Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Craftsman Kromedge Poly-Tap

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Craftsman Kromedge Poly-Tap
on: May 05, 2021, 01:05:13 AM
Put this under tools I didn’t know existed.  I picked this up in the estate sale lot this past weekend.  According to sources on the web it is used to tap or chase threads in electrical boxes.  Used by electricians.  Klein makes a similar version.  This one is out of production.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Craftsman Kromedge Poly-Tap
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 02:38:28 AM
I used to use the Klein tapping tool years ago. Sometimes the threaded holes in metal boxes are malformed and have to be tapped out. There are also times where we have to create a threaded hole for a screw, primarily ground screws. All of the tapping tools I have used are for 6-32, 8-32, and 10-32 screws. If you look at a picture of the Klein tool, you may notice that the tapper is replaceable. That is due to the tapper being brittle and easy to break. Nowadays, I use thread tapping drill bits.

I bet my dad still has a couple of intact tapping tools in amongst his collection of tools.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Craftsman Kromedge Poly-Tap
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 03:38:02 AM
I use the Klein all the time still.

I try to stay away from power tools on boxes but I am sure in the minority there too.

Also helps maintain my Kung Fu Death Grip!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%