Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My latest tool

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: My latest tool
Reply #30 on: August 07, 2017, 10:25:45 PM
Yeah, but I if you work in Switzerland your monthly income just might be slightly bigger than mine. That price is about two days of work for me...  :D
Luckily yes... Everything is expensive here, but we earn more. With the benefit that everything we order abroad is cheap.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 12:40:20 AM
Yeah, but I if you work in Switzerland your monthly income just might be slightly bigger than mine. That price is about two days of work for me...  :D
Luckily yes... Everything is expensive here, but we earn more. With the benefit that everything we order abroad is cheap.

Which makes the low prices of victorinox offerings quite surprising to me.  :climber:
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 02:13:48 AM
If you like it, can afford it, then buy it. No apologies.
If my wife ever found out what I paid for our beloved custom kitchen knife I would currently be under psychiatric observation :D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 09:30:54 AM
And traveling to CH is even more expensive for the rest :(

Beautifull country but more expensive to visit? Here, take this :twak: :D

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 11:53:03 AM

Well, my country is quite beautiful and much cheaper, so there is that. And we are in EU so you can avoid borders...

There, my obligatory yearly patriotic tourism promotion quota fulfilled...  :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:11:12 PM by lister »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 12:36:13 PM

That is why I almost never make holidays in Switzerland :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 12:40:24 PM

Well, my country is quite beautiful and much cheaper, so there is that. And we are in EU so you can avoid borders...

So I hear... one day I will visit that part of Europe, I really want to see Predjama Castle

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 12:42:58 PM
If you like it, can afford it, then buy it. No apologies.
If my wife ever found out what I paid for our beloved custom kitchen knife I would currently be under psychiatric observation :D
Good lord what have you done... now I will buy those Orvis pliers I have no use for but have been lusting over for quite a while.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 12:46:42 PM

Which makes the low prices of victorinox offerings quite surprising to me.  :climber:
The secret is high output and automation. And once you are in that territory, salaries don't matter as much anymore.

Also, Swiss people are among the most productive.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:49:27 PM by Etherealicer »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 02:26:11 PM

So I hear... one day I will visit that part of Europe, I really want to see Predjama Castle
Sounds like a house switch comming up next summer :D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 02:29:37 PM

My sister traveled to Slovenia last year and was quite impressed!

She said that the nature is beautifull there and that the deserted buildings with scars from the last world war intrigued here.
IIRC there are still quite some active minefields there though?

Good thing is that it keeps people on the paths and let's the rest of nature do it's thing, but still...

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 02:49:00 PM

My sister traveled to Slovenia last year and was quite impressed!

She said that the nature is beautifull there and that the deserted buildings with scars from the last world war intrigued here.
IIRC there are still quite some active minefields there though?

Good thing is that it keeps people on the paths and let's the rest of nature do it's thing, but still...

There are no active minefields,  you can find those in some other states from former Yugoslavia as the result of Yugosalv wars.  We had the good luck of getting away with what amounts to 10 days of some shooting.

Unexploded ordinance is another thing. WWI and WWII left quite some of that in our part of the world. In the WWI our county was divided between Austro-Hungarian empire and Italy and we served as a cannon fodder on both sides. Quite large part of our alps is riddled with fortifications and tons of military related rust. In the second world war both Germany and Italy occupied us. Add to that some heavy local partisan resistance and you get the picture.

As for the nature, there is a lot of that. 50% of the damned thing is covered in forests. That is also the answer why I insist on a saw as a part of my edc...  :D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 03:02:52 PM

As for the nature, there is a lot of that. 50% of the damned thing is covered in forests. That is also the answer why I insist on a saw as a part of my edc...  :D

To reduce that to 40? :rofl:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: August 08, 2017, 03:17:24 PM

Sometimes there is no other way...  :pok:

:D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: August 08, 2017, 03:29:16 PM

Sometimes there is no other way...  :pok:

:D
That is gold :rofl:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 03:30:11 PM

Sadly, my wife is a beach-bunny, but I'm working on that.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 05:09:26 PM

Sadly, my wife is a beach-bunny, but I'm working on that.
:worthless:

:whistle:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: August 11, 2017, 02:16:41 PM
I hear you...  :D

This forum is a plot. I know it is! It must be!! No one can dissuade me!!!  :ahhh :ahhh

Lunchtime stroll just outside the centre of a largish southern German city, in an area not much frequented by the ubiquitous tourists (except, it turns out, for Chinese - more on this later).

A smallish shop which has in the past just managed to avoid attracting my attention, located near a much larger department store which in its glorious days, now long gone by, would have snatched away any prospective clientèle from said smaller shop. The Zwillinge brand on the smaller shop should have been warning enough to steer well clear, but I ignored it (by accident, perhaps?). A brief look in the shop window reveals a possible gift to my wife, who has recently uttered a subdued muttering that this one brilliant ceramic kitchen knife was not actually a lot, and if I could buy a larger one when I came across it? Also a smaller display of a few of the simpler Victorinox SAKs, including one with the (very touristy) Bavarian flag pattern and coat of arms on it. Didn't think too much of this then - which was a mistake...

Enter the shop. Lots of kitchen knives around. Looking around for the shelf with ceramic knives my eye sweeps over a two-square-meter wall display - and returns back to it - transfixed.

Fast forward ten minutes. Exit the shop one ceramic carving knife and one blue SwissChamp richer - kind of a belated replacement for the black one I must have lost (or got stolen?) about 10 years ago.

The strange thing is... I might have bought the carving knife (in an altogether different shop, likely) but not a Victorinox, had I not stumbled over this forum a few days ago...

I'm certain - it's a plot!

(The cashier had a plasticised leaflet showing a phonetic rendition of frequently used Chinese expressions for things like "No credit", "percent", "sale", "warranty" and such.  :D).
SwissChampBlue.jpg
* SwissChampBlue.jpg (Filesize: 104.08 KB)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:23:46 PM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: May 06, 2021, 09:54:13 AM
Thread necro... was looking for this due to another thread... anyway, price is up now to $180, bet you all feel silly now for not buying one when it still was "cheap" :rofl:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #49 on: May 06, 2021, 11:15:14 AM
Why does the forum warm us when we post to a necro thread    :twak:

It should say: "Woo Hoo - You about the raise a post from the dead - Good Stuff - We love necro threads"    :pok:    :D

PS. Mr E. Woulda felt silly at $120 even sillier at $180 - But it's very pretty - I am am sure it works well!!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: May 06, 2021, 01:49:40 PM
Why does the forum warm us when we post to a necro thread    :twak:

It should say: "Woo Hoo - You about the raise a post from the dead - Good Stuff - We love necro threads"    :pok:    :D
We should make this happen...  :tu:

PS. Mr E. Woulda felt silly at $120 even sillier at $180 - But it's very pretty - I am am sure it works well!!
Honestly, I feel more silly for buying a CRK than this, not to mention for buying a Gerber Downrange Tomahawk... at least it is sorta unique and I get some use out of it.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: May 06, 2021, 04:14:44 PM
Just had a read thru this thread.  Neat tool E  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00