Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dreaming here.....84mm Compact

Nix · 71 · 2410

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Dreaming here.....84mm Compact
Reply #60 on: May 16, 2021, 11:19:24 PM
Blue skies and beach!
Barry

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: May 17, 2021, 05:10:38 AM
Maybe a Farmer X is the answer.......... :rofl:

I've been carrying mine a lot lately.  At four layers and just a bit shy of four ounces, it's not exactly minimalist, but it is a very capable package.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #62 on: May 17, 2021, 04:14:30 PM
I've been carrying mine a lot lately.  At four layers and just a bit shy of four ounces, it's not exactly minimalist, but it is a very capable package.

My favorite SAK.   :tu:

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: May 17, 2021, 04:45:07 PM
:iagree: I wonder how its weight compares to the Executive?  That's a solid little knife.
Funny you mentioned the Executive that’s the other smallish SAK I’ve been looking at- as a MacGyver fan I’m curious about the orange peeler tool  :o

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #64 on: May 17, 2021, 08:18:05 PM
Funny you mentioned the Executive that’s the other smallish SAK I’ve been looking at- as a MacGyver fan I’m curious about the orange peeler tool  :o

The orange peeler tool is useful. Little screw driver, small pry tool, package opener, and...naturally...orange peeler.

Is it a necessity in life?  No.

But the orange peeler is a fun tool that can be pressed into service for many tasks.

And, remember, Chuck Yeager used his Executive as his camping & fishing trip knife. Solid recommendation in my book.

Note: We are planning on running a Chuck Yeager Challenge (Executive Challenge) in December to commemorate the passing of Yeager last year.

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: May 17, 2021, 10:28:36 PM
The orange peeler tool is useful. Little screw driver, small pry tool, package opener, and...naturally...orange peeler.

But the orange peeler is a fun tool that can be pressed into service for many tasks.

And, remember, Chuck Yeager used his Executive as his camping & fishing trip knife. Solid recommendation in my book.

Note: We are planning on running a Chuck Yeager Challenge (Executive Challenge) in December to commemorate the passing of Yeager last year.

(Image removed from quote.)
Cheers Nix! I had no idea about Chuck Yeager using the Executive. Very interesting thank you for sharing this information.
 :cheers:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #66 on: May 17, 2021, 10:32:02 PM
 :like: :like: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

(Image removed from quote.)
Barry

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #67 on: May 18, 2021, 01:02:01 AM
I'm more inclined toward the Compacter.

Maybe a Farmer X is the answer.......... :rofl:
The Farmer X is an awesome SAK option for outdoors.  The ones looking for small and light, may not like it, but it packs a lot of utility in it.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #68 on: May 18, 2021, 01:06:25 AM
 :iagree:

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #69 on: May 19, 2021, 02:17:17 AM
I hiked the John Muir trail in 2011 with a Walker and a Vic Classic and then again in 2016 with a Deluxe Tinker and a Classic. I had the saw for emergencies the first time around and the mini pliers the second time around for messing with my cooking stove/hot lids.

Not sure if either were worth the extra weight but they did inspire confidence each time.

These days when I go day hiking I carry a Farmer X and the Classic is on my keychain. On multiple day hikes I just carry an S18 and it covers just about all my needs.

Not sure what I will do when I finally get to thru hike the PCT  in a couple of more years. The Exec was my plan back in the day but having a saw at high altitudes with crazy weather can be a life saver.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #70 on: May 19, 2021, 02:26:55 AM
I'm a big fan of the Deluxe Tinker.   :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41