Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Software for laser Engravers?

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Software for laser Engravers?
on: January 22, 2009, 01:05:53 AM
The boss who I work for recently bought a laser engraver for our workshop. However the bloke doesn't even know how the thing works. ATM we are trying to look for software that is compatible with the laser engraver/cutter. The machine is mainly to be used for stuff that is for work :(...but I want to muck around with it and do some engraving work with SAK's and MT's and Knives :D :D :D

Just wanting to know if anyone has experience with these machines and know what type of software is needed.

Ohh...btw the laser machine is an Epilog Helix 24 :)

If this does turn out good(e.g. I get software and I get time) I might be looking for some err... victim/guinea pig SAK's and MT's  :ahhh

[

us Offline cgjones

Re: Software for laser Engravers?
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:08:18 AM
I found the following on the Epilog Laser website.

Choose CorelDRAW, Adobe software, AutoCAD, or most other graphic software programs to run your laser, then print your image through the Epilog Laser Print Driver. Easily control the speed, power, piece size, Auto Focus settings, and more all from this easy-to-use driver.

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:11:58 AM
I found the following on the Epilog Laser website.

Choose CorelDRAW, Adobe software, AutoCAD, or most other graphic software programs to run your laser, then print your image through the Epilog Laser Print Driver. Easily control the speed, power, piece size, Auto Focus settings, and more all from this easy-to-use driver.

Must have missed that :pok:

I might need to check out the prices on the software...luckily I ain't paying(I heard these graphics software cost quite a lot :ahhh)
[

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 04:31:44 AM
We have one of these at work. we print to it from CorelDraw.  These things are great fun.
:)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD