Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

360 Cameras 2163

Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,481 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: 360 Cameras
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 02:30:37 PM »
Mine isn't quite 5 feet, but GoPro mounts are cheap and plentiful enough on eBay I'd be tempted to pick up a length of PVC pipe and make my own.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,092 Never forget Yourself in the wind of success!!
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »
Mine isn't quite 5 feet, but GoPro mounts are cheap and plentiful enough on eBay I'd be tempted to pick up a length of PVC pipe and make my own.

Def

ABS would be stiffer. If I can locate a camera adapter end on its own, then could get a pipe or post to fit it.

Have selfie sticks, but they are friction lock, which could/would come loose from road vibration. And the kayak mount I have been using did better with only one selfy stick attached. When I added the other extension to it, and took a turn, the whole thing came over to one side. This is why I was going to mount a single length to the headrest post on the trike so there would be no issues in keeping things up-right.

¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,092 Never forget Yourself in the wind of success!!
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 11:23:01 PM »
  Hmm...  :think:
  I can get a cheap aluminum cane for $20 that breaks down. Can use that for a mounting post and save me some bucks! Only have to find a camera adapter to fit inside, or make one. It is more of the weight issue I am concerned with.

¬ Outback in Idaho

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2021, 07:03:39 AM »
  Roger and I rode part of the Boise River Greenbelt yesterday before taking Rover back in to get the hub swapped from a Sturmey Archer XRF-8w to a NuVinvi n380. Was a good way in seeing the old hub out, on a nice journey. Saw some deer. is strange how most people do not even notice nature.

R0010603 by Outback Idaho, on Flickr

No idea who the person next to me was. She was riding with her man friend further up the trail. Roger was behind me some distance.

On top of the ... bridge!
  We seem to have forgotten where the sexier trestle wood planked bridge was, so we opted for this one.

R0010655cp by Outback Idaho, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:19:28 AM by Outback in Idaho »

¬ Outback in Idaho

Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,481 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
Very cool trip!

One ofnthese days I'll get myself a nice tadpole.  I really like them, but I'm not a fan of the price tags!   :ahhh

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2021, 11:20:49 PM »
  This video is on making money/recognition of Google's Street View Path. The camera they mentioned only costs $1500. Dirt cheap, eh?  :rofl:  :mail:  :woohoo:  :whistle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpb1jL0eFY

Gives me some ideas. If I had $1500 to buy something I'd invest in an e-motor for the recumbent trike.  :twak:

¬ Outback in Idaho

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2021, 12:40:18 AM »
Good point!

I feel like I have better things to spend $1500 on as well, but that is pretty cool nonetheless!

Def

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2021, 01:57:23 AM »
Good point!

I feel like I have better things to spend $1500 on as well, but that is pretty cool nonetheless!

Def

Especially with an MTO.org challenge coin at the base of the nadir.  :D  The Advertising from a hike, kayak route, etc.

¬ Outback in Idaho

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2021, 03:01:31 AM »
  A tasty photo from Far East Cafe in Ontario, OR. Jimbo's closed up in Payette do the cook's health, and nothing beats a more home-cooked dinner. This one came out steamy hot, but had to wait for the ride to take photos. Enjoy!  :D

Far East Cafe in Ontario Oregon by Outback Idaho, on Flickr

¬ Outback in Idaho

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $41.47
PayPal Fees: $3.00
Net Balance: $38.47
Below Goal: $261.53
Site Currency: USD
 13%