Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Coleman Survival and Emergency Prep Kit.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Coleman Survival and Emergency Prep Kit.
on: August 02, 2021, 12:49:36 AM
I meant to do a write up about this kit when I first acquired it, but I stumbled upon this one after a few years in storage. This kit is very nice, and unfortunately, the new Coleman Survival and Emergency Prep Kit only now contains 100 pieces (Mind you, this older kit has 40 matches  :facepalm:). There are improvements in the newer kit, and a lot of that can be added to this one easily. There is strength in both kits I guess.

The kit comes in a nice zippered hard red clamshell with the rubber Coleman logo stitched to the upper left of the case.
20210801_174003A by Chako, on Flickr

It is thick, and there is no included strap or belt loop...making this one a strictly vehicle/backpack/home setup.
20210801_174018A by Chako, on Flickr

The kit comes in a cardboard sleeve that gives a lot of information about the contents.
20210801_173924A by Chako, on Flickr

On the back is a listing of all the contents. I like that the list is broken down into categories (clean, treat, protect, wound treatment, fracture/sprain, blister/burn, survival, emergency prep, and other first aid).
20210801_173935A by Chako, on Flickr

This kit contains 2 major compartments and a smaller pouch. A clear vinyl pocket covers half of each major compartment.
20210801_174052A by Chako, on Flickr

The left compartment contains safety matches, an instrument kit, a manual powered generator Redi-light, a roll of elastic bandage, gauze pads, and I threw in a relatively good quality card tool. In fact, there is enough room in this kit to add a few essential pieces of gear you may need. I found there was a lot of room inside the Instrument Kit box to add a fishing kit, or a wood fire kit/lighter, and even a small compass.
20210801_174156A by Chako, on Flickr

The contents of the Instrument Kit box are a pair of safety scissors, a pair of tweezers, and a water tight zip lock back full of safety pins. As mentioned above, there is a lot of room to put more in here. There is room to customize this Coleman kit to meet your specific needs.
20210801_174401A by Chako, on Flickr

The right side compartment contains the following: Benzalkonium Chloride antiseptic wipes, triangular bandage/sling, nitrile disposable gloves, a roll of medical tape, a safety whistle, a nice assortment of bandages, 2" compress, a cold pack, alcohol swabs, and a survival blanket.
20210801_174616A by Chako, on Flickr

In a separate small vinyl pouch is an assortment of AfterBite, and a single packet of burn gel.
20210801_174755A by Chako, on Flickr

I really like this kit because it has a little bit of everything. There is room to add all sort of other gear in here. Need a knife, there is room. Want to add a chocolate bar or granola bar as emergency rations, or add to the survival capabilities of this kit, you do have that option. Just a reminder that this is the older kit. Here is a link to the newer kit currently available.

https://www.colemanfirstaid.com/survival-emergency-first-aid-kit-work-office-camping-prep.php
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:25:47 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Coleman Survival and Emergency Prep Kit.
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 03:33:55 AM
Nice kit to use as a start for a bigger kit or just use as is :tu: :like:

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 04:06:56 AM
Looks like a nice kit.  Thanks for the in-depth review.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 04:33:03 AM
 :hatsoff:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85