Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What’s on your wish list?

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
on: May 21, 2021, 12:04:16 AM
There may already be a thread like this but I thought I’d share my opinions and tools I want to get in the near future!  :D
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline Captain Hook

Re: What’s on your wish list?
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 12:13:29 AM
I’m looking forward to getting a Leatherman Bond and Victorinox pioneer. I have two soldiers (One Wenger and one Victorinox) I really like the tool set but I’m afraid of breaking or dropping them because they’re collectible. And the Wenger is dear to me because of it being a 98 (my birth year) Also as far as the Bond goes I think it’s the only plier based tool worth buying right now. It has the same tool set as my PST, which I’ve been holding onto and carrying because I was holding out for Leatherman to give us the modern rendition of it. Now that a new version of my favorite tool of all time has been released I can safely say that my PST will be getting shelved and placed in retirement soon. I’ve collected a bunch of different multi tools, but looking back I’ve only ever really HAD TO HAVE the basics! Rotating out the different models is fun but when it comes down to it I just need some screwdrivers, a knife, and sometimes when I’m working or fishing-some pliers.
I’m finding myself falling out of love with the Celidor  models because of what a pain in the neck it is when I go to swap scales and they don’t stay ON!!! :rant: So needless to say I’m firmly an Alox man now. I have a Farmer in my pocket as I write this rant/wish list. So what are your thoughts and what tool are you looking at getting? ::)
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 11:58:23 AM
The list is to long for me :ahhh Several models of LM I am always on the look out for if I can find a good deal on them :salute:

I really have all the SAKs on my list but I could and probably will add more over the years  :facepalm: :rofl:

I hunt for an expensive tool for cheap is what keeps me looking :salute: :tu:

nl Offline nitram

Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 12:54:45 PM
Not much to wish for, I’m very happy with the tools I have. Except for an old cross Pioneer. Did you read that, Mechy? Old cross Pioneer  :pok:  :angel:

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 01:20:27 PM
:think: off the top of my head

Soldier Models 1890 & 1901, unobtanium unfortunately but would settle for a mod 1908 variant 1 (nickel liners)

Wenger Giant :drool: as that’s well out of my price range if I even saw one for sale a VIC XAVT or the new replacement maybe

Vic Pioneer mod 1957 :ahhh

Swiss Railway mod 61 Black Beauty

When it comes to things a bit easier the new LM Bond and perhaps finish my LM Juice collection, 3 to go (XE6, KF4, Pro)

Mod 1908 with both date and P stamp, got a P and half a dozen with dates, there’s one on eBay going tonight so we’ll see :popcorn: (edit: well and truly outbid, next time!)

Vic Cadet LE 2015, ribbed cadet with file (got clip point and spear point versions), red ribbed cadet, cadet 5 colors series

Quite fancy the Benchmark 319 too

Always on the lookout for Australian army knives with about 5 or 6 still on the wishlist

Reading the Wenger collector’s guide about 100 more :twak:

I’m bound to think of more but that lot’s a good start :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 01:47:04 PM by Echotech »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 02:18:45 PM
Farmer X Alox for me  :tu:

sd Offline Andetto

• Am old school, I still believe in respect.
Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 03:14:43 PM
Buck 110 legacy folding hunter 2021
Regards
Andetto

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 03:41:04 PM
Wow Echotech that’s a list! Come to think of it if I’m being specific, I want to get a black pioneer with red shield. But I might just cheat and buy the run of the mill all black one and paint the shield red >:D :angel:
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

se Offline RF52

Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 09:33:09 PM
Hinderer XM-18 but that will be a long time till I can afford one and find one.

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

au Offline Echotech

Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 02:04:46 AM
Wow Echotech that’s a list! Come to think of it if I’m being specific, I want to get a black pioneer with red shield. But I might just cheat and buy the run of the mill all black one and paint the shield red >:D :angel:
Yes, well :whistle: Friday evening with a few beers in me :)

Often threads like this one ask for models in production but as this didn’t…

Tbh I’m really happy with my current collection of SAKs, MTs and knives but as I’ve a mixture of users and ones for the collection, thought I’d dwell on the collection…happy to be PM’d by anyone who’s one of them to sell or swap :tu:

Red shield black pioneer’s have become hard to find, I managed to get one fairly recently, not in perfect condition but that doesn’t really worry me.
The hunt is a big part of the fun, best of luck, I’m sure one will turn up for you eventually :cheers:

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 02:22:01 AM
For now, it's a few 111mm SAKs

I got me Grail knife in the last year or two - a nonserrated OHT.  In the beginning I was disappointed because the one-handed operation just wasn't  :facepalm:

But then putting it into practical use (not just sitting in my chair fidgeting with it), I paid far less attention to how it opener and closed, and more attention to how it functioned.   :2tu:

I decided it was the knife I always wanted and didn't know about.  I soon acquired a 2 layer model with a corkscrew.  Now I want a 2 layer model with a two-hand opening blade, And I want ... etc etc....
I want an Adventurer, Hercules, and Forrester,

I'm holding off until a moment of weakness because these 111mm models are always chosen for situations (camps, barbecues, etc) ... not for EDC.  And I just don't have all that many situations these days. 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 02:28:26 AM
Finally picked up a Workchamp.  Its been a couple weeks now but I'm still  :woohoo:

I also would like a few more 111s.  Hercules, Rescue Tool ( again ), and ??.  Its a series I hadn't really spent much time pondering since I was very happy with my 91mms. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 05:28:27 AM
Finally picked up a Workchamp.  Its been a couple weeks now but I'm still  :woohoo:

I also would like a few more 111s.  Hercules, Rescue Tool ( again ), and ??.  Its a series I hadn't really spent much time pondering since I was very happy with my 91mms.
The Locksmith looks like a cool one to take a look at
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline pipedreams

• Improvisational Engineer
Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 05:38:00 PM
I’m still trying to finish up the Leatherman By the Numbers collection.
-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 07:08:25 PM
I guess I'll be happy once I get a Work Champ or Hercules, and a Swiss Tool or Swiss Spirit.  However, I really don't depend on inanimate objects for my happiness, so I'll probably be happy even if I don't get them. Today I won the bid on one I've specifically wanted to hold in my hand, a Skipper, but I doubt I will keep it long.

I'm a catch-and-release collector.....

Beyond that, I would like a Buck 110 of nearly any variation, maybe a 112 as well, perhaps a Mora, and maybe a nice Kershaw assisted opening model of some description. Then some kind of practical, not overly expensive, bowie knife. But hey, I'm a happy man. I'm sitting on 400-600 knives and selling them as I go. And I have much greater things to be happy about than these fun tools and toys.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 01:47:29 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: May 24, 2021, 04:01:09 PM
The Locksmith looks like a cool one to take a look at

:tu:.  Thats a good one.  I dont see many at the flea market which is where I buy most if not all my tools.  Guess its part of my fun too.  I never know what I'll see. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD