Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I am new and have a question.

00 Offline H0GGZ1LLA

I am new and have a question.
on: July 21, 2021, 07:51:39 AM
Does anyone know of a bit driver that would fit in the keybar? I've been looking online for the last few days and I'm completely stumped? Can be micro bits, full sized bits, leatherman bits!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: I am new and have a question.
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:54:08 AM
Welcome to Multitool.org!

I can't think of any direct fit parts that would go in a Keybar, and insee Keysmart doesn't have any either.  I believe their plan is to try and conserve space as much as possible, and bit drivers are bulky- even the flat Leatherman ones.

I think your best bet might be to either install the Keybar screwdrivers and make do with that, see if you can find a Leatherman flat driver and try to make that fit, or see if you can locate the small bit driver from a Victorinox Cybertool, and try to make that fit.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 01:41:19 PM
Hello and welcome !    :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 03:03:01 PM
Not sure about the Keybar but I did fit a Wave bit holder in my Keysmart.  Welcome.   

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81717.msg1999834.html#msg1999834
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 03:32:14 PM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers: I hope you can find what you are looking for :salute: :tu:

Aloha's idea seems to fit what you are wanting and since it worked for him then it has a good possibility to fit what you are wanting :woohoo:

00 Offline H0GGZ1LLA

Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 04:17:45 AM
Welcome to Multitool.org!

I can't think of any direct fit parts that would go in a Keybar, and insee Keysmart doesn't have any either.  I believe their plan is to try and conserve space as much as possible, and bit drivers are bulky- even the flat Leatherman ones.

I think your best bet might be to either install the Keybar screwdrivers and make do with that, see if you can find a Leatherman flat driver and try to make that fit, or see if you can locate the small bit driver from a Victorinox Cybertool, and try to make that fit.

Def

Wanting a t6 and t8 capable bit driver to maintain knives on the go!

I've thought about both the Leatherman bit holder and the SAK one just not sure how they'll lock into place! Sorry for being difficult

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 04:51:40 AM
Wanting a t6 and t8 capable bit driver to maintain knives on the go!

I've thought about both the Leatherman bit holder and the SAK one just not sure how they'll lock into place! Sorry for being difficult

If all you're looking for is a T6/T8 you could use a leatherman bit, drill a hole in the middle and throw it on a split ring. You can torgue it with the split ring (for most knives that should be adequate unless you're breaking a lot of red loctite, in which case you should use a real driver and heat anyway). It wouldn't be inside of the Keybar, but it'd be so low profile it could hang off it where the key fob attackment is.
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

00 Offline H0GGZ1LLA

Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 05:08:04 AM
If all you're looking for is a T6/T8 you could use a leatherman bit, drill a hole in the middle and throw it on a split ring. You can torgue it with the split ring (for most knives that should be adequate unless you're breaking a lot of red loctite, in which case you should use a real driver and heat anyway). It wouldn't be inside of the Keybar, but it'd be so low profile it could hang off it where the key fob attackment is.

I've thought about that. I'm looking to have a secondary knife as well which made me think Keybar! And a possible Bit driver

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 05:22:35 AM
I've thought about that. I'm looking to have a secondary knife as well which made me think Keybar! And a possible Bit driver
Do you already use one for your keys? If you're wanting a back up knife too, then something like a half MT (I'm sure Poncho will be along to link his envy inducing half Charge) might be a good fit?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

00 Offline H0GGZ1LLA

Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 06:15:33 AM
Do you already use one for your keys? If you're wanting a back up knife too, then something like a half MT (I'm sure Poncho will be along to link his envy inducing half Charge) might be a good fit?

I have a half Charge, but it was pretty busted when I bought it on ebay and modded it to this
20210618_212152.jpg
* 20210618_212152.jpg (Filesize: 490.97 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 05:00:30 PM
Sweet Charge Knife :o :like: :like:

00 Offline H0GGZ1LLA

Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 06:26:44 PM

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 12:39:34 PM
Hi,

The LM bit driver will definitely fit in the keybar… I have the small bit driver installed on my full sized keybar and the large bit driver installed on my KeyBar Jr.

However no tools or inserts will lock… just friction based… should be ok I think for disassembling knives… unless it came with lotsa thread lockers from the factory…

If your looking at adding a knife as well, and one that holds in place like a slip joint, might wanna look at KeyBar’s knife insert… The Tanto blade costs around USD 99 and the drop point isnt available (again)… might want to hurry up though, as they sell out pretty fast… But if your looking one that completely locks, Ferrum Forge Keybar flipper… a bit harder to find these days as they were only a one time drop… other options are those from Klecker knives.

:cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD