Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss mountain Gods bowling.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Swiss mountain Gods bowling.
on: May 26, 2021, 05:06:30 PM
It was night, and the thunderstorm was a typical one for Texas. Violent and loud. The little boy huddled under the blankets and cried, and his grandfather came into the room. The boy was staying at the grandparents home as a vacation, and at 5 years old was for the first time away from home. Another sudden loud peal of thunder sounded, and he cried out.

The comforting feel of the old mans hand on his shoulder brought him out from under the cover, and he looked up at the white bearded old man that had sought him how to shoot in the backyard only the day before with a air rifle.

"Its gonna be okay, pup. It just a bit of thunder and can't hurt you."

"But I'm scared, grandpa!" the boy said to the old man.

The old man just smiled, and then told the boy what the thunder was.

"Hell boy, its just the Swiss mountain Gods bowling. They do that now and then, Here take this and keep it close and it will protect you in case of a big bowling pin falling your way." He reached not his pocket and and held out his little red handled knife with the silver cross on the handle the boy had seen the old man use for all kinds of things. Tightening  a door knob assembly, adjusting the sights on the air rifle he shot, working on a fishing reel. It even had a little scissors on it. The boy had been in wonder at the little pocket knife that seemed to have so many uses. He reached out and took it and held it tight.

"It will protect me from the thunder?" he asked the old man.

"Sure it will. If you have a Swiss Army knife on you, the Swiss Mountain Gods that are up there making all that racket bowling, will make sure the pins don't fall on you. You hang onto that and see." The Oldman told the boy.

Just then a long rumbling sounded and a big boom of a lightning strike not far away, The little boy flinched.

"See?" the old man said, "It was a good one and nothing happened to you did it?"

"No, grandpa, it didn't." said the boy.

Another long rumble and a boom, and the old man looked down on the boy and said; "That sounded like a strike to me. "

The little boy grined and held the little knife in his fist. The old man tucked the boy in and sat there with his hand on the boys shoulder for comfort. Then another long peal of thunder and a boom and then the boy said; "That sound like a strike to you, grandpa?"

"Sure did, pup. You keep a hold of that Swiss Army Knife and nothing will get ya. "

The boy relaxed, and even as the storm moved off, he fell back asleep with the little red knife grasped in his hand, sure that the Swiss Mountain Gods would watch over him. The old man got up carefully and moved off to the bedroom door where his wide had stood watching.

"You're an old con man, aren't you? she asked smiling at the man she'd been married to for decades.

'Oh I don't know about that. Nothing has happened to him while he's been hanging onto that knife. Maybe if there are any Swiss mountain Gods, they'll look out a bit."

The boy slept on, with the red handle knife in his little fist.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Swiss mountain Gods bowling.
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 05:46:36 PM
Cute little story, I wish that worked for our one dog we had, thunder or firecrackers and that dog would be going nuts and all over mom! This guy on the other hand forget it, we were so worried but nothing bother him, that is unless you bring out the vacuum, then he’ll take off, or just hold something really stupid, he’ll start barking at you,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 07:55:52 PM
Cute story.

As a little kid, I remember being told that Thunderstorms were God and the angels bowling.  Just the story alone provided some comfort,  but the added element of the SAK was cute.

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 08:55:25 PM
Nice and cute story!

When my boy was at age of 4 to 5, I told to him that the thunder was caused by Thor hitting a giant with his hammer.
Thunderstorms (with a lot of lightnings) are very commom here.

Swiss gods playing bowl is very good story.

(You have the gift of storytelling, cb!)

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

nl Offline EMZ

Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 11:29:39 PM
Nice story!
Did you ever return the SAK to your grandfather...?  :D

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 05:07:16 AM
Great story sir!  I've always enjoyed them.  It was a story of yours a few years ago that lead me to go find that old Classic of mine that was packed away. 
Barry

br Offline RicardoBorges

• Truth, Love, Reason, Merit... Camões
Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 06:32:27 AM
It was night, and the thunderstorm was a typical one for Texas. Violent and loud. The little boy huddled under the blankets and cried, and his grandfather came into the room. The boy was staying at the grandparents home as a vacation, and at 5 years old was for the first time away from home. Another sudden loud peal of thunder sounded, and he cried out.

The comforting feel of the old mans hand on his shoulder brought him out from under the cover, and he looked up at the white bearded old man that had sought him how to shoot in the backyard only the day before with a air rifle.

"Its gonna be okay, pup. It just a bit of thunder and can't hurt you."

"But I'm scared, grandpa!" the boy said to the old man.

The old man just smiled, and then told the boy what the thunder was.

"Hell boy, its just the Swiss mountain Gods bowling. They do that now and then, Here take this and keep it close and it will protect you in case of a big bowling pin falling your way." He reached not his pocket and and held out his little red handled knife with the silver cross on the handle the boy had seen the old man use for all kinds of things. Tightening  a door knob assembly, adjusting the sights on the air rifle he shot, working on a fishing reel. It even had a little scissors on it. The boy had been in wonder at the little pocket knife that seemed to have so many uses. He reached out and took it and held it tight.

"It will protect me from the thunder?" he asked the old man.

"Sure it will. If you have a Swiss Army knife on you, the Swiss Mountain Gods that are up there making all that racket bowling, will make sure the pins don't fall on you. You hang onto that and see." The Oldman told the boy.

Just then a long rumbling sounded and a big boom of a lightning strike not far away, The little boy flinched.

"See?" the old man said, "It was a good one and nothing happened to you did it?"

"No, grandpa, it didn't." said the boy.

Another long rumble and a boom, and the old man looked down on the boy and said; "That sounded like a strike to me. "

The little boy grined and held the little knife in his fist. The old man tucked the boy in and sat there with his hand on the boys shoulder for comfort. Then another long peal of thunder and a boom and then the boy said; "That sound like a strike to you, grandpa?"

"Sure did, pup. You keep a hold of that Swiss Army Knife and nothing will get ya. "

The boy relaxed, and even as the storm moved off, he fell back asleep with the little red knife grasped in his hand, sure that the Swiss Mountain Gods would watch over him. The old man got up carefully and moved off to the bedroom door where his wide had stood watching.

"You're an old con man, aren't you? she asked smiling at the man she'd been married to for decades.

'Oh I don't know about that. Nothing has happened to him while he's been hanging onto that knife. Maybe if there are any Swiss mountain Gods, they'll look out a bit."

The boy slept on, with the red handle knife in his little fist.

Great tale, Sir. Great tale!!!

:like: :like: :like:

:hatsoff:

Greetings from Brazil!!!
Greetings from Brazil!!!

Erros meus, má fortuna, amor ardente (My mistakes, bad fortune, burning love) Camões

nz Offline Storm

Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 11:08:10 AM
Nice story!
Did you ever return the SAK to your grandfather...?  :D
He IS the grandfather. Our CBL is a long established master of enthralling(and enlightening) yarns both here and on other forums. We're lucky to have him., as are his kids and grandkids :hatsoff:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 03:20:46 PM
I'll second that!  He and his stories are what moved me to carry the pocket SAKs...along with my wife's experiences with hers.
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD