Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Please Recommend an inexpensive small right angle flashlight

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Hi folks.
I am looking for a nice little right-angle torch.
I saw a great one, which took a single AAA battery, but it is discontinued I guess, since it's no longer on Amazon.
I've seen a few that seem good, but I do not want a weird specific battery type, and the rechargeable ones are pretty pricey.
I do not mind few features or modes. Just on and off are enough for me. Maybe low/high if available, or even more, if the price is right.

If anyone can recommend a good option it would be appreciated.
Thanks! :salute:

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
What about something like this? Very simple with a twist head so you can choose to have right angle or normal flashlight.
https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-NICRON-Waterproof-Including-Batteries%EF%BC%89Gift/dp/B07FFKJVT1

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
I can support the N7, had one for a couple years and it's a very versatile light that can take a lithium if you want it to. Magnet on the base and twisting head make it very useful as a single carry or bag light.

Manker make some good budget level right angle lights, what's your price point?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!

Manker make some good budget level right angle lights
I have the E03H(AA), and I think there's a E02(AAA).
The E03H is kind of chunky to me, but it works well. :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• No Life Club
I have the E03H(AA), and I think there's a E02(AAA).
The E03H is kind of chunky to me, but it works well. :cheers:

I've always wanted to pick a manker right angle up but never got around to it, my right angles are:

Olight H1 nova (upgraded to H1R with upgrade kit)-This was my daily driver working nightshifts outside, love it
Zebralight... I don't know what model but I've had since '14 and it takes a AA
Nicron N7 twistable
Armytek Wizard Pro II
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

I've always wanted to pick a manker right angle up but never got around to it, my right angles are:

Olight H1 nova (upgraded to H1R with upgrade kit)-This was my daily driver working nightshifts outside, love it
Nicron N7 twistable
Armytek Wizard Pro II

My Olight H1R is also one of my favorite lights, but not really cheap around here (I got lucky and found mine at - 30% discount).

• No Life Club
My Olight H1R is also one of my favorite lights, but not really cheap around here (I got lucky and found mine at - 30% discount).

I got the standard one in Dec 16, I think it ran me £40-£50 maybe? I find the price of things nowadays... excessive but maybe my mind just hasn't kept up with inflation.

I love the look of the Perum mini, the morale patch system is genius and I wants it, but alas it's not even winter anymore to justify it and I don't work nights anymore.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
I have a bunch of RA lights but none that I would consider to be inexpensive either.
I just do not buy cheap lights anymore as they are usually not worth any investment to me and I would rather spend enough for quality to have no regerts later. :dunno:

I have both of the small Manker in AA and AAA sizes and they are really pretty amazing for the size and price to me but YMMV of course.

The Olight was a fav too but it chews through batteries for the levels that it offers and mine is a 123 light so no cheap rechargeables either.

All of my others are twice the price of the Manker or more too so......

• No Life Club
I have a bunch of RA lights but none that I would consider to be inexpensive either.
I just do not buy cheap lights anymore as they are usually not worth any investment to me and I would rather spend enough for quality to have no regerts later. :dunno:

I have both of the small Manker in AA and AAA sizes and they are really pretty amazing for the size and price to me but YMMV of course.

The Olight was a fav too but it chews through batteries for the levels that it offers and mine is a 123 light so no cheap rechargeables either.

All of my others are twice the price of the Manker or more too so......

What do you mean by no cheap rechargeables? I grabbed a couple RCR123as for my H1 for a pretty reasonable price and ran it that way for a couple years before I got the upgrade kit. Heck you can get a pair of the proprietary 123s for $19 on Amazon right now

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
What do you mean by no cheap rechargeables? I grabbed a couple RCR123as for my H1 for a pretty reasonable price and ran it that way for a couple years before I got the upgrade kit. Heck you can get a pair of the proprietary 123s for $19 on Amazon right now

I mean that the O.P. asked about AA or AAA lights which can run Eneloop cheap rechargeables.

I just like but dont love the Olight and didnt want to spend the money to feed it that way in the end.

I have also been using the Sofirn that I bought for under $30 with the included 18650 and it is a lot of Headlamp/RA light for the money for sure too!

us Offline cody6268

Re: Please Recommend an inexpensive small right angle flashlight
Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 03:39:05 AM
Pretty much anything that ain't AA/AAA is a hard pass for me. My only ones that aren't are all Olights; the integrated I1R and I1R2, as well as the CR123A (rechargeable) S1R Baton II. While I love the old-school C&D cell Maglites; they weigh a ton.   In fact, I put a 3D in my truck to serve as a tire club and well, baton.  :twak:

I've used the heck out of a Streamlight Sidewinder, and it's really taken the abuse. It was a work light for about two years, but has become a "go to the bathroom" light as it has a very low "low" at 7 lumens.  Dropped, probably ran over when it fell off the MOLLE strap of my pack, knocked around, stepped on, gotten wet, launched off the bed when left on top of the covers, and thrown/slammed in a couple of fits of rage. But, it still goes on. While about $60-80 new from most dealers, they're $25-30 as military surplus.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/sidewinder

There's also a new cheaper "Boot" model of the Sidewinder, which is just $25-ish MSRP. I actually like this one a lot better. The rotary switch does give me headaches occasionally, and the small cable used to retain the butt-end battery cover is just infuriating to get back on sometimes. Plus, I felt the IR feature was useless (which it is); and I rarely ever used the blue bulb (but it's good for some stuff. This model, which apparently replaces the fancier Sidewinder for most military issue, has just a slide-in red filter that is not a separate LED. BUT, I noticed Amazon reviews seem to hint at it being made of much cheaper plastic; as unlike the Sidewinder, it is made overseas. Seems there are lots of issues with cracked plastic at connection points--right out of the box.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/sidewinder-boot

This one was recommended to me here some time ago. It's really decent for the money; but I didn't pay $12. Thikning $7-ish at the time. Of the three I listed, honestly, this one is my favorite. It's simple, durable, and the magnet makes it great for a lot of stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Magnetic-Flashlight-Multi-Use-Batteries/dp/B06XB9KPK8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=energizer+right+angle+flashlight&qid=1623461322&s=hi&sr=1-3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:45:09 AM by cody6268 »

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 03:33:12 PM
Sofirm has some, not AA/AAA but they use regularish batteries, and have charging, Around 15 to 20 USD

Their shipping has been pretty bad lately for me

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 11:17:02 AM
What about something like this? Very simple with a twist head so you can choose to have right angle or normal flashlight.
https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-NICRON-Waterproof-Including-Batteries%EF%BC%89Gift/dp/B07FFKJVT1

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

That's the first thing that showed up in my search, and to be honest, it's quite intriguing. It is certainly inexpensive. But it is a bit big. :think:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 11:20:07 AM
I can support the N7, had one for a couple years and it's a very versatile light that can take a lithium if you want it to. Magnet on the base and twisting head make it very useful as a single carry or bag light.

Manker make some good budget level right angle lights, what's your price point?

I'll think about the N7 then. Thanks!

The Manker E03H II is $35 USD.  :think: I guess that's understandable. It is a good size and 600 lumens. It might be what I end up with.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 11:23:27 AM

Nicron N7 twistable
Armytek Wizard Pro II

Can't find that Olight. There is a nicelittle Olight, the Perun Mini, but I only see it bundled with other lights.
The Armytek Wizard Pro II is $80. That's a bit much for me.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 11:29:02 AM
Oh, hello. MANKER E02H, one AAA. $30. Not too shabby.  :like:

Sofirn SP40 Rechargeable Headlamp. Jesus Christ, 1200 Lumens? $33?  :ahhh

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 01:52:58 PM
Oh, hello. MANKER E02H, one AAA. $30. Not too shabby.  :like:

Sofirn SP40 Rechargeable Headlamp. Jesus Christ, 1200 Lumens? $33?  :ahhh
Like I said I have both of these as well as the bigger Manker which is a whole lot more light for about the same cost and I would not hesitate to say that I would buy each of them again too!

I have been using the Sofirn every day for work in one of my trucks and an Armytek in the other truck and I think I prefer the Sofirn honestly too though I also did not pay $80 for the Army for sure,found it on sale.

Mine are all in Warm Tint too which I far prefer for working with wiring which is what I do mostly.
The Sofirn is way to warm and really more like Yellow but far better even so for me than an angry blue tint still!

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 05:11:10 PM
How about a Fenix HM50R?  Can be used as a right angle torch or headlamp.

I don’t have that model, but have a number of Fenix lights that have served me well.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 06:57:46 PM
How about a Fenix HM50R?  Can be used as a right angle torch or headlamp.

I don’t have that model, but have a number of Fenix lights that have served me well.

I also have 2 Fenix HL50 which are really nice and can use a AA or 123 but they are not cheap either.

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: June 13, 2021, 09:13:20 PM
Can't find that Olight. There is a nicelittle Olight, the Perun Mini, but I only see it bundled with other lights.
The Armytek Wizard Pro II is $80. That's a bit much for me.

Oh this was more tangential than anything, the Wizard Pro is also an 18650 which isn't small at all, especially when head mounted.

I believe the H1 Nova was succeeded by the Perun mini, the morale set up is really cool. When you say bundled with other lights are you talking about the Olight store? I'm not sure what retailers you can use down under  :dunno:

it Offline Stefano

Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 11:32:53 PM
Hi
In Italy this light is sold. it is cheap, it seems acceptable.
It is also on sale on amazon.uk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EverBrite-Flashlight-Waterproof-Portable-Rechargeable/dp/B076FPMMRL
it has the magnetic base and also the UV light

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD