Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Military Discount

Offline cnlson

Leatherman Military Discount
on: October 20, 2021, 07:08:39 AM
At 24 years old, I had been in the USAR for a 4 years to pay off college loans. Back then Uncle would give you 10% of the total of your student loans each year you served. Then in August of '90 Iraq decided make my enlistment a little more interesting. I was called up for desert storm, spent 6 months active, 4 months in a war zone, saw some stuff that I didn't want to see and came home. That 4 months has been valuable for a lot of things besides the 60% of my student loans it paid off. In addition to making house loans cheap, free meals on veterans day, and 10% off at lowes and HD, I've also found some bonafide good deals and Leatherman is one of the companies that really recognizes vets. For those that have served they offer a 40% discount on up to 3 items a year.

https://www.leatherman.com/military-discount.html

the fine print:
Verification required. Military Discount applies to active duty, reserve, veteran and retired members of any branch of the U.S. Military with proper credentials. Verification to be completed by our partner, SheerID and may take a few hours. If eligible, you will receive your discount code via email from our partner SheerID. One-time use code is valid for 40% discount; limit of 1 code to be provided to each eligible person every 365 days, in each case subject to verification via SheerID platform. Exclusions apply, including but not limited to gift cards, limited edition items, and apparel products. Limit 3 discounted items per order. Available only on www.leatherman.com. Code expires December 31, 2021. To redeem the discount, code must be entered at checkout in the “have a promo code" area. Offer applies to original multi-tool price and custom add-on features only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No adjustments will be made to prior purchases. Purchases made with this offer are not eligible for future price adjustments. Leatherman reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion at any time. Use of this promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, except where prohibited by law.

i had to upload a dd214, since my service predates the record system sheerid uses, but I got approved in under an hour.

I bought a heritage charge+ a pocket clip and a ratchet driver for $110 +tax

In desert storm I carried a PST, The main blade dulled so fast it could have been a butter knife, but when I got back and sent it in, They sharpened it, got the sand grit out of it and sent it back with a thank you, the first thanks for my service I ever got.
I have carried at least one Leatherman every day since.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I searched the entire forum so hopefully this is news to some and ok to post. I am sure I'm not the only person that is a Vet on this forum so hopefully it comes in handy for more than just me.

And now for a couple of sandbox pics. Yes, back in the day I did like the grateful dead, or rather my girlfriend did. And yes I am in MOPP 3, That is the day we went north for the ground war, we waited until dark and drove with no lights using NV. My truck is a water truck, 1200 gallons (11,000# of water) Our company was NBC (nuclear bio chem) decon and luckily all we did was follow 3rd Armor around the desert and watch them blow stuff up. And no we didn't get sand colored uniforms until we shipped home, and our green trucks stuck out in the desert and they never got painted.
Photograph (2) 800.jpg
* Photograph (2) 800.jpg (Filesize: 101.14 KB)
Copy of Photograph (4).jpg
* Copy of Photograph (4).jpg (Filesize: 202.2 KB)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:53:31 AM by cnlson »

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Military Discount
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 08:15:34 AM
Thank you for your service.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 10:01:26 AM
 :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 12:33:34 PM
Thank you for your service and great story :tu:

Glad you are getting the discount as you earned it :cheers: :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 01:56:45 PM
Thanks for the info and also your service   :salute:

Love the Dead stickers on the windshield and the name on your truck   :D

Welcome to the forum !   :cheers:

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 04:04:11 PM
i had to upload a dd214, since my service predates the record system sheerid uses, but I got approved in under an hour.

I was surprised at how quickly I was verified with no proof (other than the info on the form). I got my code in about 1 minute.  I served around the same time as you too.  I must have done something after I got out to get added to their list.   :think:

Also, welcome to the forum!  :salute:

Offline cnlson

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 10:21:30 PM
the name on your truck   :D
It was inspired by Ken Kesey's psychedelic bus "further"

I served around the same time as you too. 
  are you from SD? I'm in Sioux Falls and was attached to 323 Chem CO.

Alan K., Poncho65, Zephon, Thanks very much!

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 10:31:38 PM
  are you from SD? I'm in Sioux Falls and was attached to 323 Chem CO.

The SD in my forum name stands for San Diego.  I served in a different branch than you too (hint: I flew a chair during the Gulf War).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%