Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EU VAT exemption for imported items valued under 22 Euro to stop !

dks · 8 · 437

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
July the 1st - Items coming into the EU and declared as having a value of under 22 Euro will now be charged VAT, and will probably have their value verified in some way...

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/modernising-vat-cross-border-ecommerce_en

" the abolition of the current VAT exemption for goods in small consignment of a value of up to EUR 22.   "

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
10 euro processing fee for a 2 euro item...
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
yes, and possibly easier to find falsely declared items.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
yes, and possibly easier to find falsely declared items.

I have to wonder whether the cost of the logistics required for this will cover the amount of VAT achieved. That said it's not unexpected for countries to need to desperately recover the economic losses of the past year. Not sure that this is the correct way though.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
A €39 item costed me €36 extra custom fees last week already  (-_-)

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
A €39 item costed me €36 extra custom fees last week already  (-_-)
I think that doubling the price of items is more likely to cause buyers to reconsider their purchases, or to buy similar locally produced items instead, which, is probably the end goal of the program anyway.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
I think that doubling the price of items is more likely to cause buyers to reconsider their purchases, or to buy similar locally produced items instead, which, is probably the end goal of the program anyway.
I was thinking the same.
But a Swiss Army Knife coming from a Webshop in the UK... :facepalm:

bg Offline DavisNikolov

And what is worse they are forcing some “fair trade” smurf or something similar. Basically your item is 10euro, you’ve payed 10 for it and have documents to prove it BUT if the EU countries can’t make it for less than 20 you’ll pay taxes on 20.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%