Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Missing badge ideas?

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Missing badge ideas?
on: August 23, 2021, 12:24:03 AM
Yesterday I purchased a Boker equal end jack that is missing the round, silver tree badge from it's  cover. It is a fairly large hole left now. Early catalog mentions a 10 mm badge. I know I could contact Boker to see if they have something that fits, but I am also entertaining the idea of trimming down a vintage brass firearm cartridge and making something a little unique. In your collections, do you have any homemade cover badges that look good? Any other ideas? Pictures?

Thanks in advance

Follow up,,, something 3/8" would fill the hole perfectly.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 12:43:35 AM by GA1dad »
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins!
Re: Missing badge ideas?
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:22:17 AM
I don't have any but I'll be interested to see if others have and what you come up with .   :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 02:34:21 AM
 :iagree: :popcorn:

I have made scales from wood on a knife or 2 but never any emblems, usually if I have a knife that is missing one or has fallen out  :ahhh I have emailed the company and they are usually more than willing to send a replacement or 2 :cheers:

For those keeping score I have made this request with both Case and Buck Creek knives :salute:

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 03:16:26 AM
  I have emailed the company and they are usually more than willing to send a replacement or 2 :cheers:

That is my plan B.

I did find this star that I think would look pretty good,,, and it is the right size. https://www.texasknife.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=19354

And if I am willing to open it up a bit I could slip an 1800's silver U.S. 3 cent "trime" into it. This would be kinda neat as it has a Star of David on one side and my wife is Jewish. Though it would take some careful work and a trime with good details is not very cheap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-cent_silver

But I'm still looking.
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline NutSAK

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 04:41:45 PM
Even if you found something that was slightly smaller than 3/8", I would think you could basically fill the hole with clear epoxy, with the item "suspended" in the center.
- Terry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 05:09:51 PM
Ah Boker and their missing badges.  I have one and I'm entertaining using a badge from another trad that is not fixable.  Waiting to see what you come up and get inspired  :popcorn:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 07:30:29 PM
Ah Boker and their missing badges. ,,,,,,,,, Waiting to see what you come up and get inspired  :popcorn:.

Yeah, you sure do see a lot of them missing badges.

But what if I'm waiting to get inspired by you?  :rofl:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 07:35:00 PM
 :ahhh.  Well darn.  Hmm.  Let me grad that knife and brainstorm a few ideas.  Hmm.  I haven't got past the "what can I do to replace the missing badge on my boker" thought  :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 02:12:20 AM
Just sharing some ideas,,,

On ebay I found these 3/8" Ruger medallions that were pretty cheap and could easily be made to work. Not sure if I can post links to ebay auctions or not, but they were listed as "Factory Ruger Silver Medallion",,, several available.

ruger.jpg
* ruger.jpg (Filesize: 155.69 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 08:10:34 AM
Those look great.  I matched up a brass nail had and it would work.  I'm not sure what I'll put there but we certainly options.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 07:14:30 PM
That Trime is pretty cool :o :like: and the Ruger badges look nice as well 8) Can't wait to see what you come up with  :tu: :like: :like:

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 02:17:11 AM
That Trime is pretty cool :o :like: and the Ruger badges look nice as well 8) Can't wait to see what you come up with  :tu: :like: :like:

LOL,,,, yeah,, I can't wait to see what I come up with either. I like the Ruger badge and think it would look really nice all polished up. But,,, to make it more interesting,, the Boker in question is of the "New Britain" era and has a bold etching of "New Britain" on the blade, so whatever I chose will need to work with that too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
July Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: $36.00
PayPal Fees: $2.26
Net Balance: $33.74
Below Goal: $266.26
Site Currency: USD
 11%