Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Medium sized SOG with pocket clip?

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Medium sized SOG with pocket clip?
on: April 29, 2021, 10:39:16 PM
So I like my PowerAccess and my Power Pint well enough. They're small to very small tools and they have great utility. I carry my PowerAccess more than any other tool right now. BUT, it's a very minimalist toolset, and I'd really like an OHO blade and a pocket clip on my next SOG. I'd also like it to be a medium sized tool. Basically, I want a PowerPlay with a pocket clip, and less decorative sheet metal. I love my PowerPlay, I reach for it all the time when I'm at home. But it doesn't have a pocket clip, which means I never carry it for EDC. (I can't deal with a sheath). I don't mind carrying big heavy tools in my pocket - I have an MP600 modded with a pocket clip for instance.  The PowerPlay doesn't have a good surface to mount a pocket clip unfortunately, and I'd rather buy a tool that is everything I want rather than modding one anyways.

So, has SOG ever made a medium sized (or even a large-sized) multitool with a pocket clip and an OHO blade?

Charles.

Offline jomeireh1

• New User
Re: Medium sized SOG with pocket clip?
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:59:39 PM
Because they're hit or miss. Some SOG knives are awesome -- others not so much. I personally hate their clips most of all. Kershaw has some cheese ball looking clips but nothing tops SOG's clips.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 05:11:43 AM
I have no problem with the clip on my Power Access. In fact, I rather love the clip and wish more multitools had such a robust, easy to use clip.

Charles.

Offline jomeireh1

• New User
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 12:49:37 PM
Because they're hit or miss. Some SOG knives are awesome -- others not so much. I personally hate their clips most of all. Kershaw has some cheese ball looking clips but nothing LINK REMOVED tops SOG's clips.
Sounds like you want MY dog! Seriously, she ticks all your main boxes, and she's just a herding breed (primarily) mutt from a rural shelter. So I'd suggest to be sure to consider mixes, especially ones between 6-12 months old--at that age you'll be likely to see traits already present/emerging that you want in a dog.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 02:50:58 PM by zoidberg »

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 05:35:59 PM
Sounds like you want MY dog! Seriously, she ticks all your main boxes, and she's just a herding breed (primarily) mutt from a rural shelter. So I'd suggest to be sure to consider mixes, especially ones between 6-12 months old--at that age you'll be likely to see traits already present/emerging that you want in a dog.

I'm confused - what does this post about choosing dogs have to do with "Medium sized SOG with pocket clip" ?   ???

Or is it something to with the "LINK REMOVED" ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 05:49:27 PM
Aye, so am I, but he's right about SOG clips, they're gash.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 07:03:01 PM
The PowerDuo has a OHO blade and is about like having a 111mm SAK with pliers added.  It didn't have a pocket clip but all you'd have to do to add one is unscrew a pivot screw.  They're discontinued because they had bad handle material that didn't hold up, and because I'm the only person in the world that liked them.
 :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD