Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG ParaTool “Yellowhorse” (S31YH) Why or Why Not?

us Offline Tigershark

• Name: Jay
Clearly a clash between the standard ParaTool’s “Utility” vs. the “Beauty” that Yellowhorse added with overlays of Ironwood, Turquoise, black jet, coral, sugilite, and sterling silver. Have you ever wondered “Why” though? Out of all of the SOG products, why was the ParaTool chosen? Why wasn’t a fixed blade or folder picked for the Yellowhorse treatment? Personally, I sensed that Spencer Frazer was very proud of the overall success of the ParaTool and felt it deserved recognition. In 2019 during a visit at SOG, Spencer showed me the wooden mock-up of the ParaTool that he used to show engineers it’s unique design and functionality. In 1995 only 250 were offered with a walnut presentation box, which makes them extremely difficult to find today. Regardless, was Spencer genius or not to be the only one to give a multitool this special treatment? Thx for reading this post and I appreciate your response.  Jay

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: SOG ParaTool “Yellowhorse” (S31YH) Why or Why Not?
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 09:20:03 AM
Those Yellowhorse tools and knives are definitely very pretty, too pretty to use IMO.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 12:28:46 PM
I wish I had one of those. When I first started collecting, that was an unobtanium on my wishlist.

I do have a 102 Woodsman Buck Custom however that I found for a steal at a pawn shop of all places. It is a beautiful piece, but then so are all Yellowhorse pieces.

20210508_061431A by Chako, on Flickr

20210508_061448A by Chako, on Flickr

20210508_061456A by Chako, on Flickr

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 03:35:29 PM
I feel the uniqueness of the Paratool made it a great tool for the Yellow Horse treatment.  Sure lots of other SOGs could have been treated to such adornment but I'm loving the Paratool in all its grandeur. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Tigershark

• Name: Jay
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 05:48:17 AM
I wish I had one of those. When I first started collecting, that was an unobtanium on my wishlist.

I do have a 102 Woodsman Buck Custom however that I found for a steal at a pawn shop of all places. It is a beautiful piece, but then so are all Yellowhorse pieces.

20210508_061431A by Chako, on Flickr

20210508_061448A by Chako, on Flickr

20210508_061456A by Chako, on Flickr
I love your Buck Yellowhorse. The customization is similar to a few folders I had customized by David last year.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 12:05:49 PM
Yes. Definitly look related.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68