Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bibury 21 in 1 with wire stripper head

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Bibury 21 in 1 with wire stripper head
on: May 30, 2021, 08:21:58 PM
Bibury 21 in 1

HyperTough Electrician Multi Tool

The HyperTough has a decent wire stripper head, but the rest of the tools are somewhat smurfy.

The Bibury 21 in 1 has a decent set of tools, none of them are inside opening, and its plier head and the HyperTough wire stripper head are approximately the same size.

Fellow member Hvac budget posted a review of the HyperTough in the Cheap and Cheerful subforum a couple of days ago and mentioned his desire of installing the wire stripper onto the Bibury. Since I have both MTs and have delusions of being a modder, I decided that I would attempt this modification:

No, this is not a Bear & Son 155EL

Being that this is my first attempt at modding, it was an experience  :D
My grinding work looks crude. I still need to work on the spacers. The handles don't quite line up when closed. But it does work.

One thing different I would do is use a different donor wire stripper.The HyperTough cutting edge, while greater in length than the Bear 155EL, is too short to efficiently cut Romex wire.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Bibury 21 in 1 with wire stripper head
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 11:45:15 AM

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Adam5

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 08:35:32 PM
It looks great to me :salute: Good job merging the 2 of those into a better tool :like: The grinding can be cleaned up but as long as it is funtional, then job accomplished :woohoo: :like:

Offline Hvac budget

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 03:46:56 AM

Love the modded Bibury! Just curious what tools you used to enlarge the hyper tough wire stripper head pivot holes?  Also what thicker spacers did you find that fit the Biburys larger plier pivot bolts?  Great job.  I have mine torn apart and am in the process of molding the two together as well.

us Offline Adam5

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 03:50:54 AM
It looks great to me :salute: Good job merging the 2 of those into a better tool :like: The grinding can be cleaned up but as long as it is funtional, then job accomplished :woohoo: :like:

Thanks!

us Offline Adam5

Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 03:57:47 AM
Love the modded Bibury! Just curious what tools you used to enlarge the hyper tough wire stripper head pivot holes?  Also what thicker spacers did you find that fit the Biburys larger plier pivot bolts?  Great job.  I have mine torn apart and am in the process of molding the two together as well.

I used a rotary tool and a diamond coated bit. It would be easier to do with a drill press and a 7/32" drill bit.

I sanded down a couple of nylon spacers I picked up from Home Depot. When I get a drill press, I plan to drill out the spacers from the Hyper Tough MT. My nylon spacers are not quite the same width, and so my handles don't quite match up.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%