Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ICON by Harbor Freight

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
ICON by Harbor Freight
on: June 30, 2021, 06:16:40 PM
Been looking at thinking about trying some of the new Icon Professional line sold by Harbor Freight Tools. I don't like where they are made, but I figured they're worth a try.  My opinion of most Harbor Freight tools is that they're good as backups, or building kits, or that one tool you're gonna probably use no more than once in your lifetime, but that's about it.  There is the Snap On, Mac, and Matco trucks; but most Proto and S&K has to be specially ordered. I cannot buy either locally. While some industrial supply stores carry odd assortments of the lines, it's usually "special order" at an inflated price.  I'm especially looking at the ratchets.

These are pretty moderately priced (in line with what the USA-made Craftsman tools used to be) and supposedly designed to compete with Snap On.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 06:31:07 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Re: ICON by Harbor Freight
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 06:35:53 PM
I can just see the "You get what you pay for" posts.
I've got a socket set that I bought at a flea market, probably 40 years ago, that's still going strong.  Of course I don't use it on a daily basis, but it's still fine.

I've looked at them and can't see anything that I could complain about.   Don't know if you plan on using them in a work/professional setting, but HF does warrent them for life.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD