Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need help bidding on ebay auction

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Need help bidding on ebay auction
on: June 24, 2021, 10:22:06 AM
Hi everyone

I just found a vintage 84mm SAK on Ebay that I'd like to try to get but as I'm in the UK I'm being blocked from bidding, could I please ask if there's anyone here who would be willing to help me?

The seller has it listed as a 1950's - 1960's 84mm craftsman but from the tool selection it seems to be a artisan/ fieldmaster small, it's in rough shape but I'm hoping if it goes cheap enough to send to Victorinox for repairs. The listing is ending in about 16 hours so I hope if anyone is willing to help they reply soon so we can hammer out the details.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164918154064?hash=item2665e35350:g:aLYAAOSwNjZgy-71&autorefresh=true     

P.S If anyone on the forum is interested in it already then I'll of course back off.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:49:30 AM by Cauldronborn »

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Re: Need help bidding on ebay auction
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 10:49:28 AM
I’d be happy to help, but it looks like the seller only ships to the US, so a US member would be your best option to help you out  :salute:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 10:51:46 AM
Thanks anyway mate, I appreciate the offer anyway.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 11:29:28 AM
Sent you a pm

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 11:45:27 AM
HI Sos24 I just sent you a PM

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 12:07:54 PM
Hi everyone

I just found a vintage 84mm SAK on Ebay that I'd like to try to get but as I'm in the UK I'm being blocked from bidding, could I please ask if there's anyone here who would be willing to help me?

The seller has it listed as a 1950's - 1960's 84mm craftsman but from the tool selection it seems to be a artisan/ fieldmaster small, it's in rough shape but I'm hoping if it goes cheap enough to send to Victorinox for repairs. The listing is ending in about 16 hours so I hope if anyone is willing to help they reply soon so we can hammer out the details.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164918154064?hash=item2665e35350:g:aLYAAOSwNjZgy-71&autorefresh=true     

P.S If anyone on the forum is interested in it already then I'll of course back off.

You saw it first, I don't think anyone here would outbid you. As per repair, Vic always gives you an estimate on the repair. From my experience, it's not too expensive. Hope you get it!

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 12:41:28 PM
Did you get it?

Really beaten up SAK - I'd say almost beyond repair - Pretty much every tool is seriously damaged and all the liners are broken.

It's an early 60's model and around that time it was known as the Craftsman in the US

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 04:23:41 PM
Hi everyone

Yes Sos24 managed to get it for me for a whopping $13.50 plus postage/shipping, likely total looks to be about $36, I know it seems pretty damaged but I think it seems worth saving, I'm confident that Victorinox can manage to repair it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%