Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A knife or a tool.....or both?

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
A knife or a tool.....or both?
on: July 20, 2021, 02:05:24 AM
I promised myself I wouldn't be buying any more knives so when I saw this little gem I said to myself:" Self;this is NOT a knife;it is really a multi-tool!"(I guess I can lie to myself once in awhile.)
It looks like a 21st century version of an old fruit knife design I saw made by Miller Brothers that had a blade at opposite ends of the pivot and one was always open.The difference here is there is a blade on one side and a tool of sorts on the other.
The blade has what appears to be a gut hook built into the top of it but in actuality it functions as a seat belt cutter when the blade is in the closed position. The opposite end has a screwdriver blade at the tip(not a good one as it is very thick but narrow) and a spring-loaded belt loop hook behind which resides a cap lifter.
The frame is heavy duty aluminum with waffle pattern Zytel(or similar material)handle inserts and a steel liner lock.What is also strange is it has a lanyard hole in the frame to use in case you don't fancy the belt loop hook.
Made in China for Frost Cutlery it has a couple of things I don't like about it. First of all I don't think I would want this banging against my side all day hanging from the hook.And it is a bit large to fit into a belt pouch. The screwdriver bit is for all intents and purposes useless.If you tried to use it on a screw that the blade fit into,you would likely strip the slot as it is nowhere near wide enough to function properly.
But it is unusual enough for my tastes and it only cost me $4 so it will reside in my,"accumulation" 2.0
FrostCutleryToolKnife$4 001.jpg
* FrostCutleryToolKnife$4 001.jpg (Filesize: 167.33 KB)
FrostCutleryToolKnife$4 002.jpg
* FrostCutleryToolKnife$4 002.jpg (Filesize: 163.85 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: A knife or a tool.....or both?
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 01:22:30 PM
Well, you're right!

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: A knife or a tool.....or both?
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 03:22:36 PM
Certainly is BOTH tool and knife  :think:.  Its always interesting what tools knife makers decided to put on board.   
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD