Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

"Guardians of the Garage"...........

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
"Guardians of the Garage"...........
on: July 29, 2021, 08:28:41 PM
Besides my,"indiscriminate accumulation of all things edgy" my shop/garage/mausoleum seems to attract items of all manner.In order that they be protected from any,"undocumented shoppers" I have installed various pieces to act as guardians against such activity.This includes any number of mannequins;hair salon heads;animals of various proclivities,and any number of things that defy description. I hereby present to you some of the more bizarre pieces.This may take a few posts so please be patient and enjoy the show.
#1 is the,"Billetproof Babe" dressed up in an old drum majorette jacket and hat.It started life as a torso to display dresses and I added a head and painted the entire body with pinstripe designs for the Billetproof Michigan car show. She was to be auctioned off for charity but as I am not a slave trader decided to employ her in my shop to discourage potential undocumented shoppers.She is very happy in her work.
#2 is one of those hair salon heads they use to demonstrate different hair styles.It is made of a realistic looking rubber skin and has synthetic hair.There was something about the look in here eyes that says,"Psycho killer";don't mess with me! She watches over my rotating book rack.
#3 is a fierce looking rubber shark.Not sure if there was a bottom to this piece so I mounted him on a can of 1-Shott lettering paint that I use in my work.I also have a smaller version of him that is complete.
#4 is some type of a Hallowe'en mask made of rubber that found it's way into my shop and is mounted on a small coffee dispenser.
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 001.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 001.jpg (Filesize: 195.84 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 003.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 003.jpg (Filesize: 156.44 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 004.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 004.jpg (Filesize: 162.52 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 014.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 014.jpg (Filesize: 157.27 KB)

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Re: "Guardians of the Garage"...........
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 08:32:59 PM
Page two;some more denizens of the shop:
#1 through #3 more hair salon heads that I use to display my accumulation of silly hats that I decorate and paint up/
#4 is an older plaster store model with a patriotic bikini that she came dressed in. She also models various other suits such as a priest's vestments a friend of mine bought at a thrift store.
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 005.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 005.jpg (Filesize: 150.84 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 006.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 006.jpg (Filesize: 149.47 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 012.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 012.jpg (Filesize: 133.98 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 007.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 007.jpg (Filesize: 165.54 KB)

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 08:35:21 PM
Stay tuned folks;it might get a little weirder.........
#1Not sure who this character is but it looks like an egg with arms and a large mouth sitting atop a rather large hookah I bought at a garage sale.Must be some great dope in it judging from his expression.
#2 A doll depicting Moe from the Three Stooges dressed as an artist and wielding a brush and palette while riding a miniature wooden rocking horse.
#3 A talking doll named Mr. Perfect who specializes in mouthing platitudes of faux charm to his wife.My wife loves this one!
#4 Another female torso with a skull attached and dressed in a fellow artist's T shirt and wearing huge glasses. The sign would take too long to explain.
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 015.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 015.jpg (Filesize: 150.21 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 016.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 016.jpg (Filesize: 182.66 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 017.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 017.jpg (Filesize: 153.39 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 018.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 018.jpg (Filesize: 170.89 KB)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 08:41:46 PM by Ray S »

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 08:46:36 PM
...and they just keep on comin!.........
#1 The Crypt Keeper.
#2 A hockey mask painted to look like a skull with a Detroit Red Wings,"Wing Nut" hat on the top.
#3 Surfer Dude holding a dagger striping brush. Hula Pig is in the background(another Guardian).
#4 A smaller version of the prviously posted shark.
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 019.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 019.jpg (Filesize: 156.7 KB)
GaurdiansOfTheGarage 022.jpg
* GaurdiansOfTheGarage 022.jpg (Filesize: 165.73 KB)
GuardiansOfTheGarage035A.JPG
* GuardiansOfTheGarage035A.JPG (Filesize: 52.6 KB)
GuardiansOfTheGarage036B.JPG
* GuardiansOfTheGarage036B.JPG (Filesize: 55.17 KB)

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 08:57:05 PM
And finally the last of the Guardians(for now anyway).
#1 A Japanese mask made of some type of wood.Not sure of the significance.
#2 Rad Fink;a resin sculpture of Ed Roth's famous rodent holding a striping brush and riding on a basswood surf board.Created for an auction that was denied due to some copyright infringements,it now resides in my shop.
#3 Spot;the shop feline who met with an unfortunate accident once. We keep him around for posterity.
#4 And finally my shop dog "Fideaux",a Pomeranian who was preserved for posterity by a taxidermist (along with the armadillo and the iguana)and sold to an antique shop.I bought them all;sold the armadillo to a guy in California whose wife collects them(!)fo what I paid for all three.Gave the iguana to my youngest son whose dog thought it was real and destroyed it.Fideaux was mounted on a Play Skool skateboard with cable ties(!).I cut her free and bought her the pink glitter sunglasses and a pink studded collar and to show her gratitude she keeps ALL the bad guys away from my shop!
 And that is a few of the Guardians of the Garage I employ. Hope you enjoyed seeing them.
GuardiansOfTheGarage039.JPG
* GuardiansOfTheGarage039.JPG (Filesize: 51.21 KB)
GuardiasOfTheGarage042.JPG
* GuardiasOfTheGarage042.JPG (Filesize: 71.07 KB)
GuardiansOfTheGarage041.JPG
* GuardiansOfTheGarage041.JPG (Filesize: 41.12 KB)
GuardiansOfTheGarage040.JPG
* GuardiansOfTheGarage040.JPG (Filesize: 28.75 KB)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 10:34:50 PM
All I can say are:

1. Love your style and eccentricity.
2. I would not like to be in your garage at night with the lights turned off.

:D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 11:29:47 PM
 :iagree: :like: :tu:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 12:13:40 AM
The shark I believe is a character from the Street Sharks show that was popular in the 90's I think.

The black Halloween mask in the bottom of the first post looks like Venom, originally Spiderman's black costume in the 80's, which turned out to be an alien creature that started to take over Peter Parker's mind.  He eventually managed to separate himself from it, and it hated him for it.  It then found a new host, a rival photographer named Eddie Brock, who also hated Peter Parker.    The story has changed a lot over the years, but that was his original origin.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%