and LM Micra combo that i used for a few years was the plateau in my evolution. Since then, ive tried various ways to incorporate scissors into my EDC. While I’m mostly settled on the Pioneer X, I keep looking at other ways to get the same tool set. Nothing seems to feel quite right.
Soldier and Ps4 is a fine combo, too.
-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%