Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Knife designed in England & made in China..............

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
  Although I no longer "accumulate" knives,somehow they seem to be attracted to me. Last week on the way to do some paint work on a vintage race car,I passed by a yard sale and something told me to turn around and check it out.
Went back and found two knives,a multi-tipped key chain screwdriver,and a telescoping ball point pen with 3 additional refills. All were made by the same company(True Utility) and all were packaged in an unusual watertight plastic case with a snap lock.
   What is unusual about the larger of the two knives is it is a multi-tool of sorts.The tab to flip the blade open is also a screwdriver blade. Opposite that is a cap lifter built into the frame.On the top rear of the frame is a seat belt cutting blade and at the extreme rear is a spring-loaded clip to attach the knife to a belt loop.
   The frame is cut out in graduations that serve as wrenches from 4mm to 12mm.There is a graduated ruler on the side of the handle in centimeters. The main reason I bought them was they were $1 apiece!
   What I find strange about the knife is it is a liner lock and I was under the impression that locking blade knives were not permitted in England. I am assuming that it was designed for the English market due to the metric wrench sizes and centimeter graduations. Can anyone vouch for this? Also has anyone ever heard of the company?
TrueUtilityToolSmartKnife$1.JPG
* TrueUtilityToolSmartKnife$1.JPG (Filesize: 53.18 KB)
TrueUtilityToolSkeletonKnife$1.JPG
* TrueUtilityToolSkeletonKnife$1.JPG (Filesize: 48.11 KB)
TrueUtilityTool MiniDriver$1.JPG
* TrueUtilityTool MiniDriver$1.JPG (Filesize: 51.55 KB)
TrueUtilityToolTelescopingPen&Refills$1.JPG
* TrueUtilityToolTelescopingPen&Refills$1.JPG (Filesize: 56.56 KB)

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Re: Knife designed in England & made in China..............
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 07:53:23 AM
Here is a better picture of the knife in question..............
TrueUtilitySmartKnife1.jpg
* TrueUtilitySmartKnife1.jpg (Filesize: 152.04 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 08:05:25 AM
The metric system is used worldwide (SI system) with a few exceptions. Not just in the UK.

From Wikipedia: "...., a total of seven countries had not "adopted the metric system as their exclusive system of measurement". They are: Federated States of Micronesia, Liberia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Palau, Samoa and the United States"

The UK is using the metric system, though the imperial units are also being used, unofficially.
True utility products are generally found worldwide.

Regarding the UK, there are situations where a locking blade is allowed

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:10:14 AM
I certainly know True Utility and have the same pen, it’s pretty decent IMO, can’t vouch for any of the other items

They make quite a few different edc things and have been around for some time, the boxes are really good, have heard some joke that they’re better than the content! Which I suspect is rather unfair

:cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 11:46:03 AM
I certainly know True Utility and have the same pen, it’s pretty decent IMO, can’t vouch for any of the other items

They make quite a few different edc things and have been around for some time, the boxes are really good, have heard some joke that they’re better than the content! Which I suspect is rather unfair

:cheers:

I said that. It was no joke, you should know by now I'm awlways serious in my statements!

:twak: :twak:

Here, check these posts:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,84310.msg2231713.html#msg2231713

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,83570.msg2134359.html#msg2134359

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 12:02:48 PM
I said that. It was no joke, you should know by now I'm awlways serious in my statements!

:twak: :twak:

Here, check these posts:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,84310.msg2231713.html#msg2231713

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,83570.msg2134359.html#msg2134359
Haha indeed, I remember now…the boxes are pretty good though, only have the pen so perhaps luckily not in the position to comment further :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%