Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Post #1

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Re: Post #1
Reply #60 on: July 22, 2021, 10:20:35 AM
Here’s mine:

One of my friends has infected me with some kind of SAK-virus. Now I find myself browsing on obscure sites like sakwiki.com.

Very disturbing!  ::)

So. Well. I'm Michel, 31, from the Netherlands. A few months ago I bought my first pocket knife, the Victorinox Compact. Not long after this I also ordered a Victorinox Trailmaster (also known as Trekker).

So this is my current collection.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

More is underway, I will post pictures in the appropriate threads :)

Sadly the friend who infected me with the knife-virus has passed away almost two years ago. The collection of knives grew from 2 to about 200.
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #61 on: July 22, 2021, 01:48:52 PM
Sorry about your friend Michel  :(

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #62 on: July 22, 2021, 02:46:08 PM
My first post was in response to Mr. Whippy's alox collection, 11 years ago:

What an awesome collection! Those alox knives are pretty hard to find in The Netherlands  :(

Lots of members in that thread have now been inactive for a long time.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #63 on: July 22, 2021, 03:07:42 PM
Sorry about your friend Michel  :(

Condolences.
Esse Quam Videri

Reply #64 on: July 22, 2021, 04:04:56 PM
Thanks SteveC and Aloha  :salute:

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #65 on: July 22, 2021, 04:19:49 PM
Was that your friend with the Volvo?
My condolences :hatsoff:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Reply #66 on: July 22, 2021, 04:29:47 PM
Was that your friend with the Volvo?
My condolences :hatsoff:

Yes, that was him  :hatsoff:

^-- where the cat sits

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #67 on: July 22, 2021, 06:55:19 PM
Here's my first post:

Helo everybody,

My name is Eric, I'm 33 years old (born in '77), I'm married to my high school sweetheart, and we have two sons.  I live in Belgium in a little town called berlaar, about 20 km (12.5 miles) south-east of Antwerp .  I'm a long time reader here and I thought it was about time to introduce myself.  By the way, my nickname comes from a popular British television show, which I love.

I'm a Leatherman-fan since I bought myself a Supertool in '94, I also own a Gerber Multiplier (don't know the model 's name, I bought it somewhere around '97), in 2003 I bought an original Wave, last year I bought a Skeletool CX, and last week I bought a Leatherman Crater C33L.  I also own a multitool especially for the bike, It's a Topeak Alien. Not a big collection comparing to the average collections I see here, but I like them all  ;).

A few other hobbies of mine are, mountainbiking (recently I don't get on the bike often, but I will pick it back up one of these days ...), I also like to search the fields here with a metal-detector, hoping to find some old coins, musket balls, bullets from world war 1 ...,  hoping to find the history hidden underneath the surface of these peaceful fields.  And last but not least, I visit a lot of world war 2 battlegrounds here in the ardennes, not to search with the detector, this is forbidden by law and I think that the history of these forrests speaks for itself, digging here would be a total lack of respect towards the brave men who fought and died there. I do thake some pictures from the foxholes you can still see there.  Just to keep the memory alive.

So, that's about all I have to say for now I think, I hope to enjoy this beautiful forum for a long time.

Greetings from Belgium.

P.S. I would like to apologize for any mistakes I type here, English is not my native language (I speak dutch, and some fench), but I'll do my best not to make too many mistakes ... ( I hope ...)

So much for the "I'll do my best not to make too many mistakes..." part...

:facepalm:

:D

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #68 on: July 22, 2021, 11:30:14 PM
here in the ardennes
Windows 10 showed me a photo of the Ardennes at startup a couple of days ago, it looks lovely.  :)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #69 on: July 24, 2021, 08:48:21 PM
Windows 10 showed me a photo of the Ardennes at startup a couple of days ago, it looks lovely.  :)

There are some really lovely spots there, and a lot of historical places as well  :tu:.

:cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #70 on: July 24, 2021, 08:59:17 PM

I've seen Windows 10, too. It doesn't look as lovely as that...

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

Reply #71 on: July 25, 2021, 11:51:33 PM
I've seen Windows 10, too. It doesn't look as lovely as that...

:think: :think:

And now Windows 11 is coming in the near future (with some people already using dev/preview builds). I wonder how much worse THAT can get?!!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #72 on: July 26, 2021, 12:03:40 AM
I have no problems with Windows 10 so don't really know what everyone is on about. :shrug:
I just wish all my games I had with XP would work on it.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: July 26, 2021, 01:57:14 AM
Right, so other than the arbitrary lack of support for more than half of all software that ran on its predecessors*, you've had no problems :P

I believe W11 (much like Steam or what they had a shot at with Xbox) will require you to be online for it to function, - Windows already uses half of any given computer's processing power, now it'll use most of your bandwidth :P

Not to mention I'm not sure that any of the barely-accessible (regedit) opt outs available for W10 will carry over - every keystroke sent straight to MS HQ - for quality purposes, of course ;)

*Rumour has it that the issue is based around an aged DRM process that didn't come across to the new OS.
Now, I don't know what sort of shady underworld contacts you would need to achieve this, but I believe if you set something up to bypass the game security, it may well run on W10.

In any case, with billionaires launching themselves into space, no apparent regulation on mining and planet exploitation, and what has now become critical infrastructure (computers and internet services) being dictated by private enterprise, I'm not sure how much laws, or even ethics really matters any more.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #74 on: July 26, 2021, 05:49:55 AM
Right, so other than the arbitrary lack of support for more than half of all software that ran on its predecessors*, you've had no problems :P
It's only Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Flight Simulator 2004 that I can't run, although I have found an abandonware version of the former. All pretty old games.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%