Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Will a gray-frame Victorinox magnifying glass fit into a Vic Delemont S557?

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
I've got an S557, but find the wrench to be pretty useless for me.

I really like the old, gray-frame Vic mag glass that I have in my Swiss Champs and Explorers, using it frequently.

Can I pull the S557 apart, pull out the wrench, and replace it with the mag glass?

I have 2.5 and 2.25 pin stock and bushings for 91mm Vic knives. Do the 84mm Vic Delemonts use the same sizes?

Thank you!
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

Offline ComboTool

Comparing the tools side by side, I guess it should work although I don't have the parts "alone" at hand to try a mock-up. Wengers use 2.5mm pins but the bushings are smaller, I don't know if it makes a difference in practice. Depending on the age of your S557, the scale attachment may differ and you may not even need bushings (earlier models attached directly to the outer liners)

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
It should go in, but I think you’d have to solve some looseness issue and fit at the backspring. Maybe it won’t sit quite right…my guess is that it’ll sit a bit low.

I’ve only looked at it the other way around…fitting the wrench in the magnifier spot. The wrench tang is taller and by more than 1mm. And the wrench backspring does have a nub on it to make the wrench sit higher…so if you’re lucky, it might hold the magnifier at the right height.  :dunno:
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
It should go in, but I think you’d have to solve some looseness issue and fit at the backspring. Maybe it won’t sit quite right…my guess is that it’ll sit a bit low.

I’ve only looked at it the other way around…fitting the wrench in the magnifier spot. The wrench tang is taller and by more than 1mm. And the wrench backspring does have a nub on it to make the wrench sit higher…so if you’re lucky, it might hold the magnifier at the right height.  :dunno:
Thank you, kamakiri.

Since I posted the question I've realized there are enough other issues with this SAK that I'm no longer interested in modding it.   :(
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD