Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Little something came in yesterday evening!

Offline John M. Keiper

Re: Little something came in yesterday evening!
Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 06:11:54 AM
Benchmade screws are fine.  I bought some bulk philips heads from Amazon.  I have a sacrificial piece of steel roughly the same as the handle thickness on most tools and grind them to length.  Generally I center punch and spot with a center drill before drilling.  I have done a dozen or so on various tools now.  Those clips are quite nice.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 09:33:10 AM
Once I swapped to one of the drill bits I already had at home, it drilled easily ::) The one that came with the tap barely scratched the surface though :facepalm: Tapping was going fine until the tap decided to break :ahhh I will get a better brand and I am sure it will do better :salute:

I have done this type of stuff at work before while fixing things but never this small :cheers: My dad has a tap set and I should have just went and saw if he had one that small because he will never drill and tap anything this small :D

:popcorn:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 12:14:40 PM
Benchmade screws are fine.  I bought some bulk philips heads from Amazon.  I have a sacrificial piece of steel roughly the same as the handle thickness on most tools and grind them to length.  Generally I center punch and spot with a center drill before drilling.  I have done a dozen or so on various tools now.  Those clips are quite nice.

I was only looking for T6 heads but Phillios screws will be fine. Thanks for that :salute: :like: also cutting to length via another piece of steel is a great idea sndnI had not thought about that either :salute: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%