Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine jabs yet? MTO's Covid resistance

dks · 299 · 11658

Poll

Have you had your Covid-19 jabs yet?

Yes, both shots (or one for vaccines needing just one)
Yes, only one but I will be getting the second in the future
No, but I will get one
No, I had Covid-19 and was told by a doctor that I do not need to be vaccinated
No, for reasons not covered by the above choices
I have had my 3rd shot (I am ancient)
I was able to get real Covid, so I only needed one shot

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Got my 1st dose of AZ back in the tail end of March and my 2nd is booked for first week of June - Felt a bit rough day after but its all worth it.

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Just got back from my first shot, 6 week wait for the next one :tu: Got the Pfizer.

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
I've had both shots of the Pfizer. Vaccines are open to everyone here down to 12 years old (Pfizer only) for kids.

I've heard the US and A are getting the vaccination program in full speed, with probably one of the biggest daily numbers of vaccines applied, not only in total but in percentage of population.

:tu: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
I'm fully vaccinated now having received my second dose a couple of weeks ago. The worst of it is I've had nerve pain running down my arm that started a couple of days after I got the second shot.  Sometimes I can't lift my arm and it gets worse if I look up, because the pain then goes from shoulder blade to elbow.  I read an article that said sometimes they'll hit a nerve cluster if they give the injection too high up the arm. It should soon pass, I hope.  No other ill affects from the shots, although, I now have a strange desire to buy Microsoft products and I'm compelled to believe that Jeffery Epstein did kill himself.
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I'm fully vaccinated now having received my second dose a couple of weeks ago. The worst of it is I've had nerve pain running down my arm that started a couple of days after I got the second shot.  Sometimes I can't lift my arm and it gets worse if I look up, because the pain then goes from shoulder blade to elbow.  I read an article that said sometimes they'll hit a nerve cluster if they give the injection too high up the arm. It should soon pass, I hope.  No other ill affects from the shots, although, I now have a strange desire to buy Microsoft products and I'm compelled to believe that Jeffery Epstein did kill himself.
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I had a similar thing happen to me after a flu shot years ago.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
I've heard the US and A are getting the vaccination program in full speed, with probably one of the biggest daily numbers of vaccines applied, not only in total but in percentage of population.

:tu: :salute:

It seems they are reaching the point quickly here that where they are unable to give them away any more and seem to think they need to resort to paying people to get the help!????

I just came back from the Grocery Store and a few people were in there Maskless which is enough incentive for me to continue wearing one to say the least.

I just do not understand how it such a burden to wear them and I pretty much can not see either while I am.

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
I had the Astra Zeneca one in March, had flu like symptoms for about a fortnight. Most people only feel rough later the same day they had the vaccine, but not me, typical  ::)

2nd dose booked for early June  :tu:

au Offline Echotech

I had the Astra Zeneca one in March, had flu like symptoms for about a fortnight. Most people only feel rough later the same day they had the vaccine, but not me, typical  ::)

2nd dose booked for early June  :tu:
Me too! Perhaps not that bad but I do sympathize GB

Took me about 10 days until I felt properly well again although only felt really bad for first 48 hours, after that just felt really flat and unmotivated if you like. Woke up last Friday and it was like a weight had been lifted.

Glad I’ve done it though, would (will) do it again even knowing the side effects

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Me too! Perhaps not that bad but I do sympathize GB

Took me about 10 days until I felt properly well again although only felt really bad for first 48 hours, after that just felt really flat and unmotivated if you like. Woke up last Friday and it was like a weight had been lifted.

Glad I’ve done it though, would (will) do it again even knowing the side effects

You're the only other person I've spoken with that has had a similar timespan of symptoms. I, too, am glad I had the jab though. A couple of weeks of discomfort is better than the alternatives  :tu:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Here in the Philippines, I have an appointment to have one next week but it will be the Chinese vaccine named Sinovac. I have the opportunity to get a Moderna shot but it will still be in July.

I'm still torn. It's like being stranded in an island and I will soon need a multi-tool: should I go get a Ganzo ASAP or wait for a Leatherman?  :think:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
MTO Answer:  get both
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

au Offline Echotech

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
I'm still waiting. The process here in the Netherlands has been very slow compared to other European countries :dunno:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Got my 1st dose of AZ back in the tail

You don't have any arms? Your tail is a strange place to get a jab.

england Offline Kev D

I had my first one on the 15th April and it was the Astrazeneca one.  I got a bad headache within 5 minutes of having it that lasted 5 days.

I'm booked in for my 2nd one on Sunday 4th July  :tu:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
You don't have any arms? Your tail is a strange place to get a jab.

C'mon, like that never happened to you...

:pok: :pok:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

ph Offline Zephon

Here in the Philippines, I have an appointment to have one next week but it will be the Chinese vaccine named Sinovac. I have the opportunity to get a Moderna shot but it will still be in July.

I'm still torn. It's like being stranded in an island and I will soon need a multi-tool: should I go get a Ganzo ASAP or wait for a Leatherman?  :think:

Since we’re both in MTO, you know the saying here (Get both lol) - the best tool is the one you have on you when you need it.

Go get em! 👍🏼

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Since we’re both in MTO, you know the saying here (Get both lol) - the best tool is the one you have on you when you need it.

Go get em! 👍🏼

There's actually an ongoing study if its more helpful to get multiple vaccines...I guess it's like wearing two condoms?  :whistle:

It's good that I have the luxury of working from home 100%...and I have been rarely going out of my residence for 14 months already and can continue this arrangement for more months.

What I miss though is carry my knives and tools outside!  :climber:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club

There's actually an ongoing study if its more helpful to get multiple vaccines...I guess it's like wearing two condoms?  :whistle:

It's good that I have the luxury of working from home 100%...and I have been rarely going out of my residence for 14 months already and can continue this arrangement for more months.

What I miss though is carry my knives and tools outside!  :climber:

Miss Though!

:hatsoff:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/

us Offline powernoodle

I got my first Pfizer shot by driving 4 hours to Eastern Kentucky, which was the closest place I could find it at the time.  The second vaccine I secured locally.  Mrs. Powernoodle and 20 year old Powernoodle Jr. got both vaccines (Moderna for Mrs. P., and Pfizer for Jr.) at an enormous, regional vaccination center.  My other son, age 23, got Covid at a super spreader Thanksgiving dinner in 2020, and is not yet vaccinated though he may do so.  He was moderately sick for a week, had strange back pain for several weeks, and continued to test positive for several weeks also. Mrs. P had a 101 degree fever for 2 days after the second dose.

My weak, bedridden 77 year old mother in law in a nursing home refused the vaccine.  She later tested positive for the virus, was segregated for 2 weeks but never showed any symptoms. 

I am no fan of being a vaccination guinea pig, but I fear Covid more than the vaccine.  I know 3 people who were hospitalized with the virus, one of whom it dang near killed, and a 4th person who went to the emergency room but was not admitted.  So I was eager to get that vaccine in me as soon as I could.  I know zero people who suffered serious adverse effects from the virus, so a balancing of risks pushed me to the vaccine.

I continue to be amazed that the pharma industry could create the vaccine and deliver hundreds of millions (billions?) of doses in short order.  I have no idea how they did it.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Had my second shot on Sunday. Absolutely no ill effects from either.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline lnytunes

Got my second Pfizer shot at the end of April. Didn't have any side-effects.

nz Offline Syncop8r

I continue to be amazed that the pharma industry could create the vaccine and deliver hundreds of millions (billions?) of doses in short order.  I have no idea how they did it.
I think some of these vaccines were originally developed in response to previous SARS outbreaks and have been tweaked to suit COVID-19. I could be wrong on that though.  :think:

As far as supply and distribution goes, there are many poorer countries that are missing out as the West has commandeered much of the vaccine stock.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
No
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Not had any yet, I'm classified as at risk by the guidance, but an hour or moving from GP to various other NHS proxies did not seem to get that message to the people that make the list  :rant:

Because of my age, if I have to wait normal pacing for it I'll be lucky to get my first shot before July. I had a scare the other day and so ordered and took my first test yesterday, a bizarre experience.  :think:

I believe I'll be offered the choice of which vaccine, I'm hoping to be able to select Pfizer  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Got my first jab of Pfizer/BioNTech on 14th, next dose will be in Aug  :)
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31