Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Diamond file in Leatherman Bond

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Diamond file in Leatherman Bond
on: May 15, 2021, 04:07:27 AM
Figured I would put this mod in this sub forum as well :cheers:

It is in the Leatherman Bond Owners Club but this was an easy mod overall and I wanted to share it here as well :tu:

I actually tried scissors (from Wave/Charge/Blast/Fuse) and diamond file (from a PST II for those taking notes) in the Bond but after taking the lanyard out and adding the scissors I found it to bind the tool a bit and didn't make a great experience for me :ahhh I may try to reorder the tools a bit later and see if I can get it to work more to my liking but for now just the file is staying :cheers:

After getting it apart I compared the 2 files to see what I had to take off with a Dremel :think: you can barely see it but the diamond file is under the Bond file  :salute:

The 2 side by side :cheers:

Surprisingly I only had to cut a tiny bit off at the locking notch because the bigger cut out that is close to the pivot is only there because the Rebars locking tabs are in its way :cheers: The Bond has no such thing in the way and the file fit fairly well after just a tiny bit off the locking notch  :woohoo:

After getting it in though I noticed that the fingernail pull is on the wrong side :facepalm: so I added one to the other side ;)

A bit of refinement in the locking notch and perhaps a little more time on the nail pull would make this much better but I will save that for another day because it works as is and I will perhaps try the refinements if I take it back apart for scissors in the future :salute:

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Diamond file in Leatherman Bond
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 05:19:02 AM
Very nice.  That didn’t take long to start modding.  Hopefully you find a way of doing the scissors that you like.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 06:17:17 AM
Thanks Sos  :hatsoff:

I am hopeful about the scissors :cheers: but the Bond is a great tool either way :tu:

us Offline 4.19.93Waco

Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 06:21:46 AM
Hey Poncho, slightly off topic, but do you have any idea where to source washers for these tools? Or do you just use ones harvested from other Leathermans?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 02:55:30 AM
Sorry for the late reply :oops: I forgot I made a separate thread here :facepalm: :whistle:

I just use one's I have accumulated over the years from mods that didn't need them.back in after a mod :salute:

I don't know of any sources for those thin washers either, sorry :salute:

us Offline 4.19.93Waco

Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 03:26:25 AM
No problem, turns out my local hardware store actually carries them, in brass nonetheless haha! The selection of that store for its size baffles me sometimes.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 04:59:13 AM
That is awesome :o Great to hear :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 05:41:56 PM
Fanned with the file in :woohoo: