Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sebertool M4

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Sebertool M4
on: May 16, 2021, 04:13:39 AM
 I have had the M2 and M3, and they were both pretty beat up. But, these were those with no blades or tools. The M4, as I understand is locking with its fold out tools Decent lengths on its tools as well. It has the tools I need, and pretty robust pliers and tools for its size, but I have some problems. The cutters on my M2 and M3 were no good. The MUCH Cheaper LKL SwissTech Microtool (also American-made) has great ones; and those are easy to find for less than $20, most often less than $10. But, I'm not seeing the $50-70 prices for used, and kinda rough tools.

A guy on eBay has several. Seems that usually they get discounted to $45 not long after I watch one. But then again, I'm cheap and my budget's half that.

So, should I be trying to put more attention to getting a cheap one; or just pick up 3-4 used Leatherman Squirt P4s for the same cost?

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Sebertool M4
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 06:40:41 AM
I have both tools, and I carry a P4 as my EDC.  I find the P4 is smoother/more rounded so more pocket friendly, and the locking mechanism on the M4 can be a bit fiddly.

So yes, get a P4 instead. 

NB  if you are tempted to get a P4S, be aware the the return spring on the scissors is very prone to breaking.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 08:27:57 AM
Both are great tools :cheers: but as Greg said the P4 is the better tool :salute:

Which leads me to my next thought... Why haven't I bought 3 or 4 of them at that price :ahhh :facepalm: :D

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 11:13:46 PM
I'm a big fan of keychain plier tools and have one or more of most of them. Since no one asked, I am going to give you Theo's ranking of keychain plier tools:

SOG Crossgrip
Yeah, yeah, the inside tools kind of suck and the phillips is a bit of a joke and I replaced the file with one from a PS4 but the pliers are just too good. Compound leverage on a keychain tool just makes sense.

LM PS4
Yes, the scissors spring breaks and often breaks soon after you get it. That to me is just not a big problem since they are fully functional to still snip a zip tie or a thread and other than the spring, the scissors themselves are fairly robust.

LM P4
It is more comfortable to carry than the PS4 but since I rarely carry scissors bigger than keychain size it loses out to the PS4. I sharpened up the awl and it is great pokey thing now.

Sebertech M4 / IDL T10
I quite like these tools. The phillips and flat head drivers are very good. The file is decent. The pliers are excellent and would rival the Crossgrip if they had compound leverage.

Sebertech M2 / IDL T5
Pliers are good and strong but hard to get much leverage but for a minimalist keychain plier tool this is a decent package. The philips and flat head are robust. It can definitely handle a lot of minor jobs.

LM Style PS
Fine for travelling but if I have my way I will never fly again.

Swisstech Thingies with the Floppy Arms
They suck.

Gerber Dime
Defective pliers.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 02:24:29 AM
Great mini review of several of the smaller tools, theo :tu: :like: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds